Feb 23 2010
FREE Superchic[k] download!

You get 2 great things with this free Superchic[k] download --an awesome Superchic[k] song & an intimate look at Superchic[k] singer/guitarrist Melissa Brock.

Did you know she struggled with an eating disorder when she was 15? Melissa knows what it's like to "... not feel pretty, to feel fat, to feel like no one would ever want to be with you or even be friends with you because you feel so bad about yourself. BUT I also know how it feels to be free from those pressures and feel a love and acceptance that isn’t humanly possible." Read her story.

Superchic[k] wants u to have this free download, but it's this week only, February 21-27, in support of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. Check it out!

2/23/2010 5:38:43 PM
Coby Pilarski United States
Coby Pilarski
This is truly amazing!!!! Oh what god can do its just amazing! This was me at age 11 and 12 people would Call me names because i looked fat and that made me self conscious but to date ive lost 50 pounds all because of that and it was a miracle i feel so alive now at the time i just turned away from God to fullfill my worldly pleasures but now 13 i am a belioever and i Love God he is Soooo Amazing and i love it
2/23/2010 6:37:48 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
i think it's cool and all that she can relate to everybody but has anybody else notices that every girl thinks she's had an eating disorder? i mean seriously, everybody thinks they've had it.
2/23/2010 7:11:01 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
I love superchic[k] a lot! This download is sure to be fabulous!!!!
2/25/2010 8:10:07 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
coppelia, what do you think? cuz it's kind of the same as every high schooler thinks they have a.d.d. i'm in high school and i'm sure i don't have it but everyone thinks they do. and the same with this - every girl says she used to have an eating disorder and it seems kind of just like a trend or something.
2/25/2010 12:31:28 PM
Air1Coppelia United States
Air1Coppelia
Hi Bethany,
Thanks for asking--I'm sorry if it seems that eating disorders are a "trend" at your high school.

Eating disorders are very serious business. Without treatment, girls (and guys, too) could die from it.

Here's a link where you can learn more about the serious health consequences of eating disorders:

www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/.../HlthCons.pdf

It's definitely something to take very seriously, not just as a "trend".

I hope that helps.
2/25/2010 3:40:58 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
i'm actually homeschooled but what u said was cool. thanks
2/27/2010 6:40:51 PM
Falisha
Falisha
hey, Bethany? are ya homeschooled through a beka academy?!
3/2/2010 7:29:21 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
no. my church (calvary chapel of downey) has a Christian school and the Christian school has a homeschool program. it's called GAP (grizzley academy program)
3/3/2010 7:17:41 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
oh. (lucky) Smile
3/3/2010 9:31:54 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
why?
3/10/2010 3:57:43 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
i dont like abeka academy. and my parents dont want me to go to public school.
3/10/2010 3:58:35 PM
Falisha United States
Falisha
but hopefully i can go to christian school next year. i totally love that school! but it is sooo expensive!
3/12/2010 7:11:56 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
i take choir at the christian school but i wouldn't wanna go to it all the time cuz i'm really kinda shy.