Jul 15 2011
The Fray's Third Album DONE!

The Fray just Tweeted this picture with the caption "Finished our third record about half an hour ago" Who's excited?!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/15/2011 6:21:20 PM
Tanner United States
Tanner
You may not be aware of it, but The Fray has been using language on their Facebook page that does not reflect someone who is trying to reflect Jesus. It is my opinion that you should investigate this yourselves and consider dropping coverage of this artist.
7/16/2011 4:44:05 AM
Mike United States
Mike
Yeah, one of their songs you used to play called "You Found Me" described God "smoking His last cigarette." Eeek!

And the other two you play by them are confusing and meaningless, really. I like their sound, but I agree that they don't seem very Christian.
7/16/2011 6:11:22 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
To tell you the truth, I don't think they are a christian band to begin with! Don't they sing that song, "How to save a life"?
If they do does it have a single word about God in it? If it does were they using it as an example of Christ or did they just put God's name in song because it sounded right?
And that is a great song but if they just put God's name in it because it just SOUNDS like it blends in good, then what's the point?
7/16/2011 9:33:00 PM
Nate United States
Nate
Although a bit dated, check out this story about the Fray from Christianity Today. It tells about the members' Christian background:

www.christianitytoday.com/.../thefray-0706.html

Remember if we look long enough into the lives of just about any Christian, we will find stuff we don't agree with. Thank God for grace.
7/17/2011 6:15:52 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
I agree completely. THANK YOU GOD!
And thanks for the link. Smile
7/17/2011 10:02:09 AM
Monica United States
Monica
i don't think a band or song necessarily has to be labeled "Christian" in order to be inspirational.
7/17/2011 12:15:11 PM
kriss United States
kriss
you got a point
7/17/2011 1:22:57 PM
Tanner United States
Tanner
I'm not saying that the guys aren't Christians, just that recent behavior doesn't reflect it.

@Nate - I agree that if we look hard enough we'll find something we don't agree with. However, we don't have to look very hard when somebody is using f-words and other profanity on their Facebook page.
7/17/2011 9:41:35 PM
kriss United States
kriss
oh... i don't have a facebook sorry i didn't know what he said
7/18/2011 12:20:01 AM
Erin United States
Erin
@Tanner, can you give more specifics about The Fray using profanity because I don't see where they are dropping the f-bomb.  However, a couple comments have left it (a.k.a not The Fray but other people).

@Mike I love "You Found Me".  I was still lost when I heard Air1 play that song and it truly changed my life and brought me back to God.

@Nate great article!

I'm really excited about their new album.  Based on their vlogs it sounds really good.  I don't believe that everything needs to "seem Christian" to bring people closer to God and Jesus.  You never know how God is using people to move others closer to Him.  I thank God for The Fray and their songs (as do other people according to the article) and pray that He continues to use them and their gifts/talents.
7/19/2011 7:11:49 PM
Janet United States
Janet
They are not a Christian band. They come from a Christian background but they have stated they are not a Christian band. They do use their religion in their lyrics but that is only because they are so heavily influenced by it.

And the "smoking his last cigarette" lyric wasn't literal. The lead singer was using it as a metaphorical term.
They are a wonderful band, at least they don't song about strip clubs and drugs. They mean well.
7/21/2011 7:02:29 PM
Lauren.H United States
Lauren.H
I agree. They do mean well and just because they don't put God in they're album doesn't mean they're not christian. And they can use religion in they're songs so long as they don't put God's name in vain. If that's the case then they are totally fine with me. It's kinda like Manafest. I have a Manafest album on my IPod and the songs on the CD don't sound christian at all but that doesn't mean he's not christian. It totally depends on the persons spiritual perspective I guess. But I like both bands a lot.
7/22/2011 5:04:25 AM
Lauren.H United States
Lauren.H
My bad, if "spiritual perspective" didn't make sense, scratch that and put "christian life and what they're influences are" make more sense?