Feb 25 2010
Falling UP-date

Here's an update on the band Falling UP by our guest blogger, Air 1 afternoon guy, Ashton! (great pic, by the way!)

Hey, It's Ashton! So we've been talking about Falling Up calling it quits recently, but in all reality, musicians don't die, they just start other bands! Especially when you were once in Falling Up. The end means a new beginning!

Here's a not-so-quick recap of the band:

2002- Falling Up is born with Jessy Ribordy, Jeremy Miller, Josh Shroy (The final 3 remaining members of the band), Joseph Kisselburgh, Andrew Dub & Tom Cox.

2003- Andrew said good bye & the band welcomed Michael Humphrey as their DJ, who also replaced Andy on keyboards.

2004- was a good year, mainly because they all remained...

2005- Tom Cox & Michael Humphrey are out. (Cox goes on to his current band Becoming an Archer.) Falling Up then adds Micah Sannan & Adam Taylor.

Confused yet? Hang on, we're almost there!!

2006- arrives and after a few years touring, Joseph Kisselburgh is out. (He now has his band The Send.)

2007- Micah Sannan departs. He's now in the band Disciple (and he's the Disciple guitarist we've asked you to pray for due to a serious infection, 3 surgeries in 5 days.) Adam Taylor also waved goodbye that year, too.(He currently does merch for Hawk Nelson.)

From 2007 on, Daniel Hudleston joined the remaining trio of Falling Up's Jessy Ribordy, Jeremy Miller & Josh Shroy. Who knows where these 4 end up next? Word has it that Falling Up and ex-member Joseph Kisselburgh, now of The Send, are currently collaborating. Think of it like a Falling Up reunion ... kind of.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/26/2010 9:15:21 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
it's pretty crazy what's happened with falling up over the past years. but i kinda only like disciple now cuz micah sannan was my favorite!!!
2/26/2010 10:22:47 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
They had a pretty short band-life, compared to other bands. Or maybe that' s just me!     Frown
2/26/2010 10:33:18 PM
Falisha
Falisha
is that ashton?! if it is, did he paint his head?
3/1/2010 3:51:47 PM
Air1Coppelia United States
Air1Coppelia
Hey Falisha, Yes, that's Ashton, and no he didn't paint his head!! Smile
3/2/2010 9:07:31 AM
Becca United States
Becca
So Falling Up is my one of my favorite bands, so if they break up I might just have a breakdown - maybe.  Anyways, I just want to say that even though Falling Up's band life was "short" they still got to experience what it was like, I hope I get experience that as well, and I feel that throughout all of their albums they grew - as a band, as well as indiviuals. So I guess that's all.
3/2/2010 2:04:13 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
yeah it does seem really short, but they put out some great music!!!
3/3/2010 9:34:41 AM
Becca United States
Becca
I agree.  I love their music. I really hope that they don't breakup.
3/3/2010 9:58:44 AM
kaeli United States
kaeli
Yeah they were my favorite band too! But they are starting new bands so look at as a new beginning =)
3/3/2010 7:44:42 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
That is such a great point!
3/3/2010 9:45:04 PM
Michelle Dante United States
Michelle Dante
I think the third guy from the left was the last one to join the band, not Daniel Hudleston. He's a friend of mine from high school, and I heard from him that Falling Up has come to end. But, he and a couple of the other guys started a new band called The River Empires. So, I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon Smile
3/4/2010 9:17:17 AM
Becca United States
Becca
I wasn't thinking about it like that, but, Kaeli, you're right - it's not the end, it's the beginning!
3/23/2010 1:25:26 PM
Heidi United States
Heidi
And don't forget about the offshoot band that Jessy and Josh started recently, The River Empires. Their first self titled album is to be released on April 6th!
7/28/2010 10:09:57 AM
Patrick United States
Patrick
Falling Up's break-up has really depressed me. Even though they have a new project going on called The River Empires, it's just not the same at all. It's not rock or anything even close to what they used to do. I'm really gonna miss them
Frown Maybe someday they'll all come back.