Jul 10 2012
Brant's OFF-AIR Show

Brant and Producer Sherri talk about "singles groups", Vegas, Christian Bookstores, Wimbledon, and, making Big Mistakes in Christian radio.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/10/2012 4:52:59 PM
Anna United States
Anna
Thanks for that "reality check" on our "humanism".  The example given (Mother Nature) is something I probably would have "heard" & mentally judged as "New Age-y".  Thank God I heard it in the context of your "off air" podcast, because it gave me a little more time to process the information & accept it as a phrase used by a Christian air personality.  It adds to her personality & allows her to connect with people on a level that a more pious personality may not have been able to do.  We ARE human, & think & say things that aren't "spiritually correct" & how are we practicing grace if we criticize before seeing the person.  Not that what was said was a "mistake"--but it may have ruffled some legalistic-minded Christians feathers.  Just as overly zealous legalists ruffle those who are less so.  Appreciate the "hard" questions/topics/concerns offered & SO very disappointed we can't have more of those on-air.
7/10/2012 6:58:09 PM
Shovelhead United States
Shovelhead
That was awesomely honest and Christ-filled.  Thank you both for taking the time to talk about stuff that normally wouldn't get discussed on-air.  Wishing someday it would be acceptable to talk about our imperfections.  There ain't a one of us without 'em.  I desperately rely on His Sacrifice and His Grace for my salvation - every single day.  Can't do any judgin' - just lovin' as best I can...
7/10/2012 7:08:35 PM
Brandon United States
Brandon
thanks for putting this up.. its always good to get on the website and get some good advice
7/11/2012 5:03:13 AM
Merlin United States
Merlin
On Christian singles groups.  I used to be in one that they did right.  It was not ran as a dating service. The pastor that ran it said "if you want to date each other fine, if you don't that's fine too.  Plus we had all age groups.  Singles I 18-25 mostly college students and a few that were serving their country. Singles II 25-55, kind of mixture mostly those that had been through the tragedy of divorce, some that had never married, and a few that had lost spouses due to death at an early age. Then there was singles III 55+ mostly widows and widowers.  Actually they were the coolest people in the thing.  You wanted to have some fun you invited the older folks to the party and it turned into a riot. We were not isolated from the rest of the church at all.  We were heavilly encouraged to serve each other and the church as a whole.  Myself I drove senior citizens that could not drive anymore to weds night service.  Then I worked in our TV ministry and did the building security occasionally.  Then went out a couple of times a year and gave a devotional at a nursing home. That church has undergone a lot of changes.  So have I, the big one, I am married now. We moved to another church for various reasons.  The pastor that ran the singles ministry  retired and moved to another state to be closer to his family.  So I have no clue as to what became of this ministry.  Our new church is only five years old, and are just staring into this.  They have a college and carrer group now, and a special class for newly married couples.  I do know the attitude of the leadership, they will not start a Christian dating service in their church.  They might consider something like we had at our old church.
7/11/2012 10:20:48 AM
Sophie Foley United States
Sophie Foley
Well I'm not sure where to start off but I must say that there are allot of opportunities out there in life for me and I didn't realize that there were so many evil things of this world and it seems like the further away from your home routes you get the more trouble you get into. I'm tired of running and God is using me in ways I don't understand but this isn't a bad thing in my eyes.
7/11/2012 10:01:11 PM
Monti United States
Monti
Good stuff.  Welcome, Sherri!  It's different to hear Brant when he's more serious and not being really goofy. Smile  I'm just so thankful for Air1.  I can't even begin to tell you what role the station has played in my life and in the development of a personal relationship between God and me. Thanks for all you guys do and for going the extra mile to do something real like this podcast. With lots of love!  Monti
7/14/2012 8:36:44 AM
wiserd United States
wiserd
I love your show Brant. I just wanted to add on having to edit what you hear; JESUS, was many times around sinners and I'm sure they didn't always have a "CHRISTian" mouth.
Thank you for your wisdom. GOD bless!