Panic attacks are overwhelming and distressing, but you can always turn your attention to the Living God for guidance and comfort. God’s strength is with you when you are weak. He will carry you through any trial. His presence gives you peace and security when life becomes uncertain. Cast your internal panic and anxiety onto the Lord and allow His Word, peace, joy, and love to meet you in your pain and fear. Here are eight prayers to help you through these unexpected moments of intense fear and worry.
1. “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” – Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT
Heavenly Father, help me overcome this sudden fear and anxiety. Please help me remember that You are with me and prepared to go before me. I submit my fear to You and ask You to meet me now. Please help me to calm my thoughts and my body. Help me to rely on Your unfailing love. I know You are for me and present to help me through this right now. In Jesus’ name, amen.
2. But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. – Psalm 146:5 NLT
Dear Lord, let Your joy and Your strength fill my heart. Thank You for being my helper and my hope. You are God over everything, even this circumstance causing me fear and pain. I will rely on Your help. I will worship You through this moment and trust Your help to provide for me. Lord, give me the peace and comfort I need. Thank You for being with me and always being so faithful. In Your name, amen.
3. For I hold you by your right hand—I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. – Isaiah 41:13 NLT
Heavenly Father, I put my hand in Yours to guide me through these scary feelings. Lord, uphold me, be the stable source of calm and peace in my life. Lead me to calm and healing thoughts. Please help me continue rehearsing Your faithfulness and mercy toward me now. I settle myself into Your hand. I relax my muscles and my mind and choose to trust You. Thank You for being with me and helping me. In Jesus’ mighty name, amen.
4. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. – 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
Heavenly Father, I stand in the authority of Christ, who lives in me against fear and timidity. Father, I know this has come upon me suddenly, but I receive Your power, Your love, and Your Spirit to produce the self-control I need now. Father, thank You for Your love and faithfulness in providing me peace, healing, and freedom through Christ. Thank You that I am safe in You. Thank You for Your Word as it washes me of this fear and provides peace. In Your Son’s name, amen.
5. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. – 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
I come to You, Heavenly Father, with all these worries and heavy burdens weighing on me right now. I ask You to take care of the situations and the circumstances that have caused me pain and fear. Thank You for allowing this moment to help me trust in You. Thank You for reminding me that You truly care about me and really love me. I give this to You and allow Your will to be done in my life. In Jesus’ name, amen.
6. You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. 25 You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, 26 for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. – Proverbs 3:24-26 NLT
Dear Lord, help me to rest in You. Keep me reminded of Your Word and help me accept it as true. Help me resist the lies of the enemy that are bombarding my mind. Thank You for the breath of Your Spirit, helping me to breathe. Thank You for helping me regulate my thoughts and my breathing right now. Because of Your love and Your peace, I am safe. Protect me from disaster and destruction. Help me confront what I fear and to trust in the security of Your presence and Your Word. I will continue to rely on You. In Jesus’ powerful name, amen.
7. God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. – Psalm 46:1 NLT
Heavenly Father, I know that You are a safe and powerful protector. Protect me from the fear and anxiety I am feeling right now. Send the calming presence of the Holy Spirit to help me overcome these strong emotions. I ask You today to help me run to You each time this feeling comes and to remember that You are here to help me. I know You are strong in my weakness. You are with me, and I lean on You and rely on You to provide healing and freedom for me in this moment. In the name of Jesus, amen.
8. For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. – Psalm 32:7 NLT
Dear Lord, thank You for surrounding me with a song of victory. Father, I ask You to remove this heaviness and fear from my heart and mind. Place a guard of Your peace around me. Thank You for the redemption I have in Christ. Your love and forgiveness are more powerful and present with me than this temporary fear. Father, You are my protector and my hiding place. Thank You that because of Christ, I am never separated from Your love and Your provision of peace. Please continue to remind me of my victory in Christ. I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, amen.