Mar 12 2010
Life as a Skillet Kid

What would it be like to have John and Korey Cooper as your parents?

John & Korey Cooper (lead singer/bassist, and keyboard player/vocalist of Skillet) know how to rock out...but they're also parents to Alex, their 6 year old daughter, and Xavier, their 4 year old son.

Wanna know how they do it?

Well, Korey homeschools, and then John might take the kids to the park. Later that night, the kids may be asleep while Mommy & Daddy ROCK OUT at a concert (like the Awake Tonight tour they're on right now with TobyMac!) And then they go back on the tour bus and try to get some sleep.

It can be a crazy life, but John was quoted in the latest issue of ParentLife, saying, "My kids have learned to trust God from an early age..."

It's kinda cool to see this side of Skillet. :) You can click on the magazine cover to find out more.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/12/2010 6:25:20 PM
K-Night United States
K-Night
Homeschooling is a lot more easy than attending a school. Especially if you're in a band, too.
3/12/2010 8:14:28 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
That is very sweetSmile
3/13/2010 7:45:16 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
that is so awesome! and yeah, i'm homeschooled and it's awesome cuz you can get so much more done...
3/13/2010 10:10:46 AM
Kellen United States
Kellen
Yeah my mom is awesome! She has homeschooled me since kindergarten. Homeschooling must make it so much easier for John and Korey.
3/13/2010 11:34:03 AM
Sammy United States
Sammy
i had no idea John and Korey were together! lol where have i been all this time! im home schooled also, its nice to have more freedom but i need a more social environment haha
3/13/2010 5:53:03 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
That little boy had awesome hair!
3/17/2010 4:16:25 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
Sorry to say, but i do not like homeschooling at all! i am homeschooled. Frown
3/18/2010 1:53:59 PM
merriam United States
merriam
HA that is soooooooooo cool! More homeschoolers like me!aND THEIR KIDS ARE ADOABLE!
3/30/2010 2:48:11 PM
Shi United States
Shi
im a homeschooler and i think that skillet rocks,its so cool they homeschool!!
4/18/2010 4:31:43 PM
Amy United States
Amy
im not homeschooled but my brothers fiance was for a few years. john n koreys kids (alex n xavier) are very cute. this i think is totally off subject but whats really weird bout me other thn teh fact that ive gotten straight As ever since the begining of 5th grade(just so you dont get scared or really amazed im still in elementary school lol) is tht i know too much about Skillet! ever since i went to the concert in boise i always go on to skillet.com n check out the latest news. idk how i got into tht habit but itz not a bad one thts fer sure!
6/3/2010 7:26:31 AM
Cheney Bermudez United States
Cheney Bermudez
I'm homeschooled too.When I read that John and Korey Homeschooled I sceamed. Skillet is like totally awesome. There kids are soo cute. Love xavier's hair:}.
7/20/2010 6:43:07 PM
Lilly United States
Lilly
That rocks! I am homeschooled also and I think it would be so hard for John and Korey having there kids at a public or private school...  Smile I like Xavier's hair, too.