Feb 07 2013
Save Saeed!

Thank you for continuing to help us pray for Christian Pastor Saeed Abedini and his family.  The latest news we have heard is he is now in a brutal prison in Iran, charged for converting from Islam, sentenced for 8 years.  He was there starting an orphanage.  His family says they've been able to talk to him, and he is wondering if people still remember him in his prison.  He's likely being told no one is paying attention to him.

YOU are needed to help another Air1 listener avoid torture.

We want Iran to know that we have not forgotten Pastor Saeed, an American, and a husband and a father.

Help us to get him trending on twitter TODAY!!

Social media MATTERS in this kind of thing.  It has in similar situations.

Tweet with the hashtag #savesaeed and the hashtag #iran, or use our tweet at @air1radio.

To get more involved you can visit Savesaeed.org

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (51) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/7/2013 6:51:21 AM
Jennie United States
Jennie
Please everyone, keep him and his family in your prayers, spread the word to churches, family, friends and ask them to do the same and to sign the petition.
2/7/2013 9:18:22 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I just hashtagged it on google plus!
2/7/2013 12:28:12 PM
Chloe United States
Chloe
I heard this story on Air1 and ever since God has laid him and his family on my heart. I've been praying for them and I know others are as well. Please keep them in your prayers and let others know.
2/7/2013 12:58:04 PM
dan jackowitz United States
dan jackowitz
i have been posting & reposting on Facebook to encourage prayer & mobilization to help Save Saeed! May God protect him & encourage him until he is rescued by our Lord!
2/7/2013 1:11:28 PM
Anon United States
Anon
Another repressive government in the name of Islam. What we really need to do is topple Islam with the love of Jesus by reaching their followers, AKA muslims one by one, family by family, city by city, state by state and then country by country!
2/7/2013 1:44:03 PM
Andrea Jaure United States
Andrea Jaure
Let's all take a time out to stop and pray for Pastor SAeed. May the Lord give him the courage and strength he needs.
2/7/2013 1:57:48 PM
Michelle Garnettt United States
Michelle Garnettt
Prayers to pastor Saeed and his beautiful family!  May the Lords glory and love be seen and shown through this man, and may the Love of Jesus richly bless his family while they endure!  We are praying for you all!
2/7/2013 1:58:25 PM
C. L. Riley United States
C. L. Riley
this is for saeed. may God be with him now. saeed, you are not alone. i am praying for you. and not going to stop in my prayers for you.
2/7/2013 2:15:45 PM
rgarcia United States
rgarcia
brother Saeed, just wanted you to know that we have not forgotten you or your family, we are praying for your safe return home with your family. may God surround you with his peace and may His light shine through you that all there may see His glory and love.
2/7/2013 2:40:07 PM
Tim K United States
Tim K
I'm contacting my local Congressman and talk show hosts today & tomorrow, hoping to get more help for Saeed. Please follow my lead & many others to get this Christian back home. He's doing the work that most us aren't willing to do and/or quite frankly scared to do. PeAce..
2/7/2013 2:57:37 PM
kenneth murphy United States
kenneth murphy
trying all we can for our Brother, i posted to my FB wall to help direct frinds here.
2/7/2013 2:59:55 PM
Autumn United States
Autumn
Praying for him and his family. Angels to manifest themsleves to comfort and bring peace.
2/7/2013 3:18:18 PM
Chontelle United States
Chontelle
You are not forgotten. You are loved. You are being prayed for. God Bless you.
2/7/2013 3:26:04 PM
Shannon United States
Shannon
PRAYING for Pastor Saeed and his family! NOT forgotten! Constantly on my mind throughout everyday, being reminded by the Holy Spirit to Pray, Pray, Pray!
2/7/2013 3:30:34 PM
Sandra G United States
Sandra G
We pray without ceasing for you Saeed and family. May Gods love and strength surround you.
2/7/2013 3:37:15 PM
Connie K United States
Connie K
Parying for Pastor Saeed and his family.  My heart and prayers for you to remember that you are loved and never forgotten.  God bless you and protect you and give you the strength to carry on.
2/7/2013 4:26:46 PM
Catrina United States
Catrina
Praying for Pastor Saeed......& his family.  The Lord can work miracles & get him released.
2/7/2013 4:32:05 PM
Edwin United States
Edwin
I Know that God have all in his hands!! Im Praying for you!!
2/7/2013 4:34:40 PM
Rev. Sarah Ray United States
Rev. Sarah Ray
When I prayed for this man, I FELT all of you sending your love and support to him, like a shining all over my head and shoulders.  Amazing joy in the touch of the Holy Spirit!  I KNOW he felt that! You are all amazing!

