Aug 29 2012
The Dan Report: Neil Armstrong

The greatest 'leap' Neil Armstrong took, may have had nothing to do with the moon.

8/30/2012 8:49:27 AM
Paul R. Ludlow United States
Paul R. Ludlow
When I read about Mr. Armstrong's death, two things kind of came to my mind.  First, there were two men with a great deal of notoriety with the last name of Armstrong in the news in the last 2 days.  An argument can be made for both of them being great American heroes.  I think there is something to that, and I'm not sure what God's message is in that, but something is there.

Secondly, when I read about Neil Armstrong, I was amazed by his humility!  And in this, as has been pointed out by Dan, he was also a very great man.  He contributed well to society, but he never wanted to be given great accolades, although he most certainly could have had them.  I admire Neil Armstrong now more than I ever had in the past, and I was alive when he stepped foot on the moon.  I was able to see it as it happened on TV.  But I wish I had known the man, Neil Armstrong.  I think that he could have been a model for anyone on how to really live, and live well.  The world is a little darker now that he and his daily living influence are gone.
9/4/2012 6:12:02 AM
Robin U United States
Robin U
I think the reason Neil Armstrong decided not to make his journey and first man on the moon status about him is becuase he realized once there and seeing the universe in a way almost none of us ever will - it was not about him at all - it is all about HIM - GOD the CREATOR - Who in their right mind after seeing and living what this man did would EVER think that what they did was anything at all compared to what HE has created and given to us????
9/4/2012 9:13:00 AM
Bill Van Riper United States
Bill Van Riper
This same able awesome extraordinary creator God and Lord of all in this immense universe, maybe 27 billion light years in depth, containg maybe 70 sex-tillion stars (7 followed by 22 zeroes), estimated to be ten times all the grains of sand on planet earth wants to be each of our individual shepherd. Can we as mere humans grasp a tiny portion of that? "What is man, that you are mindful of him?"
9/7/2012 11:27:16 AM
Carrie United States
Carrie
I believe that he inspired me to like astronomy, and space. I did take that class in high school, and it was awesome! He will be forever missed.
9/10/2012 9:48:49 AM
Daniel Robles United States
Daniel Robles
As I stood outside at 5:30 am this morning kissing my wife good bye as she was leaving for work. I looked up at the sky and I couldn't take my eyes off at what an awesome array of bright stars and the light coming from the moon. I immediately began to praise The Lord and Creator who made us. This is from down here on Earth I can only imagine what was going thru Neil Armstrong's mind seeing the universe from the moon. "Praise God" we are made for his glory!
9/10/2012 6:32:05 PM
Em<3 United States
Em<3
... any of u still here?
9/11/2012 6:19:05 AM