Jul 19 2010
NEW The Wrecking & Britt Nicole!

I'm excited to share NEW Air 1 Hits from old friends today:

The Wrecking "About to Fall"

Doug, lead singer for The Wrecking shared the exciting news with friends on facebook and twitter:

"Good news! Air 1 national Christian radio is picking up our new single "About to Fall". THANKFUL and STOKED!!"

Britt Nicole "Hangin' On"

Britt via Twitter:

"Sooo...My acoustic record comes out on AUG 24th. Hope u guys like it :)

And we hope you'll enjoy these 2 new Air 1 Hits!

If you let us know what you think, we can pick more of the music YOU like. So if you can, go ahead and post a comment on the blog, and check out Air 1 Mixology.

Thanks!!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (29) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/19/2010 6:06:12 AM
bethany United States
bethany
Please keep playing "About to fall" by The Wrecking!!!
Joe attends my church and he is just the most wonderful, Christ filled person! Such a fine example to young people!

Thank you Air 1!!

God bless you!
7/19/2010 6:46:12 AM
Jennifer Eckert United States
Jennifer Eckert
Love The Wrecking's new song.  Heard it live 2 weeks ago and it was awesome.
7/19/2010 7:02:28 AM
Ali United States
Ali
Loved hearing The Wrecking on Air1 this morning! Play them more!
7/19/2010 9:46:46 AM
Adrian United States
Adrian
Hey Coppelia

I was just wondering who actually picks the next songs on Air1. Is it the DJs or the record companies?

Thanks
7/19/2010 10:06:04 AM
Coppelia United States
Coppelia
Hi Adrian, it's NEITHER!

We take new music we're thinking of adding to the Air 1 playlist and ask listeners which songs they like and which ones they don't.

That way we're playing more of what YOU (and other Air 1 listeners) like.

We rely a lot on Air 1 Mixology, where you can rate Air 1 music. If you haven't joined the "mixology team" yet, check it out at www.air1.com, on the music page.

Thanks for asking!
7/19/2010 11:04:47 AM
Adrian United States
Adrian
Wait really? I'm on the Mixology but I don't really get stuff about new things...only about songs that are already playing.
7/19/2010 5:51:49 PM
Kellen United States
Kellen
I like the one from Britt NicoleSmile
7/19/2010 7:11:44 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
Would love to hear more from The Wrecking.  Especially their new release "About to Fall".  Thank you for keeping it real!!
7/20/2010 8:44:09 AM
Danielle Callahan
Danielle Callahan
"About To Fall" by The Wrecking is BEAUTIFUL and IT ROCKS!!!  Please play it More!  Thanks!
7/20/2010 11:43:15 AM
Bonnie United States
Bonnie
I really like the new one from the wrecking, It's great!!!
but the one from Britt nicole just seem like she is making every thing out to be perfect and there is nothing you do wrong once you become a christian, like you hear everything god has to tell you, but it doesn't always work that way. It is still a very nice song thoughSmile
7/20/2010 1:03:35 PM
Brian United States
Brian
Love the new song "About to Fall" from The Wrecking!  Thanks for playing it!
7/20/2010 1:45:51 PM
Susan United States
Susan
Love the new song by The Wrecking!  Saw them July 4th live in Mpls.  All their music is so awesome! And loved worshiping with them too!  Keep on playing The Wrecking!
7/20/2010 5:02:21 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
Love The Wrecking's new song...keep it spinning...About to Fall...so true, so true.
7/20/2010 5:19:56 PM
Shu Min Singapore
Shu Min
love the Britt Nicole song! Sound so Beyonce!
7/20/2010 6:10:11 PM
Suzanne United States
Suzanne
Hey Coppelia,
Who decides what songs the mixology team rates?
Do the artists tell you which songs you can play? I have wondered that for a long time and since you were talking about that I just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
7/21/2010 9:35:02 AM
Eric United States
Eric
Tuned in to Air1 today and heard The Wrecking... this is a great band!  Keep playing their new song "About to Fall."  We're listening, and we love it!
7/21/2010 11:49:27 AM
Danny McMullin
Danny McMullin
Props to the guys from The Wrecking for having the guts to write a song like "About To Fall"  Honesty that Rocks!  I can't stop singing it!  Great Song!
7/21/2010 12:06:37 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
I heard "About to Fall" yesterday morning it is such an amazing and absolutely beautiful song! I've only heard it once and love it. I really hope you start playing it more often!
7/21/2010 12:10:16 PM
tim United States
tim
The Wrecking's About To Fall is the best song you all play right now.
7/21/2010 12:46:37 PM
Coppelia United States
Coppelia
Hey Suzanne,

Thanks for asking about Air 1's Mixology. It's super important for us to know what you (and other listeners) REALLY want to hear. So when we get songs that fit Air 1 (alternative christian music) from the record companies, we pick a few for the playlist, and ask you what you think! If a song "tests" well, we keep it, but if listeners say they don't like it, we take it out of the list.

We just want to play more of what you like on Air 1!
7/21/2010 5:13:57 PM
Suzanne United States
Suzanne
Ok thanks Coppelia!
I love The Wrecking's new song, "About To Fall"! It describes exactly how a lot of people feel, and I think it is amazing that they decided to write an encouraging song that lets me know that I'm not the only one who feels like that.
7/26/2010 4:43:01 PM
Sam Canada
Sam
i like the britt nicole song
7/28/2010 6:04:12 AM
Julie United States
Julie
Love The Wrecking's "About to Fall". The song is amazing and so honest.
7/28/2010 6:10:32 AM
Trisha United States
Trisha
I would love to hear more of The Wrecking on Air1! Their lyrics are beautiful and honest, and it is refreshing to hear a band on christian radio with such musical creativity and skill.
7/28/2010 6:12:19 AM
Casey United States
Casey
We had The Wrecking play at our youth event back on 7/18 and they were amazing, not only are they very professional but they are an amazing band to watch live, I cant wait to see them at soulfest this year, so Thank You Air1 for playing their new song "about to fall" and please continue to play it.
7/28/2010 6:20:54 AM
Tracy United States
Tracy
Thanks Air1 for playing the music we like! I LOVE The Wrecking's new song About to Fall!
7/28/2010 8:36:45 AM
Mark Standall United States
Mark Standall
I love about to fall by the wrecking. what an awesome song and band.
7/31/2010 3:24:38 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
The new song from The Wrecking is one of my favorites!!!
I would love to hear it more Smile
8/4/2010 6:14:37 AM
J United States
J
Thank you for playing The Wrecking! They are my favorite band. So encouraging and real! I have met the guys before and you can truly see their love of Christ and people, it spills over in beautiful ways. I thank God for the hard work they do to continue blessing us with great music. Thank you for supporting them AIR1! I love listening to them!
God Bless.