Bless you all in Christ!
2/7/2013 4:44:42 PM
Vicki Hunsperger United States
Vicki Hunsperger
I am praying for Pastor Saeed and his family, I'm so thankful that Air1 has not forgotten him and everytime I hear his name, I stop and pray.

-Caldwell, Idaho
2/7/2013 5:25:02 PM
Ursula Travis United States
Ursula Travis
May God bless you family and keep you strong and your family strong until your home with you family in the U.S.A.  If only more people would follow God plan and do as Saeed has done showing compasion and love for the orphans in Iran and for his captors. Our prayers are with you and your family. May you come home soon.
2/7/2013 5:26:29 PM
Constance Shilt United States
Constance Shilt
I also heard about this story , on Air 1 Thank you so much for sharing this story, my family and I will be Pray for Saeed and his family.
2/7/2013 5:28:07 PM
Robin Thompson United States
Robin Thompson
You are not forgotten. You are loved. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are praying for you and your family.
2/7/2013 5:41:46 PM
todd blaylock United States
todd blaylock
I'm not a devout christian but I do believe in right and wrong and it is wrong what their doing to this man I will go to change.com and post a line or two in his defense hopefully someone in our "political circle " will find a way to help this man, he is an American, just as everyone whose family's migrated here "back in the day" as they say so get it together people and help this man as it could be one of your personal family members over there, get him out, it can be done so again as they say GET ER DUN, God Bless Everyone in this endeavor and may you find Peace in your future days .
2/7/2013 6:08:21 PM
Theresa D.Reisner United States
Theresa D.Reisner
standing in Agreement and praying!!! The Lord our God will turn this Bad into Good> He always dus.. blessing over Saeed and his family.
2/7/2013 6:09:26 PM
Michael B. Reisner United States
Michael B. Reisner
Free Saeed!!
2/7/2013 6:09:42 PM
Michael B. Reisner
Michael B. Reisner
Free Saeed!!
2/7/2013 6:44:30 PM
Clay Nguyen United States
Clay Nguyen
This guy is my hero through Christ, a true believer. When God called upon him he didn't hesitate for one second walking into darkness to honor God, faith in its purest form. Wow when I first heard the story I started to think of how many people would do what he did, gave up everything for God I mean everything. Every time I think about it I get goose bumps, I know God is with him God is showing us through him that we can do anything through Faith even when it is one against a entire country, nothing can stop us as long as we truly believe. This is the message I have received from God through Brother Saeed. Father God I Pray Saeed, his family and all listeners faith stays strong through his test and proves to the world when you let him walk out the doors of the Iran prison that we all can do amazing things through you Father in Jesus name I pray Father Amen!!!!!
2/7/2013 7:01:04 PM
Alexander Cao United States
Alexander Cao
I'm praying for Saeed. I heard this guy on the radio and it is remarkable how strong he is. Through God anything is possible. He is a prime example of a good Christian man who is being imprisoned and persecuted for who he is. As Christian Americans, we live in the land of the free under one god that we trust. He is so brave and is being used by God for a great purpose. Saeed is a good man with a loving family and he needs to come home. He is a true believer who serves his God faithfully. I pray that he will be freed and that more Christians will rally and make a difference in this hard world. God bless us children and America.
2/7/2013 7:04:21 PM
Karen Owens United States
Karen Owens
God will be with our brother and will set him free. Because God knows what he is going trough and he will not abandon him. He will deliver him from all this hardship and reward him for his sacrifice and good deeds.
2/7/2013 8:53:12 PM
Jay United States
Jay
We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed... perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed — always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."
2 Corinthians 4:7-10

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." Romans 8:16-17

“In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake."  Philippians 1:29

"...count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

"....according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."  Philippians 1:20-21

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"In this [our heavenly hope] you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith — the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1:6-9
2/8/2013 4:35:07 AM
leo United States
leo
my prayers are with you and your family my brother. God bless you. God is with you and all the prayers from around the world and giving you the strength you need.
2/8/2013 6:14:16 AM
Anita Maddox United States
Anita Maddox
Please pray for this Christian man and his family. If not for the Grace of God it could be you or me.
2/8/2013 6:15:33 AM
Kat United States
Kat
It is started on Instagram now too.  Let's get it trending there today...a picture is worth a 1000 words...and hash tags don't hurt either.
2/8/2013 10:14:12 AM
Charlene Helmbrecht United States
Charlene Helmbrecht
I pray that we lift this American Pastor up in prayer that will move mountains.  I pray Father God that you send your angels in to this prison to break open the prison doors and that the angels lead him out into freedom.  Father, allow his enemies to see the your angels and know that there is no power that matches yours.  Draw his enemies into a close, personal relationship with you, one they will never leave.  Give them a new heart to follow you all the days of their lives.  In the holy name of Jesus.  Amen.
2/8/2013 10:52:05 AM
Stephanie Picha United States
Stephanie Picha
A country's culture and their laws are very important; however there comes a time when ones laws are outdated and are no longer serving the people of that country.  Iran...with the upmost respect and compassion I ask that you as a country change your laws regarding ones right to choose their religious beliefs...as long as ones beliefs are not physically harming anyone or emotionally harmful...the people of Iran would benefit from the freedom to practice whatever religion they may choose.

