Nov 21 2011
Club Awesome Crashed...

...and thankfully no one was hurt! If you missed the fun that went down during the Afternoon Show with Fireflight, Newsboys, and Matthew West, catch-up here:

Fireflight Stops By:

Newsboys talk North Africa and New CD:

Matthew West Stumbles into Club Awesome:

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (37) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/22/2011 9:15:10 AM
Kelly United Kingdom
Kelly
Can't wait for Fireflight's new album to come out in the UK. 'Stay Close' is an awesome song. Smile
11/22/2011 1:57:01 PM
i love fireflight
11/22/2011 2:22:34 PM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
me too! and the Newsboys!!!
11/22/2011 3:17:17 PM
aaahh Yeah the Newsboys ARE AMAZING Smile
11/22/2011 3:18:56 PM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
Yep, they really truly are!!!
11/22/2011 4:00:32 PM
Bree
Ah i randomly met Micheal tait walked right by him flipped out he was trying to secretly go to hi RV yep that didn't work to well
11/22/2011 7:18:00 PM
Bree
lol, i was just reading some of our really old convos where it was just @lauren @Julia @ Jonathan and mecrazy convorsations i totall forgot about lol.
BTW this hasn't been said in a while but i do so...

I <3 ANTHEM LIGHTS 4 EVER...
ecspecially Caleb Grim Smile
11/22/2011 7:29:45 PM
I  /\/\    /\    I
I  \  /   /--\   I
I   \/   /    \  L___
i did this on my own
11/22/2011 8:36:43 PM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
I <3 Anthem Lights too!!! They are such an amazing band!!! They are kinda cute too!!! Smile
11/22/2011 8:37:50 PM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
I feel weird for saying that outloud...

#Imembarassednow....
11/23/2011 12:27:43 AM
Bree
dont be Caleb is my fave he so cute
and Lauren likes chad
11/23/2011 12:27:58 AM
which one isyour fave?
11/23/2011 7:46:21 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
Caleb's my fave too!! He's soooooo cute/handsome!!! Plus, he's a little shorter than everyone else! Smile
11/23/2011 7:46:51 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
oh, and just wondering... is this their real email? anthemlights@gmail.com???
11/23/2011 8:09:19 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
well, i hope so.... I just sent hem a email... which reads like this.... :

Dear Anthem Lights,

I just wanted to tell you guys thanks for everything you guys do! Your music is SUPER inspiring, and you all are soooooooooooooo talented!!! I’m so happy you have chosen to use the gifts God gave you and to share them with the world! So, I just wanted to tell you all thanks, considering it’s that time of year!!! May God bless you all, and the path you have chosen to take!!! And if you guys ever doubt yourselves and what you do, just pray & remember the parable of the Talents, God didn’t give them to you to hide in the ground... He gave them to you for a purpose, to use them for His greater glory!!!

God bless,
Emily <3

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect." - Demi Lovato

#Doesthatsoundtacky?
11/23/2011 9:02:43 AM
Bree United States
Bree
true that agreed so who is your favorite anthem lights memeber?
11/23/2011 9:42:12 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
            ^
I said... up there
11/23/2011 12:02:07 PM
Bree
oh sorry, but you better back off cause HE IS MINE!!! jk but yeah he is so man pretty andomgosh his voice is amazing and his nickname is Cabe and we like the same movie Alfred Hitchcock to which i didn't think anyone else haad ever heard of plus 2 months ago on Oct. 25 i got up told my bros it was exactly 2 months till christmas i got on his twitter he said the same thing only cutter, i think we are destined, probably not but the girl who is will be a very blessed girl Smile
11/23/2011 1:40:50 PM
callie United States
callie
i like kyle
11/23/2011 4:27:09 PM
aww... hes getting married
11/23/2011 5:21:43 PM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
It's fine if kyle's getting married... Caleb's not allowed too!!!!
11/23/2011 7:35:23 PM
Bree
AGREEED...i would never forgive him
11/24/2011 9:15:33 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I'm jut curious...But would you guys like them just as much if all of them were married?
11/24/2011 10:15:07 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
Probly, they are still a cool band!!! And, I do believe, they will always be!!!!
11/24/2011 10:58:08 AM
Bree
Yep i knew nothing about them and i heard theyre music on newrelease tuesday before it was actually out and i fell in love with it Smile
but then i found out about the guys Smile
11/24/2011 3:40:49 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
When are they going to have Skillet on here? Laughing
11/24/2011 3:43:02 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
Um, sorry to break up the conversation (I'm a Skillet fan Laughing)
11/24/2011 5:37:27 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
Same here girls, I really love Anthem Lights music Laughing And I think they're awesome guys. Like you said Em, "They're a cool band...And always will be"

