Jan 23 2010
Band Update: Falling UP

I'm giving it away by saying "Awwwww", but this is the latest band update from Falling Up. Sad ... and a little bit funny.

I have gotten quite a bit of email in the last six months of questions regarding the future of Falling Up. And rightly so, for we have been extremely seldom with our updates and news. So I figured I owe it to all of you, and myself, to clear things up.

After touring extensively since we were 19 and 20 year olds, the lot of us have diverged into other areas in our lives and drifted away from the group known as Falling Up. In other, more simpler words, we are taking a permanent break. I hate using the word "breaking up" cause that always reminds me of my high school prom night! ( kidding ). Actually, if I can remember correctly, my prom date was a rad girl and I had a lot of fun getting down on the dance floor to "Baby's Got Back" and slow dancing to the Armageddon theme song "Don't Wan't to Miss a Thing". Sorry, I'm getting off track.

It's been a good journey and thank you so much for your continued support throughout the years. We look forward to all of you finding us in our other projects and aspirations in life. Love all of you and God Bless. -Jessy Ribordy

P.S. If you are in New Zealand next week, come check us out at our last show. Parachute 2010 Baby, the best place to celebrate!!!.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/24/2010 8:57:17 AM
Kaitlyn United States
Kaitlyn
Awww, we'll miss their unique music, awesome sound, and great voice. Frown
1/24/2010 3:25:55 PM
Jessie United States
Jessie
i found out about this two days ago and was soo sad! Frown i'm gonna miss falling up! Frown they're now falling up-art! Frown
1/25/2010 7:17:16 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
ur right, sad and funny. i hope they come back soon!
1/25/2010 11:08:25 AM
emily United States
emily
this makes me so so sad! =( falling up is mine and my sisters favorite band ever!  so sad to see you guys go. but we will absolutely be looking for other projects form you. god bless! love emily
1/25/2010 11:46:15 AM
Narniagirl United States
Narniagirl
Thats SO sad!!!
1/25/2010 12:06:07 PM
John United States
John
This is terrible news.  Falling Up was the best band ever!
1/25/2010 12:24:23 PM
Air1Coppelia United States
Air1Coppelia
I know!!! I was SO sad when I heard that. Captiva is one of my all time favorite albums. Frown And they were great live, too! But we pray that God will use them thru other awesome projects. Can't wait to see what the future has in store. BTW, Jessie, that was funny (falling up-art?!?!)
1/25/2010 5:01:57 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Awwww! So sad =(
1/26/2010 6:43:48 AM
David Fell United States
David Fell
Sad.  I love this band!
1/26/2010 4:15:10 PM
Julie United States
Julie
This really sucks! I loved their music!!!!
I had a bad fealing when coppelia said, "awww"
I was wondering what ever happened to them.. Frown
1/27/2010 3:20:08 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
i'm hearing this a little late but i'm pretty upset! i loved trying to figure out the underlying messages of falling up's songs
1/28/2010 1:36:51 PM
Sammy United States
Sammy
R u kidding me?!?! Cry im gonna cry! i love falling up and never got to see them in concert, now i can't see them. awwww ill miss u falling up <3
1/28/2010 8:11:12 PM
Rose United States
Rose
wow...so horribly SAD! Me & my friend's all time fave band EVER! i cant believe it. hope too see their other stuff tho...
2/3/2010 9:39:14 PM
Rachael A. United States
Rachael A.
Ok, WOW!!!! I'm going to cry!!! Cry I love Falling Up SOOO much!!!! Cry Captiva is one of my favorite albums, by ANYONE!!!!! Beautiful music with deep meaning... I love their music sooo much!!! Cry I never got to see them in concert... Seriously, I'm so depressed!!! Love you Falling Up!!! God bless you!!!
2/4/2010 7:44:29 AM
Edan United States
Edan
I am so bummed that I never got to see Falling Up live. You guys were an amazing band.
2/6/2010 8:22:35 AM
Vannah United States
Vannah
That's such a bummer, guys. I was introduced to your music when I was in a really tough spot in my life and y'all helped me so much. I've been wanting to see y'all perform, but now I can't. I'm sorry for all that you're going through; just know that I'll be praying for y'all! I love you guys! And I personally think y'all are the BEST and no one can try to compare with y'all! (:
2/9/2010 5:41:11 PM
Kyle A. United States
Kyle A.
That's mega lame- just cause they're gunna take a break, they're going to permanently disband? Such a pity- good band and I'll miss them!