Pastor Saeed I send you light and love and I send light and love to your family in that God may bring you all a miracle! Stephanie
2/8/2013 12:13:41 PM
Kristen United States
Kristen
My Prayers are with you and your family! May Gods great hand do it's magnificent work!
2/8/2013 1:45:24 PM
Shannon United States
Shannon
Praying for freedom
2/8/2013 3:30:56 PM
todd blaylock United States
todd blaylock
may god speed you on your path home where once again you can be united with your family ,wife and children.we wont give up till you are free .If they truly don't want you spreading you beliefs there then why cant they see the longer they keep you the longer your cause and beliefs will be publicized world wide , if they truly wish to stop you they should send you home and out of their country their only making a symbol of you this way. best wishes ,may god speed you on your way.
2/8/2013 4:10:24 PM
Christine Santiago United States
Christine Santiago
We are Praying for Saeed. May the Lord Bring him Home.
2/9/2013 4:00:47 AM
Christianna Derlinga United States
Christianna Derlinga
Where does this guys family live? Have they written their Congress man?
2/9/2013 10:30:31 AM
Dan A United States
Dan A
I can't help but think that when most people say "we'll pray for your freedom" God responds with "Well, what are YOU (person that prayed) waiting for? I'm allowing you to help." For example, write our ambassadors or politicians to put pressure on the Iranian government...
2/9/2013 9:00:23 PM
Day Time United States
Day Time
Is a petition still available to sign, if so can someone please tell me where to sign?
He and his family are in my prayers and also in the prayers of my church family. We serve a God that is mighty to save and there is hope in this sad situation. There is light in this darkness.
Thanks!
2/10/2013 9:24:02 AM
Rafael Philippines
Rafael
Saeed helped me become more closer to God. His determination and love to spread the word of God is one thing that I know, God is happy about. there's billions of people out there who dontt know the truth. Hell is terrible place to live in after this life and Saeed is helping those men and women to be saved thou his life is in danger... I never met Saeed but I know He is a great man.A really great man!  I can never compare him to anyone..I know he will overcome this problem. in this situation, let us always remember that God is in control of eveything. He knows what's best for us as long as we keep on doing the right CHOICEs. LEts pray for him and his family Smile
2/10/2013 8:53:15 PM
Cassie United States
Cassie
My prayers and thoughts go out to Saeed and his family. May God Bless him and bring him home, but until then may God be with him and give him strength and understanding. I will be glad to help in any way I can, if there is a petition or something? God Bless
2/12/2013 7:56:35 AM
Angie McGhe United States
Angie McGhe
Praying for Pastor Saeed, his family and his native country. May God give strength to His own.
2/14/2013 5:06:39 PM
Amber United States
Amber
Been listening to air1 for quiet a while now and have heard the story of Pastor Saeed and his family. I have been praying for him and will continue to do so. I pray God keeps him safe.
2/16/2013 8:15:48 PM
Esther Michaud United States
Esther Michaud
Our people defeated Satan because of the blood of the Lamb and the message of God. I know that God will do something so amazing. He is a faithful God, and He is in control. Pastor Saeed's case is for the glory of God. Alleluia, in the name of JESUS !!!!!!!!!! Amen!!!!!
2/19/2013 8:01:05 PM
taner and Jennifer United States
taner and Jennifer
I am tanner harris and I am 10 and my mom is 40 and we think that God should be praised by everyone and should praise him in there own ways and Saeed should not be punished for what he believes in.we are praying for you and your family
2/20/2013 1:20:34 PM
Rob United States
Rob
Perhaps an artist out there could reach out with a song and make this go super extreme viral to add to the pressure of Saeed's release. I pray Saeed and his family can celebrate a release from his imprisonment soon.
2/20/2013 1:36:53 PM
Levi United States
Levi
God Please give Saeed and his family strength and embrace your words. Praise your name Lord. Our Alpha  and Omega........love and prayers