P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Laughing Laughing
11/24/2011 8:56:35 PM
Bree
@Gunnar Yeah i agree I Love Skillet John cooopers voice is amazing if you scroll up and at the right theyre are a bunch of band names if you click on Skillet Skillet posts will come up Smile
11/24/2011 9:56:29 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
@Bree, ahh, ok I see thanks.
There all pretty old posts though haha.
Yeah John Cooper's voice is awesomeLaughing
11/25/2011 8:09:04 AM
Em <3 United States
Em <3
@Samantha, thanks!!!! Smile
11/25/2011 9:53:45 AM
Alex United States
Alex
Hey everybody!

I just had something to share that's been on my heart for a while now. Just to give you some context, I'm an older teenager, home-schooled senior in high school, and I'm doing all my school this year at our local community college. Just saying that I'm out and about a lot with other people, both Christians and non-Christians (mostly non-Christians).

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, I believe God really pressed upon my heart to ask myself why I flirt with the other sex and if it's really lining up with God's will.

I think it's pretty obvious why I flirt with the other sex. I, personally, used to use the excuse that maybe I'm looking for characteristics that I like in people, or something like that. If I was to be completely honest with myself, I would have to say that I flirt because I want to be "liked" by the other person. No, I'm not saying don't hang out with the opposite sex. Please understand me here. I have 2-3 friends who are girls. (For me personally, I have found that it's easier for me to keep my mind pure if I don't talk with these girls online or anything. I will talk with them in a public setting, like the lunch table.)

Without bringing to much more of myself into this monologue, I have found (through past experiences) that I do give myself away (in a certain sense) to the other person if I "like" her for one reason or another.

I don't think this is right.

I want to be completely devoted to the woman a marry someday. I don't want little pieces of myself left with other girls I may have "liked" for a few months.

I'm not even talking about the type of crush based on looks/outside appearance. I think most of us here, as Christians, could say that a "looks like" has a loose link to lust. It takes a quick skim of the Bible to see what our Lord says about that.

So to wrap up my thought, I don't think flirting or "likes" (crushes) line up to God's will for me to be pure before and during marriage. Believe me, I continue to fail in this area. I have other problems that I don't feel are worth or appropriate to discuss here. Nonetheless, maybe that's why I am passionate about this issue.

Apologies for writing such a long comment. I just thought this needed to be said. If you got this far (which many people may not), thanks for reading.

May God keep you Pure, both in and outside of marriage. Many people don't.

-Alex
11/25/2011 11:07:44 AM
Bree
i am sexually pure and will be when im married and dont apologize for sharing its a good comment Smile
11/25/2011 12:09:43 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
Outstanding comment Alex, you are very much correct in all your statements.  I respect your willingness to share your opinion on this issue.
11/25/2011 1:48:33 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
Amen! Alex, your comment was so good. I really appreciate it. I'm also saving myself, and it's so encouraging to see others doing so as well. I don't flirt, but I must admit it's not always easy to keep your thoughts pure. But I know that God can take our flaws and weaknesses to make us stronger if we trust and lean on Him. I always remind myself of that whenever I'm being tested, and He never fails.
May God bless you.
11/26/2011 7:25:12 AM
callie United States
callie
he's getting married?? Frown awwww, but i'll still like him. i mean their a great band! their music is awesome
11/28/2011 7:43:33 PM
Nelli United States
Nelli
i read your commment, alex (and only your comment, sorry guys but i get intrigued by long comments Tong ) and i think you are completely right and have the idea of our sexual attraction down pat. just wanted to say thanks for your thoughts, blah blah blah, but also keep going with this thought because i believe this is exactly what God had in mind for us. so... yeah. bye! god bless! xD