Mar 26 2013
"GOD'S NOT DEAD" Bayahni's Story

"I asked her how she had been so brave through it all and she said that she asked Jesus to help her and that he had. Then she started singing 'God's not dead, he's surely alive, living on the inside roaring like a lion.' " ~ Gennie, Bayahni 's Mom

Bayahni is a 3yr old girl who suffered from intussusception, which is a painful medical condition involving the intestines.  She was recently hospitalized and had to go through painful procedures to to try and get her back to healthy.

Her mother, Gennie, shared their story on the AIR1 Facebook Page:

"During the first procedure I was holding her hands and rubbing her cheek, telling her how much I loved her and how strong and brave she was, and how very proud of her I was/am, she laid crying, but cooperative. I prayed for her.

I asked her how she had been so brave through it all and she said that she asked Jesus to help her and that he had. Then she started singing "God's not dead, he's surely alive, living on the inside roaring like a lion."

Then she asked "mom can we listen to Air1 on your phone, I like Air1, it's my favorite." We listened on my phone for several hours, she was singing and dancing to the songs, the Drs and nurses were all amazed by her. When they x-rayed to see if everything was back where it should be, it was! The Dr came in and gave her stickers for being such a trooper and gave us the good news that we could go home. She took the stickers and put them on every doctor and nurse we passed as we were leaving and said that God wanted her to thank them for making her better. My 3 year old has got it, she knows what's important and how to face fears, and has increased my faith in Christ exponentially. Again thank you all for doing what you do and making the impact that you make on people."

THANK YOU for being a part of the AIR1 Family, you helped Bayahni and her Mom get through a difficult day….

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/26/2013 9:07:34 AM
Jenn Garcia United States
Jenn Garcia
We love you Bayahni! Your strength and faith is an inspiration to all of us!
3/26/2013 10:01:29 AM
Janet McGee United States
Janet McGee
I have known Gennie for years, and she has grown to be a wonderful christian mother. This was a beautiful story, and just shows that if we take the time to teach our children about Jesus, they will never forget what they have been taught. Bayahni is a beautiful little girl, and I had shed tears when I read this story. God bless their family, and keep up the good work that you are doing with your radio station.
3/26/2013 10:51:15 AM
Elisha United States
Elisha
This is so awesome! I'm so happy for your positive attitude and thankful heart especially during a time that isn't pleasant. I ha a similar experience. I was in the hospital for an unbelievable event that had occurred. The next morning following my admittance to the hospital, I finally realized that although I was physically alone (without friends or family with me) Jesus reminded me he was with me and the presence I felt, that sense of peace was him. Protecting me. I'm very blessed by your story and your faith. Faith as small as a tiny mustard seed has the ability to move mountains. I hope the hearts of those doctors and nurses were open to receive the kindness Jesus showed through your heart!

God bless. I will remember your story for always!

-Elisha Smile
3/26/2013 11:01:53 AM
Michael Garcia United States
Michael Garcia
Bayahni is also in my thoughts and prayers. This little girl of Christ will overcome this issue by Jesus's love and miracles.
3/26/2013 11:05:59 AM
Darlene Copland United States
Darlene Copland
Who would have thought a precious little 3 year old could teach how one's faith in God can get you through hard times?  Our faith grows in times of desperation, those low points in our lives when we think we are all alone, when we struggle or think we have lost it all. Bayanhi has learned at a young age what many adults struggle to figure out. We not only enjoy hearing the music played on Air1 but also the stories from real people sharing their testimonies. Thank you, Gennie, for sharing this wonderful story of faith.
3/26/2013 12:33:55 PM
Jonathan Osorio Colombia
Jonathan Osorio
nice!!!! JESUS IS THE LORD.
3/26/2013 12:53:01 PM
Kimi ;o} United States
Kimi ;o}
Sweet Baby Bayahni....mahalo nui loa for sharing this story...so heartwarming :o} Agape Love, Kimi ;~}
Praying continuously for her...how precious! :o}