Jun 27 2011
Tornado Victims Honored

After seeing first-hand what damage has been left after multiple tornados touched-down across the U.S., Matthew West wanted to help.

Partnering with Samaritan's Purse, they've put together a video featuring Matthew's song "Strong Enough" with pictures and video from the devetation.

"My prayer for this video is that it can serve as an encouragement to all who have been impacted by these storms – as well as a call to action to everyone in a position to help and make a difference." --Matthew West

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/27/2011 11:13:37 PM
Cathy Lookabaugh United States
Cathy Lookabaugh
Thank you for reminding us that people are still re-building after these tragedies. Praying that hope is restored to them through the love and help of others.
6/28/2011 4:43:59 AM
Bill Smith United Kingdom
Bill Smith
A candlelight vigil for the victims of the April 27 tornado is planned for 8 p.m. Wednesday in Tuscaloosa. City officials say the Spirit of Tuscaloosa Candlelight Vigil will last about 45 minutes. The names of the 41 people who died in the storm will also be read.
6/28/2011 10:05:27 AM
Eleazar Flores United States
Eleazar Flores
Thank you Air1 and I only want to share my personal expirence. I am twelve years old and this past week my church had an internship for the youth 13-adult youth. On Saturday we went on a missonaire trip to Joplin and my heart was broken to see a young girl holding a can begging for something to eat or money. This also taught me that we need to make the most out every moment and show the ones we have now how much we love them. About 230 people died and what mostly breaks my heart is that many of those people died without Christ. And I think that we should wake up and realize that we need to do something for this world. thank you and god bless you
6/28/2011 10:38:34 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
My dad is a youth pastor in Winchester KY and we recently took a team of the our youth (including me) up to Tuscaloosa AL where I was actually born. But before we left, the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I think Thursday we had set up carts outside of Walmart and one day Kroger and asked people for donations such as non-perishable foods, pampers, clothes, toys, etc. By the time we had to leave, we had about probably 98% of a semi truck loaded. We took the team up on a Friday morning and got to Tuscaloosa that night. The next day we unloaded the supplies in the Sunday School rooms at the church that my parents and I used to go to. It took probably about 2 hours to unload! Then later that day we went to a place where the tornado hit. It was absolute devastation. We fed people, (anyone that wanted and needed food) went through the rubble, and talked with people who needed encouragement through that rough time. You would expect to see a lot of people mourning but they were actually very grateful and thankful to even have anything. I will never forget the time when a man came up to a table where some of us were. The first time he asked us a question,told us the answer and left. He came back a second time a said, "Can I ask you all another question? Can I pray with you?" Of course we accepted and he prayed. It's amazing to see people relying on God in those tough times. We would talk with some people and you never know what they had been through. One lady lost both of her kids, and one elderly man lost his home. The community really came together to bring there home back.

It was an incredible experience and I may not remember anything from my childhood there, but I will NEVER forget the time I went back to Tuscaloosa AL, to help the tornado victims.

Thank you for listening.
         Lauren, 12, Winchester KY.
             Go to www.teenfireonline.com if you want to learn more about this amazing youth group. Scroll down and we have a slideshow of our trip.
6/28/2011 10:54:29 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
And we also have a prayer wall on our website in case you have a prayer request we would love to pray for you. Thanks again. And thank you Air1 for being there whenever I need you! Smile
6/28/2011 5:43:29 PM
J.M United States
J.M
WOW Lauren! that is so cool! I wish I was able to go somewhere like that. We are praying for the people hit by the tornadoes
6/29/2011 9:13:46 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Thanks J.M!
Once again please check out our website. www.teenfireonline.com.
Oh and btw we are having a "Face of Love" missions week in Winchester KY. If you live in or close to Winchester we would LOVE for your teen to get involved! We'll be fixing peoples houses, maybe even going to a nursing home to keep the elderly company, getting stuff for a pregnancy center and etc! Just thought I'd add that Smile
6/30/2011 7:12:26 AM
Rebekah-Lynn Canada
Rebekah-Lynn
Matthew West has done such a wonderful job! But I would like to remind you that all of this has happened for a reason! God has used nature to bring His people closer to Him! Don't take me wrong, I do feel sorry for all those people! I am praying for all, and I do understand their pain.
6/30/2011 2:08:36 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
I totally get your point and I also think that in a way God made it happen to bring people closer to Him. I mean, some people may feel so desperate and sad that they might just think: "You know I think I'll give this God that people talk about a chance." or something like that. I mean, talk about taste and see the glory of God! Actually, see and believe. It's a great opportunity but still extremely tragic.
7/5/2011 11:25:17 AM
kriss United States
kriss
A great song!
7/6/2011 8:38:06 PM
kriss United States
kriss
my youth pastor was from one of the cities hit. luckily no one he knew were seriously injured, but he watched on the news a hospital had collapsed only a few blocks away from were he had worked.
7/6/2011 8:52:41 PM
J.M United States
J.M
wow, that must have been so scary. I love that song too!
7/9/2011 2:26:08 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
WOW Kriss! I'm with J.M that HAD to be scary!
It's horrible but it had to happen for a reason or it wouldn't have happened at all when you at it a certain perspective. If you know what I mean.
7/11/2011 6:47:01 AM