Apr 19 2011
FireFlight opens up.

I saw this video today on FireFlight's Twitter account and was thinking it was going to be another goofy video that FireFlight had posted.

When I started watching it, I realized it wasn't just a silly little video. It really made me think. I could totally relate to what their lead singer, Dawn, is talking about in the video and I know many of you guys can too.

Such an awesome video. Hope you enjoy it as well! :)

4/19/2011 10:22:35 AM
Mike United States
Mike
That is a great video, and it's so true.

There is one thing that I don't understand about the song though: It says, "I'm not what I have done. I'm what I've overcome." But isn't what we've done what we've overcome? That's like saying, "I'm not my sin. I'm my wrong choices."

I think what Fireflight means to say is, "I'm not what I have done. I'm what God has made me (now that I've overcome sin)."

Just a thought.
4/19/2011 2:53:12 PM
Edwin Subuyuj United States
Edwin Subuyuj
Love this song and this video made me cry. Thank you Fireflight for and amazing song and CD.
4/20/2011 6:42:02 AM
Jeff Morgan United States
Jeff Morgan
Wow, what a great message this is.  This video just shot right through me to my heart and made me remember how I USED to be, but no longer am because of the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It's like I always tell my family, I am so overwhelmingly grateful for Jesus saving me, that I get so emotional when good things happen to me in my life now.  And what Dawn Michele say on this video is so true.  You have to dig deep to root out all the bad stuff, and it hurts so bad when you do that.  But man, doing that and placing your trust in Jesus that he will carry you through it is so worth it once your removed all the garbage.

Thanks to Fireflight for this great video, and thanks to Jesus for making me one of his own.
4/20/2011 9:04:46 AM
robin United States
robin
Jeff, Thats awesome and yes I totally agree. When I watched this video I TOTALLY related to it all. You have to dig deep and it hurts, but once you do it, you're life is so much better. God will carry you through it all. It's an awesome thing to see.
thanks for sharing this!
4/23/2011 9:39:54 PM
Lucy United States
Lucy
@Mike That's really cool what you pointed out: what we've done IS what we've overcome, but because of Jesus we can see it as victory instead of condemnation. Thank God!
4/25/2011 9:20:50 AM
dave United States
dave
ill put it in a nutshell.. AWESOME SONG, AWSOMER VIDEO!!! fireflight you RAWK!!