May 28 2009
The Wrecking / P.O.D. connection

So, what's the connection? Mark "Traa" Daniels, one of the founding members of P.O.D., just signed a new management agreement with The Wrecking. Traa experienced the mega growth of P.O.D., going from selling almost 40,000 copies of their first album, to nine million albums sold to date, movie soundtracks, and worldwide tours. So he'll know just what to do to help The Wrecking get to the next level. Traa works with Ryot Entertainment, and he'll be able to help the guys from Maine production, management, grass roots promotions, touring and lots more! I can't wait to see what's next for them!

And you know what, we don't really have to wait that long to see what's next for The Wrecking! June 2nd they're releasing a Special Edition Digital version of their debut album "A New Abolition". It will include the eleven original songs, plus three live versions AND (I'm really excited about this part) two covers of "Lost" by Coldplay and "Get On Your Boots" by U2The Wrecking ROCKS!

In case you hadn't seen their version of U2's "Get On Your Boots", check it out. It was recently named one of the top 50 music videos on You Tube!

5/28/2009 6:18:18 PM
lauren United States
lauren
they should have kept the word "sexy" in the get on your boots cover - i love the wrecking, but really this is a bummer. christians shouldn't be afraid of saying that word. God created this.
5/29/2009 4:36:04 AM
Craigsnedeker
Is U2 a christian band? I heard of them before but I don't know...
5/29/2009 6:15:56 AM
GJG United States
GJG
I didn't know that it was legal to change song lyrics on a remake... especially when recorded and put on a record.  Hmmm.
5/29/2009 2:55:57 PM
Danny McMullin United States
Danny McMullin

The Wrecking is AMAZING!  The BEST live show I have ever seen!  Joining forces with Traa from P.O.D. will only take them beyond what anyone can imagine.  Get ready.

The "Get On Your Boots" cover is brilliant!  A very cool tip of the hat to U2 along with some very innovative accents.

GJG-
All cover songs are new and (hopefully different) renditions of previously recorded and commercially released songs.  This is usually encouraged by record labels such as Universal (who is home to both U2 and The Wrecking) due to the fact that they are represented excellently twice.  A great example is the  Johnny Cash cover of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails (lyrically and musically different for the better) on his American Recordings Album Volume IV which is full other great covers as well.
5/29/2009 6:46:55 PM
Theophilus United States
Theophilus
I have seen The Wrecking live a couple of times and they put on an excellent show.  If you get a chance to see them, don't miss it.  Also, the guys in the band are very accessible and down-to-earth.  I'm glad to see them getting the increased exposure and expect big things from them.
5/30/2009 8:45:26 PM
Ben United States
Ben
What's awesome is i didn't know that I knew Darren the drummer for The Wrecking!

Turns out he goes to my church!

How cools that
6/1/2009 3:04:41 PM
Matt Dyer United States
Matt Dyer
Awesome dudes! Love what they stand for and love their music! Keep making Jesus beautiful guys!
7/1/2009 9:32:58 AM
Sammy United States
Sammy
Ben you know the drummer? that is cool.
i like this song too. it has a nice beat to it.
7/13/2009 3:25:17 PM
Misha Garcia United States
Misha Garcia
I like U2! They're really cool. My favorite song from them is Beautiful Day.