Mar 28 2011
Video: New Music with Ashton

Time to hunt for new music this week with our Afternoon Man Ashton. Off to look for the powerful track from TobyMac (Tonight) & the elusive song from Peter Furler (Reach)

Click on the pictures to find out more:

3/28/2011 9:00:31 AM
Celena United States
Celena
Thank you for playing Peter Furler's new song!   Love It !  Yay, he's back !  THank you guys, please play it alot, as its not out till April 25th!!!
3/28/2011 9:03:28 AM
Kaitlyn United States
Kaitlyn
PETER"S BACK!?!??!??!?!? OH that is wonderful news!  I can't wait to hear the song.  I love Tait but I miss him terribly.  Nobody like him Smile
3/28/2011 9:18:12 AM
Graciela United States
Graciela
I LOVE the song "Tonight". Thank you so much for playing it!!
3/28/2011 9:37:36 AM
Mike United States
Mike
I love both of the songs! Thanks for playing them!

One question: Why'd you take John Cooper out of the tobyMac song? He was in the album version, so why is the radio version different?

You guys've done that with a couple of songs recently. Forgiven by Beckah Shae originally had MOC the rapper in it, but the radio version cuts her out. And Manafest's No Plan B had that Japanese rapper in the music video, but the song on the radio doesn't.

But then you kept Johnny Lang in the What I Need song from Dave Barnes. And you kept Lecrae in Keep Changing the World by Mikeschair. Why the change?
3/28/2011 10:36:39 AM
Sharon United States
Sharon
LOVE Peter Furler's new song!  I am so glad he has decided to continue blessing us with his Spirit-driven vision of the love of the Lord!  PLEASE play it over and over again!

My girls and I saw Toby Mac do TONIGHT in concert - awesome experience - GREAT SONG!
3/28/2011 12:53:56 PM
Edwin Subuyuj United States
Edwin Subuyuj
Wait Peter is back?!?!?!

Why did he left the Newsboys...?
3/28/2011 1:08:08 PM
Sharon United States
Sharon
Peter left to take a break from the non-stop touring he had been doing for 22-years with the Newsboys.  He wanted time at home and with his wife Summer!
3/28/2011 1:57:53 PM
Nate United States
Nate
In regard to an earlier listener's comment about the new Toby Mac single "Tonight."  I hope Air1 is not opting to play the watered down AC versions of songs. A local radio station in my area does that all the time, toning them down for the "Becky's" out there that may be offended by a little rock 'n' roll. I have yet to hear the other version, but one of the best parts of the album version in my opinion is having John Cooper of Skillet in it. Just saying.  Still love Air1.
3/28/2011 2:22:18 PM
Air1Nikki United States
Air1Nikki
@Mike and Nate: Good questions about the song versions. The thing is we aren't the ones taking out/editing songs. We play what the record labels send us, which usually is the "radio versions" the labels make. Trust us--the only time we change a song is to cut off extra dead-air at the end of it--we play what we receive. Thanks so much for still listening to us Smile
3/28/2011 3:39:40 PM
Mike United States
Mike
Okay, Nikki. That makes more sense now. Thank you for clearing that up. I'll definitely keep listening. Thank you guys for continuing to play God-honoring alternative music!
3/28/2011 6:52:59 PM
noeiza United States
noeiza
funny ashton;), it was so cool to hear this song on the radio today, thanx for adding it in your R'epertoire,I enjoyed it soooooo much!!
3/28/2011 9:18:04 PM
Ryan United States
Ryan
@Mike and Nate:
I'll second what Nikki said, I work at a Christian station in Nebraska and was really looking forward to playing Tonight because of the John Cooper/TobyMac collaboration, but the record label only released versions of the song without John Cooper on them.  I suppose we could just pull the track from the CD and use that version, but there might have been some legal/licencing issues the label had with using John Cooper's voice on radio, so that's probably best left alone. lol I eventually got used to Toby's voice filling in, it's still an awesome song!
3/28/2011 11:25:04 PM
Sharon Gonzalez <3 United States
Sharon Gonzalez <3
i love tonight!!! its probably my favorite on the album
3/28/2011 11:40:03 PM
Sharon Gonzalez <3 United States
Sharon Gonzalez <3
haha gotta love ashton lol
3/30/2011 4:06:24 PM
Nate United States
Nate
Thank you Nikki and Ryan for your replies. I am sure there are lots of licensing issues that make things more complicated than what we, the listeners, sometimes realize.
4/7/2011 10:40:57 PM
Edwin Subuyuj United States
Edwin Subuyuj
I wish the original song (tonight) was played...