Mar 05 2013
Being "Unoffendable"

"This might be a waste of time for you.  But I suspect it COULD be really helpful, and save you a lot of stress, so I thought I'd post it.

It's a brief interview with a radio friend, Doug Hannah, about being "unoffendable".  There's some behind-the-scenes stuff here, since it's intended for "Christian radio" people, but we ALL struggle with this.  All of us.  And it's all about growing up.

Anyway, it MIGHT be a very valuable use of 17 minutes or so.  Let me know." - Brant

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/5/2013 1:50:33 PM
Breanna United States
Breanna
im 12 so i will always have some type of stress Smile Im just kidding im home schooled i kicked off alot of stress Smile
3/5/2013 1:54:43 PM
Breanna United States
Breanna
Hey Brant i have a question no toward this but to something that happened in my sisters school.

It was quiet in aa room and a boy screamed with on the top of his  lungs
"My God not dead hes surley alive" and he got detition for it! He also as bullying going on at school for him.
What he said on the top of his lungs was not inapropiate i would say it but im not in school.
Is that something somoeone could get in trouble for even if it is loud in school?
3/5/2013 2:11:36 PM
brant h United States
brant h
Breanna, I'm not sure.  Oftentimes in school, you can't say anything at the top of your lungs, no matter what it is you're saying.

Since I don't know the details, it's hard to say.

I know this:  It's so great that you care about your friend, especially he faces bullying or teasing.  I think having a heart for God means having a heart for those, in particular, who are picked on.  I love that you care about him!
3/5/2013 2:18:05 PM
Breanna United States
Breanna
Yea even some staff at the school make fun of him... So its kinda mean His name is Jordan Duffy
and the coach will say," Any body who doesnt run will have to eat lunch with Duffy" Then everyone will run screaming i think its real mean for them to treat him like that.
One day a "cool" boy threw a dogeball at his headand everyone makes fun of how he is so weird. i dont think he is weird.
I stand up for him when my sis tells me about this.
Yea so when i heard what he did about the yelling i was like give him some slack the coach makes fun of him kids throw stuff at him so im sticking on his side. Even if he is considered a "not cool kid'
So.. thats why i asked this
3/5/2013 4:48:39 PM
Marie United States
Marie
I have been really struggling with an issue at work and had prayed about it. I prayed for the person I have the conflict with and for myself but I was still struggling & probably still will, however I was listening and came to listen to this interview about not living in "offendedness". I can choose to keep doing the best I can do with joy that only comes from the love I have been given regardless of the lumps & bumps in life. Thank you for being genuine.
3/5/2013 4:49:07 PM
Breanna United States
Breanna
But can you pray for him and his family for me please, and thanks
3/5/2013 5:01:00 PM
Ryan United States
Ryan
I love Air1 listen everyday thanks for sharing!
3/5/2013 9:22:41 PM
brant United States
brant
Thank you, Ryan and Marie!

And Breanna, yes.  I certainly will.  Am, actually.  Thank you for being such a friend.
3/6/2013 7:33:26 AM
Miriam United States
Miriam
Thanks, Brant, for being so genuine and passionate and quirky and funny and smart and YOU! I was a Christian DJ for many years but finally let go for what I perceived as my being too old to relate to our target audience. It was terribly painful; I did an awful job of being unoffendable. But I had a dream in which, after I had yelled at Jesus for being so mean to me in the loss of this job, Jesus said "I'm not done yet". And He has proved it true!
3/6/2013 10:12:18 AM
brant h United States
brant h
Thank you, Miriam!  I think broadcasting is a REALLY weird business, and not altogether the easiest one for those attempting to become more selfless.

Love the dream story.

Thank you TONS for your encouragement!
3/6/2013 4:08:43 PM
Ingrid United States
Ingrid
i appreciated the part where you said that after someone complains or says something negative, you genuinely look for something to apologize for. Love that! that makes you the "living word of God." :~} thanx a lot for sharing! i'm sure i'll listen to this a few more times this week!

Thanks for not "shrink(ing) back" for what know to be true. Blessings...

"But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved." Heb. 10.39