Sep 11 2012
Never Forget

What were you doing 11 years ago today? Just waking up? Making lunches for your kids? Just getting to english class? Let's take a moment today to pray for our Country and the families who lost someone 11 years ago. We have come so far since that day.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/11/2012 7:05:49 AM
Melanie United States
Melanie
It's crazy to think that it was 11 years ago. I was living in Canada at the time. And for some reason I woke up earlier than normal about 6am. I was watching my morning hosts on a news station I liked. My dad had just went to work. My mom was in the hospital at the time recovering from a stroke/heart attack. The news switched to breaking news and I watched as a plane flew into the second tower. I didn't really know what was going on...I tried to watch for as long as I could. I needed to make my brother breakfast so then we could go to school. I almost made us late.
Then at school in Social Studies we watched the news coverage and my teacher said " You will remember this day for the rest of your life this will be in your children's history books"   I remember there was also a bomb threat at our City Hall that day as well.
I also know that I wasn't saved at that time.
9/11/2012 8:04:54 AM
Peter United States
Peter
I was walking to HIgh School near Doig INtermediate enroute to Santiago and Diana Vo/Vu was on a calculus-course...to school too...
9/11/2012 11:24:45 AM
Andrew United States
Andrew
I was 6...my family was camping, heard about it from the radio of another family that was camping at the same site.  I was too young to really understand it, but I still remember the day...
9/11/2012 12:05:30 PM
Mika United States
Mika
I was only a year old then. My mom had gotten all these calls from friends and family, telling her to turn on the TV. But what's strange, is right as she was walking to the living room, I started to cry.

I am literally crying right now.
9/11/2012 2:43:04 PM
Em<3 United States
Em<3
I was 3... Though I don't remember it... the stories horrify me Cry
9/11/2012 2:58:28 PM
Beckah United States
Beckah
I was turning four years old. I don't remember anything about it. But every time I think or hear about it, I feel a deep pain in my heart.
9/11/2012 7:54:46 PM
Em<3 United States
Em<3
Yep, Beckah, I totally understand... I want to cry when I think of all those poor innocent people..& although sometimes I'm happy they got Bin Laden... it still was yet another life... & that of one who never repented... who never asked for forgivness... Cry
9/13/2012 12:11:54 AM
Sharon White United States
Sharon White
For some reason, I have the Hijackers on my mind and in my heart.  Young men who had been indoctrinated their entire lives with the ideals that led them to sacrifice themselves and so many others.  Such a tragedy for us all
9/14/2012 7:56:52 AM
Robin Shubert United States
Robin Shubert
I remember this day like it was yesterday... it was the  first day of my family's ministry in a small town community, my dad as pastor- it was my first day EVER in a public school, my first day in highschool - I heard about it in second period, I was in the first row third seat in from the right - and I just felt the world fall in at that moment.  I pray that the scales will be taken off the people's eyes who are so lost and confused and lied to, including we in America who forget truth and honor and freedom are things to fight for.
9/14/2012 8:00:36 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
I appreciated the testimony of this man. More than he may ever know. Thank you for sharing this traumatic event in your life. We will never forget. As I imagine you never will be able to, we will lift you up in prayer as well. You, your wife and your child.