Mar 20 2013
"WORN" Why GOD? Do you not love me?

Sometimes things happen in life that make us ask GOD .. WHY??  Why are you letting this happen to me?  Aren't I faithful?  Don't you LOVE me? I thought you could do anything?  Then why are you doing this?

This is where I believe, no matter how hard it is and how much it hurts,  this is where our FAITH kicks in and we have to TRUST somehow that GOD has good in this mess somewhere.  HE PROMISES US THAT in THE WORD right?

Our PLAN may not be the same as HIS, and we may never be able to COMPREHEND why or how, but we have to have FAITH that HE IS WORKING ALL FOR OUR GOOD.

HE LOVES US THAT MUCH.

IF HE IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIS SON FOR US, HE CAN SACRIFICE ANYTHING FOR US.

Jerry Johnson is a brave young high schooler from Cleveland, Tennessee.  He is on the Wrestling Team for Bradley High School. He suffered an injury and called me yesterday asking for PRAYERS because he was devastated that he may not be able to wrestle his Senior Year. Wrestling is what brought him closer to GOD and he is confused, hurt, scared.

Jerry wasn't close to GOD in Middle School because he was bullied for being 350 pounds.  He was unhealthy and unhappy.  Until his coach taught him about GOD and the BIBLE, and brought him into the world of wrestling. For the first time, Jerry feels important, he feels like he is LOVED BY GOD, he is HEALTHY, he has a sense of family with his coach and wrestling, and it's all because his coach believed in him and taught him about GOD.

Wrestling keeps Jerry close to GOD and confident.  You can understand now why Jerry is confused about his injury. Please keep Jerry in your prayers.

I shared with Jerry this story that Mike Donehey told about the song "WORN" in his video journal.  I hope when you watch the video below, you are inspired that no matter what happens and no matter how HOPELESS things may seem, GOD has a BEAUTIFUL PLAN for YOU, even if it is not what you planned….

Have you experienced this in your life? How does this song "WORN" relate to you?  How has GOD changed your life in ways that you didn't expect?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/20/2013 9:50:47 AM
Jenni United States
Jenni
Wow - what a testimony and how encouraging it is to me. I thank God for using Tenth Avenue North to help me focus on Him and not what's going on around me. Thank you, Air1, for posting this. Smile
3/20/2013 10:22:04 AM
Tracy Rice United States
Tracy Rice
I feel like this song was wrote for me. I am a single parent of 2 boys. They are 23 and 21 now but parenting never ends. My one son struggles with anxiety and drug addiction. My other son has struggled with extreme ADHD. Im so worn sometimes it is hard to breath. I have been struggling with my own depression and anxiety within the past year. I recently was told by my dr I may have a auotimmune disease which i am undegoing tons of testing. There are night i grasp my Bible to my chest litetally holding on to the promises of God. Please

pray for my family.
3/20/2013 10:22:36 AM
DAVE United States
DAVE
I LOVE hearing a GREAT story in peoples lives and having felt the same way more than a few times. Im an older guy now with many chapters in my book of ''Daves life'' and I find it so inspiring to hear this from someone so young and gifted. I wanted to be a christian rock musician befor they had them back in the 60s and was laughed at when I suggested a radio station with CHRISTIAN ROCK SONGS. Some thought it,ROCK MUSIC to be of the devil back then . Things sure change THANK GOD and now listening to words of wisdom and praise on great stations from people like these guys is a true GIFT , as I lay here recovering from a leg operation n feeling a bit worn .
3/20/2013 10:24:45 AM
jerry johnson United States
jerry johnson
thank you very much for caring you guys my shoulder is feeling a little better today but im not allowed to lift for 2 weeks but thats better than not being able to wrestle for a whole year thanks air 1 for everything you do you make an impact in so many peoples lives its not just a radio station it is an amazing meeting with god and with people thank you agiain from jerry the wrestler Smile
3/20/2013 12:21:07 PM
Alyscia Johnson United States
Alyscia Johnson
I love this song because it reminds me that God knows we are weak. He designed it to be that way so we would seek Him. God has been with me through some pretty awful times in my life and as I learned to trust Him more He was able to use everything bad in my life for good! This song reminds me to be real with God but to never lose hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
3/20/2013 1:56:57 PM
Kimi ;o} United States
Kimi ;o}
3/20/2013 1:58:31 PM
Kimi ;o} United States
Kimi ;o}
WoW this is touching...mahalo nui loa for sharing this Sista Brenda :o} Agape Love, Kimi ;~} you ROCK girl!
3/20/2013 6:53:30 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
Spiritual...
3/20/2013 9:14:46 PM
Rebekah Z United States
Rebekah Z
I love this song. Between March 4th and March 16th I listened to it Every day; multiple times each day. I was literally struggling to breathe. I had an anaphylactic reaction to pine sap that dripped in my hair and it took almost 2 weeks to recover from. This song helped me remember that God is there in EVERYTHING we go through. Our weakest times are often when God shows His strength the most.
Jerry, I pray you heal quickly. But I also pray that God uses this time to draw you even closer to Him and to reveal His love for you in new ways. Even in our weakest moments, He is faithful.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be Exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" (all of Psalm 46 is pretty awesome though)
3/21/2013 12:07:15 PM
karen United States
karen
Troy Christian High School (Troy, Ohio) is praying for complete healing for you Jerry!!  We have recently won four state championships and we started without any wrestling mats. GOD IS GOOD! We have t-shirts that say ITS NOT ABOUT US    ITS ABOUT HIM  We wear them all the time.  Your story is inspiring and motivational, and has touched our hearts. Fulfill your DESTINY Psalm 37:4
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!

3/23/2013 8:27:00 PM
Sherrie United States
Sherrie
Thanks Brenda! I needed this tonight.
Sherrie