Sep 03 2010
Raw, Unedited Sanctus Real

It is hard to think about what Matt, the lead singer of Sanctus Real is going through right now.

He and his wife, Sarah, are expecting their third child, a boy named Bowen, to be born any day now. They know he has a life-threatening heart condition.

But through the pain and fear, they are full of TRUST in GOD!

Matt shared in his blog, Bowen's Heart:

I wrote a song with my friend Jason Ingram about what it means to trust during times like these. I’m not the type to post worktapes (demos) for others to hear before a song is recorded for an album, but I thought this was an appropriate time and place despite it’s imperfections. This is one of eight songs I have recorded to play for Bowen and Sarah while we’re in the hospital. The working title is Trust. You can get to it through the following link.

9/3/2010 11:14:19 AM
Pancha United States
Pancha
What a beautiful beautiful soul you have.  Thank you Lord for giving Matt such a beautiful family and gifts and more for his sharing them with us. You're in my prayers.
9/3/2010 1:17:12 PM
dorothy United States
dorothy
this is a very inspiring song!! i hope you guys release it as a single....these are words we all need to hear, cause so often we drift away from God or become angry with Him because we dont understand His plan, but if we simply trust Him with all our heart we can watch His plan beautifully unfold before us!!

my prayers are with Matt and his family, may God bless you with a beautiful health child!!
9/3/2010 1:21:33 PM
Celeste S United States
Celeste S
What a beautiful song, you are a beautiful soul and your family is blessed. Our son was born with a heart condition as well, our faith is strong in the LORD and he has seen us thru all. God Bless you and your family,you will all be in our prayers
9/3/2010 1:23:54 PM
Joanne Hines United States
Joanne Hines
My nephew has a 6 month old baby boy who was born with half a heart. He had to have surgery soon after birth, and will have another in September, and another in a couple of years. They can do many amazing things these days. Give him to God.
9/3/2010 1:52:07 PM
olivia United States
olivia
What a beautiful song and God's perfect timing. My grandson has been hospitalized alittle over 2wks now with pneumonia and yesterday had a blood transfusion. Just confirmed today that he has the same kidney disease his dad had, (had transplant 5 yrs ago.) Thank you for sharing this beautiful song that you made for your son. May the Lord bring healing to your son and family and continue to use you. God Bless You.
9/3/2010 2:30:58 PM
Vicky Fleming United States
Vicky Fleming
Just listened to "Trust". What a beautiful song.I loved it.I'm praying for this family. God's will be done.
9/3/2010 2:38:06 PM
Kara D United States
Kara D
This is such a beautiful song and very inspiring!  I pray that the Lord continues to bless your family.  Thank you for sharing such a beautiful song.
9/3/2010 4:17:33 PM
Wayne Scott United States
Wayne Scott
Thank you for being raw...and sharing this amazing song. It reflects your belief in Jesus and the reality that trusting does not necessarily mean that all will be easy or as we would write the story. Our Heavenly Father adores each child and is the Master Story Writer and is in the beginning chapters of another masterpiece that will bring great glory to himself. How awesome the thought to be in God's great story. God bless you and your family.
9/3/2010 9:30:03 PM
Lorissa United States
Lorissa
That is a very beautiful song. I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. I pray that God comforts you and shows you miracles and answers to all of your questions. There is a reason for everything, even if we can't imagine a reason being for our children's suffering. God is bigger than all of this! He will answer your prayers. I have a lot of questions for what my 8 yr. old son is going through and even though I can't see why he has to go through this, God does. It breaks my heart to hear him ask me why God is doing this to him. I know God has a plan, though, and I'm trying to stay strong in Him. Stay strong and don't give up on God.
9/4/2010 4:33:42 AM
Jen United States
Jen
Matt,

I know we are going through different things, as you are expecting the birth of your son Bowden...but I have to tell you that this song is completely amazing!

My brother in law was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 weeks ago yesterday and 4 days after diagnosis had brain surgery.  Praise God that he is recovering well...but I have to say this has been probably THE most trying time of my faith in God.  This song you wrote is absolutely beautiful, healing to the hurting soul and gives encouragement to the children of God.

Thank you is not enough, not at all...

I have been praying for Bowden since I heard the news on KLove and just know, everything is going to happen in God's perfect timing!

With love and thanks!
Jen
9/4/2010 7:11:00 PM
Lisa Walter United States
Lisa Walter
I had the pleasure of meeting Matt and the Sanctus Real Band by winning a music video contest for the song "We Need Each other" in Bakersfield California through KAXL in July of 2009.
I have no doubt in my mind that God's hand is upon Matt and his family (also the Band and their families). I was blessed in seeing God's anointing in all of your hearts. God is going to do miraculous things through this time of trusting in Him. Your love will soar to new heights of His love and you will then write about it and share that love and anointing through your music with us..... your fans!!
You are in My Prayers! All of you!!
Blessings,
Lisa Walter in Frazier Park, CA
Frazier Mountain Community Church
9/4/2010 10:45:40 PM
Jill C United States
Jill C
Matt, This is a song that truly needs to be heard, not just by Christians but by all that struggle with their Burdens. It's beautiful and very moving. With the faith you and your family have, never doubt and always "Trust" that the Greatest Healer of all, will be there holding you all up, rest easily in his Arms as he continues to bless your family. All will be well with Bowen. With Love and Gratefulness for the Messages you bring to us all! Jill
9/5/2010 9:24:45 AM
Erica W United States
Erica W
Matt -Your song brought me to tears, thank you for sharing. I too am expecting a baby boy in about 2-3 more months. We have been very blessed thus far to find out he's growing perfectly, as per God's design for him.

When I was a baby though, I was born with a VSD (small pinhole in my heart) it did close shortly afterward though. I was also born with the cord around my neck x3 and had lack of oxygen to my brain with caused a small lesion (that I have to this day). No one knows for sure, but they "think" this small lesion could be the cause of all the growth difficulties I had as a child. I have also been battling a rare type of migraine since I was 3yrs old. So as a miracle baby myself, I can see your son is going to be one truly blessed child and no matter what he will have an amazing testimony come from all of this. Love and prayers for your whole family! Erica
9/7/2010 9:14:01 AM
Kenzie United States
Kenzie
Wow. That's an amazing song. Please, Sanctus Real, don't change it! Leave it raw - yet beautiful!

I have been and will continue to pray for Bowen and his family. I hope all will go well with you, and may the Lord bless you greatly.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
  Jeremiah 29:11-14a
9/12/2010 5:29:23 PM
Kaci United States
Kaci
I heard the story on air1 and couldn't believe it! I know a couple who had a little girl on Oct. 10th who was born with HLHS.
There were so many people wondering why God would allow this baby girl to go through so much pain and literal heartache, but He has already been revealing His plan. After three open heart surgeries and a collapsed lung, she is now one month old and was able to go home today! Praise God!! This condition is very rare and the odds of surviving are slim to none, but God has shown how powerful He is and how prayer can change lives.

Her story has given hope to other parents with babies of this same congenital heart disease. Her blog site is elladawn.blogspot.com. I pray that she can also bring hope to Matt and Sarah in their time of need. My prayers are with them.
9/21/2010 6:14:48 AM
wythe United States
wythe
I was listening to the tune you posted. Pretty good. Beautiful in fact! I will pray for you your family and the baby.