Oct 13 2011
Matthew West Shares Your Story

Matthew West kicked off his "Story of Your Life" tour today. Pretty awesome idea behind the tour. Check out Matthew explaining the meaning behind the tour.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (40) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/13/2011 7:16:36 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
Wow, Matthew West is amazing! Being able to write with him someday is one of my dreams Smile I would also like to write with Alan and Caleb from Anthem Lights, Peter Furler, Jason Ingram....And many more...And being an opening act for M.West would be soooo awesome! Laughing
10/13/2011 5:04:52 PM
Bree
Yeah i would like to at least meet Caleb from Anthem Lights i dont really write songs but would totally love to meet him
10/13/2011 5:07:48 PM
Bree
I have this Cd but alot of the songs dont apply to me but i like the song playing in the background at the beginning its probably my favorite song its the 1st song on the albulm its really good
10/14/2011 9:31:21 AM
Crystal United States
Crystal
I'm going to his show tonight Smile
10/14/2011 11:00:52 AM
Lauren
Lauren
I'd give anything to write with Anthem Lights. I'd give anything just to MEET them!! (sigh) stilllll waiting for that day to commmmeeeee Tong
10/14/2011 11:03:56 AM
Lauren
Lauren
My mom, both my aunts, and my grandma saw Mathew West, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Sarah Palin for a Women Of Joy confrence or whatever it was. That's pretty dang cool.

I'm not a HUGE Mathew West fan, but I def do like his song Strong Enough. It came on the radio JUST when I needed it to and so I like it more now Smile

I saw SCC at Disney World when he was reading the Christmas Story and that was really cool too Smile
10/14/2011 1:03:23 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
@Lauren and Bree, lol, I think you girls can relax a bit! I'm positive you'll meet them someday Laughing You gotta let me know when you do! Laughing
10/14/2011 1:30:36 PM
Bree
yeah  true story i probably need to can you guys pray for me this weekend i just am really nervous ill tell you more later but just pray for courage,safty,and wisdom
10/14/2011 1:31:18 PM
Bree
...and for my nervousness that would be great Thanks
10/14/2011 2:16:35 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
Praying for ya man
10/16/2011 5:42:50 AM
Erica United States
Erica
Sorry, I missed out on this conversation, but I hope that you got through whatever difficult thing it was, Bree!

10/16/2011 5:45:50 AM
Erica United States
Erica
Hey Lauren, about what you said when Strong Enough came on the radio just when you needed it: I think it's amazing how God can use this music to help us through things. Courageous and Blessings are like that for me. I never really liked either of those songs...that type of music isn't really my thing, but I was going through something REALLY hard for me, and they came on, and I cried, and God gave me the strength to plow through what it was I had to do.
10/17/2011 7:44:49 AM
Bree
Thanks God totally took care of it like i knew He would but i kinda wish i wouldnt have to go through this anyway
10/17/2011 5:25:48 PM
kriss
kriss
wat's goin on? but i totally understand if u don't want to say
10/18/2011 2:47:36 PM
Bree
im not sure if i want to share it all online but there are worse situations that could be happening to me so dont worry anymore its an old family situation.i might tell you more later but i have to go
10/19/2011 2:30:33 PM
Bree
i think ive found a way to share thats not to all knowing online ok so when i was 3 months old my mom and dad got a divorce my dad was a good guy like he is a deacons son and he was raised right but when i was born my mom caught him cheating on her and he said he just couldnt haddle being a father and he didnt want anything to do with me for three years until my mom was being remarried to guy they called uncle malcom to me but i  since the start called him dad and still do but then i started going to his house on saturdays i loved it there then when i turned 5 i could start staying the weekends i still loved it but as i got older he went through dating a couple women but now he is with this women who is living with him and they have a baby together who is 4 the woman at first i liked she wnt to church and since then she has changed quite a bit and not tot mention she has a 10 year old daughter who gets favortism by both my dad and her mom and i really didnt want to go but in the last couple years they have both stopped attending church and i am like the only one ministering to my little brother but i had kinda been not going because of church things and then on the phone i was like well i can come and he was like welll finally but i have to go on a trip with my "step sisster" not even really cause thyre not married and i was like well i am your daughter and he flipped out on me well your the one at church the last 3 weekends and you need to get your prioroties straight and i told him i do God is 1st in my life.and then i ended up having to go anyway that weekend so thats how it went and usally i jus go with the flow and dont say much so it shocked everybody so i hope no body was to startled cause it wasnt that bad but there is more but ill think about sharing it later and im sorry this is so long
10/19/2011 4:50:37 PM
Erica United States
Erica
Bree, reading this made me want to cry. But you did the right thing: you stood up for what you believe in. God says that if we don't stand up for Him, we are not worthy of Him. I'm praying for you. Know that your brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for you.
10/20/2011 4:25:27 PM
Thank you so much Erica and for everybody else Smile
It makes me feel so peacful knowing you are praying for me
10/22/2011 1:27:40 PM
kriss
kriss
God has a plan. i will be praying for courage for you and for your dad and his girlfriend to come back to him. hope it gets better.
10/23/2011 12:26:48 PM
Bree
Thanks i hope so to im just going to stand firm and not be shaken them watchi ng me live for christ should impact them "At all times preach the gospel, when necessary use words"
                            St. Francis of Assis

#myfavequote
10/23/2011 1:19:43 PM
Erica United States
Erica
We'll be praying for you.

