Jun 20 2011
NEEDTOBREATHE New One

They may be touring with Taylor Swift, one of the biggest female country stars right now, and selling-out arenas. But NEEDTOBREATHE know their audience is bigger then just the country music stage.

They've handed us this week's New Music, "Slumber," from their 4th CD coming out.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/20/2011 9:12:15 AM
J.M United States
J.M
why are they touring with a non-christian band? I will not be seeing them in concert.
6/20/2011 9:38:46 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
They're AWESOME and I LOVE Taylor Swift!!!
I SOO want to go!!!
6/20/2011 1:13:20 PM
J.M United States
J.M
I don't like taylor swift at all and I don't think that a christian band should be touring with her.
6/20/2011 2:21:13 PM
Air1Nikki United States
Air1Nikki
I personally think J.M. that it's a great idea for a Christian band to tour with a non-Christian artist b/c they can touch the hearts of those who may never hear God's love and word. It's a wonderful music ministry moment. Same with Skillet touring with some rock bands--an audience who may never buy a ticket to a Christian concert. It's just my opinion though--thanks so much for yours and Lauren's Smile
6/20/2011 6:25:54 PM
larry jarrell United States
larry jarrell
I agree Nikki, because until a year ago or so I was one of the people who stero typed it as old church music. And now that is the only music me and my family listen to. My kids have even got thier grandparents listening to it.
6/20/2011 11:57:49 PM
Kelly Z United States
Kelly Z
Actually they announced that the name of the album will be The Reckoning (also a track title)!! Smile
6/21/2011 10:23:16 AM
Nate United States
Nate
I agree with Nikki. It's my understanding also that Taylor Swift requested Needtobreathe to open for her. Why would they refuse the opportunity? That just would not make sense to me. God tells us to be salt and light in this world. If one person's life would be touched by God because of this, it's all worth it.
6/21/2011 2:54:37 PM
J.M United States
J.M
I don't agree. at all.
6/21/2011 9:39:16 PM
Chelsea United States
Chelsea
I think it's a great opportunity for the guys to play their music for a different audience. Its a good thing that the message is reaching different ears, younger ears, that maybe might make a difference in their lives.
I think they are like Switchfoot, Skillet, Relient K; bands that can play in the mainstream and work. Band that spread the message to a wider audience instead of just Christains. Afterall, aren't we to shine a light? If we don't take that light and shine it into a little darkness, then what is the point.
Besides, their record lable is Atlantic which is not a Christian lable.
Just my little penny of thought. Smile
Personally, I love NEEDTOBREATHE and I'm very excited about the new song and project.
6/21/2011 10:56:48 PM
Nick United States
Nick
As long as the true Gospel of Repentance and Faith in Jesus Christ is preached God will be Glorified. Isaiah 45:22
6/22/2011 11:03:38 AM
ClintM United States
ClintM
J.M.-While you're entitled to your own opinion. I strongly disagree with you. If you read the bible you'll see that Jesus often befriended drunkards, tax collectors, and prostitutes. Aren't we supposed to be following his example? If Christians completely seperate themselves from non-christians who will we reach? We're supposed to be spreading the good news not keeping it within the church walls.

Needtobreathe's music will reach thousands of people who would normally never go out and see a "christian" band. As NTB says in their new song "OPEN UP YOUR EYES"
6/22/2011 1:04:29 PM
Hannah Beth United States
Hannah Beth
I love NEEDTOBREATHE and I'm so excited for their album that's soon to be released. "Slumber" is such a great song with an upbeat tempo. I am so happy that NTB is finally get more exposure. Touring with Taylor Swift was a great move for them. They are so good! Their songs have such a positive messages in them. LOVE!!
6/22/2011 1:37:46 PM
Nate United States
Nate
Hey J.M.
If the disciples only went to Christian cities, how far would they have gone to spread the gospel? If missionaries only went to where Christians were, how many would they save? Needtobreathe is using their music to reach those the same way that missionaries and disciples do, and I am proud of them for being so bold.
6/22/2011 4:07:31 PM
J.M United States
J.M
I'm not saying NOT to witness!! all I'm saying is that we need to be careful who we hang out with and taylor swift is not the best person TO hang out with. I totally believe that we need to witness to the lost, OK?
6/23/2011 9:36:42 AM
sean United States
sean
J.M.-I am not a huge fan of her music but you act like taylor is some horrible person, she has said she is a christian on many occasions and mentions god in several of her songs and she did personally pick ntb to tour with her because she loves their music so much!