Feb 21 2011
Video: New Music with Coppelia

It's new music time, so here's your favorite Midday DJ Coppelia chatting about the new one from a new band Anthem Lights:

2/21/2011 3:42:31 PM
Kevin Lichen United States
Kevin Lichen
It's great to finally hear a Christian band that has a sound that captures the pop/rock/r&b music that most of my friends at school listen to. (I LOVE Coppelia but I don't get the boy band vibe she referenced - it's more OneRepublic, Snow Patrol, and "Free At Last" era dcTalk to me.) I first heard of Anthem Lights on the Rock & Worship Roadshow and it's definitely a rock thing live although all the girls were freaking out.
2/21/2011 4:42:36 PM
AShlyn United States
AShlyn
Thank you for answering my request for them. I love this band sooooooooo much.
2/21/2011 6:48:53 PM
sugarblue2 United States
sugarblue2
I don't want to be rude but, YUCK! I listen to Air1 to avoid hearing boy bands and music like this. I hope this song doesn't last long.
2/21/2011 10:44:22 PM
Air1 JB United States
Air1 JB
Hi Sugarblue2!

What kind of music to you like to hear on Air1? Maybe you should consider on signing up to be an Air 1 Mixologist. We use your opinions and thoughts to help decide on the music we play here at the station.

Just click on "Music" at the top of the page.

JB
2/22/2011 7:45:46 AM
Kim United States
Kim
I really like some of the music that is seldom played on air 1.  Music by: Kari Jobe, Meredeth Andrews, Lindy Freeland, Audrey Assad, Avalon, Hillsong United, Nicole Mullens,  and some music that is a little older thrown in with your mix of new music.  I love the fact that you all play the new music but there is a lot of older music that is so very spiritual and uplifting also.  I love air 1 and Klove.  I have fallen in love with the music on these channels and no longer ever listen to "regular" music.  This has really changed my life.  I no longer listen to garbage and now listen God speaking with me.  So thankful I had the opportunity to hear the Lord's encouraging music.  Thankyou for all you do Air 1!
2/22/2011 9:46:09 AM
Air1Coppelia United States
Air1Coppelia
@Kevin, LOL! That's probably why the "boy band" came to mind when I first saw Anthem Lights. The girls screaming kinda gives it away! Smile But I also get your One Republic comparison. Nice!
2/22/2011 9:48:27 AM
Air1Coppelia United States
Air1Coppelia
@Ashlyn and Kim, I'm glad that you're enjoying the music! We try to play a variety of "edgier" music that is still a "positive alternative".

And like Air 1 JB said to @Sugarblue2, we'd LOVE to hear what you think of all the music we play.

Be sure to check out Air 1 Mixology and help us put together the Air 1 playlist!

You can find Air 1 Mixology on the Music page at air1.com. Or here, on the top of the page, just click on "MUSIC"!
2/24/2011 5:18:13 AM
Nicole United States
Nicole
I love this song and I'm so happy that air1 is playing it now! I signed up for air1 mixology and I requested Anthem Lights for the past two times. I'm glad to see you guys listen! I love this band and I hope you play their music more often!
2/24/2011 7:03:14 PM
Brittney United States
Brittney
I absolutely LOVE Anthem Lights!!! Everyone should go buy their EP on iTunes!!
2/24/2011 8:04:52 PM
Emma United States
Emma
I'm so glad air1 is playing Anthem Lights!!!  They're my absolute favorite band!!!
2/24/2011 8:22:53 PM
Sandy United States
Sandy
These guys are good, not my usual (being Skillet, Kutless and TFK) so when I liked them it surprised me but I can't help it.  Glad there are pop bands out there with a better message than Bieber
2/25/2011 1:56:43 PM
Kenya Henley United States
Kenya Henley
I just saw Anthem Lights in concert with TFK and Mercy Me on Rock & Worship Road Show.  They were AWESOME!!  Yes, they are cute.  BUT they can really sing AND their songs are great!  Thank you for playing "Can't Shut Up"!!
2/25/2011 2:43:12 PM
Bailey United States
Bailey
What a great group of guys with a passion for Christ...thank you Air1 for playing this song!
2/25/2011 7:36:32 PM
susan United States
susan
just because chris martin is attractive doesn't make coldplay a boy band. i just saw anthemlights in concert with tfk, jars, afters and mercyme. i had never heard of them before. they reminded me a lot of old school tobymac. emotional performance, intense message and heart for worship too. thanks for playing this.
2/27/2011 9:44:31 AM
Chelsie United States
Chelsie
I loooove Susan's comment. Just because the members of a band are handsome, it doesn't make them a boy band. They can't help it that they were blessed with good looks and amazing vocals and an amazingly overflowing heart for the Lord. A song praising God is a song praising God, right? And nearly every band I have seen autograph peoples arms. I love these guys! Love them like crazy. They're gonna be BIG! They have potential! I fell in love with their heart for God and their music.. not their looks! Love them like crazy. Thanks for playing it!
2/27/2011 8:38:16 PM
Barb United States
Barb
Everybody needs to cut Coppelia a little slack – nobody is perfect and our favorite Air1 DJ is no exception. Anyone who’s seen Anthem Lights on the R & W Roadshow obviously knows that they’re nothing remotely close to a “boy band.” Remember, there are still a lot of well-meaning Christian music listeners that are completely unaware of what’s happening on mainstream radio. Hey, my mom thought Maroon 5 was a “boy band” just because Adam Levine is cute! Let’s all just stay positive and celebrate the fact that Air1 is playing a Christian artist that captures the urban rock sound that my college friends and I love.