Something my pastor likes to say: it's not those who have an easy life that are blessed; it's those that have a hard life.

The crazy thing is that when God blesses us and gives us what we want, we tend to FORGET Him!! (At least I do.) And that's awful! That's something that I have to always work at.
10/23/2011 2:13:24 PM
Bree
i Agree with you actually its funny i was just at a youth conventio and the pastor speaking said we needed to pray for crap in our life( and yes that is exactly what he said) and louie giglio on his Prayer remix talks about how we always pray for God to bless us, to watch over and protect us, be with us, and more but God doesn't want us to be prtected all the time i think you would have to see it he does an awesome job but im not doing very well explaining it but anyway it really spoke to me
10/23/2011 2:17:07 PM
Erica United States
Erica
I think that I do understand what you're trying to say. I believe that God sends these trials, not to SEE if we have faith, but to show how strong the faith is that He has given us and to strengthen us! Isn't that amazing?! The things that we think are bad, are really good. Just like the medicine our parents gave us when we were little! God is truly great!
10/23/2011 8:01:35 PM
kriss United States
kriss
one of the trials is a time of blessing. that is one of the hardest times to completly rely on Him we, as humans we like to think we are in control when everything is perfect then blame God when it isn't all that great
10/24/2011 5:08:16 AM
Erica United States
Erica
So true, Kriss. Hey, do you all subscribe to the daily verse from Air1? It was talking about just this very subject!
10/24/2011 9:34:19 AM
Bree
I dont subscribe but  i usaully hear the  verse or look it up on here
10/24/2011 11:32:57 AM
Lauren
Lauren
I did it on K-Love then stopped getting it.... weird.

btw the song Lucy by Skillet makes me wanna cry juat knowing the story behind it...Cry If you don't know it, please check it out.... very emotional. #nowplaying
10/24/2011 2:38:33 PM
Erica United States
Erica
Lucy is a great song. It's makes you think about post-abortion parents in an entirely new light. The first time I heard it I was driving, and I did cry...so sad and touching
10/25/2011 6:34:05 PM
Bree
yeah heard and know the story behind it but it is reall ysad live cause he tells the story then sings Frown
10/26/2011 12:20:30 PM
Crazy4Jesus i could totally tell your a fan of LOTR Laughing and Lauren u to
10/26/2011 1:12:03 PM
Crazy4Jesus United States
Crazy4Jesus
haha! Really? Truth be told i've only seen them once, I got to see them for the first time a couple months ago when i turned thirteen!!! and i just haven't found time to watch them a second time! Laughing
10/26/2011 6:04:37 PM
Laughing
10/26/2011 6:06:13 PM
...no wait...
...Laughing Laughing...
...and if Jonathan were here...
...D; :{...
...oh how i miss him Frown.Period.
10/27/2011 9:30:26 AM
Crazy4Jesus United States
Crazy4Jesus
Johnathan??? Is that your little brother?

Oh, and by the way Bree, I love the quote of St. Francis of Assisi!!! it's really inspiring! Plus, He's one of my favorite saints!!! Smile
10/27/2011 11:59:33 AM
Lauren
Lauren
No he is NOT one of her brothers haha Smile He's a friend. Ya where is he??

#imisshimtoo #whereareyoujonathan
10/27/2011 12:00:15 PM
Lauren
Lauren
BAHAHA and YES!! I'm a HUGE LOTR fan!! Laughing I saw them when (I think) i was 11. Something like that
10/27/2011 6:02:38 PM
Bree
@CrazyforJesus wher did u find that was my favorite quote

and just in case lets make this clear Jonathatn is a person that used to be one of the ttop comments person and he is moving and hasn't been on for like a month

and are you a boy or girl? I'm asking because me and kriss had an akward moment cause i couldnt tell if she was a guy or a girl
10/27/2011 6:12:08 PM
not to mention Laughing
requoting what Caleb Grimm said on twitter
"Nothing says,God bless our home more then Ghosts and vampires(i think)" Totally agree not into Haloween just found out the true celebration for Haloween it was to invite all the evil spirits into the world before saints Day Nov.1 not happy 'bout that
hate it when twitter wont work on my computer