Mar 11 2013
If Jesus Had a Blog: Go and Sin No More!

What up!

Haven't blogged for awhile because Matthew ditched his Mac and got an iPad, which he says is great, but I can barely type on the thing.  (So NOT a replacement for a laptop.) I'm a carpenter. I build stuff. I'm not a super-typist.

Anyway: MAN, this planet is off-kilter. Seriously.

For example, these religious leaders today. They decided to stone a woman to death, because they caught her in adultery.  (Where's the guy she was with? Don't ask. Double-standard.)

Anyway, they're all the "good", Bible-reading, law-keeping sort, and take "stands" against sin - other people's, anyway. So I pointed out that they could go ahead and do that, provided none of them have sinned.

That ticked them off (surprise!) and they left.

And I told the lady that I didn't condemn her, and to go and sin no more.

This made her VERY happy.

Posted today at 4:32 p.m.

------------------

COMMENTS

Well, Jesus, I'm sure your well intended, but once again, your not really teaching her a lesson.  She DID sin, and sin is serious. Those were some of our top Bible teachers there today, and you certainly came off like you think its OK to do adultery.

Again, I know you're well intended, but you can't let people think its OK to sin.

-- lizlovesjesus21

Ya, I agree with Liz up there. It's one thing to be for "grace", because we ALL are for that, of course, but its another thing to just let her walk away after what she did.  You probably had some kids watching, too, who now think God is just fine with sexual immorality.

Grace is great, BUT... we can't be all "grace, grace, grace..."

-- randy_g

Jesus, you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater, again.  There's a whole movement of people like you who are just trying to be "cool", and aren't taking a stand against adultery. I'm sure it earns you friends, but at what cost?  You can take the grace thing TOO FAR.

-- christie

I've been reading your blog for awhile, Jesus, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to switch blogs.

I know you're God and so forth, and I go to church multiple times a week to be on your good side, along with my kids.  But they read this blog, too, and they are going to get the idea that, when they grow up, it's okay to have adulterous sex.  That's not something I want them to be doing.

I like the stuff you said about how we need to be a GOOD person.  Maybe stick to that.  I'm switching to a blog that's safer for my family.

-- concerned mom

-- Bill

Wait: Are you guys serious?

You honestly think this woman's life wasn't totally changed by this? You honestly think the law changes people, deep-down?

You'd seriously RATHER they kept their law and killed her?

You guys genuinely don't think you're just as guilty as she is?

You think if people are afraid of the law, their hearts will be right with God, and they'll stop sinning?

UH... obvious question here, but... have YOU?

You actually say, "Grace, BUT..."?  Like you really, truly WANT a "but" when it comes to the grace God is showing YOU?

REALLY?

You're worried about the example for everyone ELSE, when you, yourselves have sinful hearts, and you're fully aware of the law?

You WANT to be under the law?

You'd RATHER have big-shot religious leaders pretend they've got their moral acts together, so your kids learn to be THAT way?

You think, "I don't condemn you, go and sin no more," doesn't take sin seriously enough?  Do you think what Jesus does on the cross takes sin "seriously enough" to cover this woman's sin?

Or, let's be honest here, you'd actually rather it didn't.  That way you can keep your, "Grace, BUT..."

You know what?  It's sad, really. Apparently, you haven't experienced grace at all, like this woman just did, or you'd never have this reaction.

-- Paul of Tarsus

Yeah, Jesus, I'm with most of the people here.  Grace is great and all, but you can over-do it.

I *know* you've got a good heart, and love how you've healed some people, etc.

But just telling someone to "sin no more" after taking away the consequences isn't going to work.

She'll just go do it again, since now she doesn't have to worry about the consequences because you got involved.

-- Ed H.

Yeah, I'm confused, Jesus. I thought you came to teach us how to stop sinning. If that was your point, then why would you do this?

I mean, if you're whole point is "Stop sinning NOW!" it doesn't make any sense that you would do something like this.

-- Ashlie23asdfasdf

HEY THERE I TOTALLY WORK FROM HOME AND MAKE $36 AN HOUR AND YOU CAN TOO!!!!  I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK AND START MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE WWW.WORKFROMHOMEMAKEMONEY.ORG/BIGBUCKS

-- iworkfromhome

Well, Jesus, I happen to know several of the men you TRIED to embarrass today. And they are EXCELLENT men of God.  So for you to side with a KNOWN adulteress, in front of everyone, when THEY were just doing what God's law calls for, well, that's terrible.

I can see why they are really made at you.  And you claim to be a Christian!

-- Upset

jesus i am so glad u rescued me, to.

-- horsegurl9

3/11/2013 9:14:46 PM
Diane Kratz United States
Diane Kratz
totally love the 'Iworkfromhome' spam thrown in there.  Awesome post. Smile
3/11/2013 9:16:50 PM
Emilie United States
Emilie
I really like the last comment... and as much as it pains me to say this.. but this is so brutally true... And I admit I am like this as well... I would be lying if I said I wasn`t...
3/11/2013 9:19:09 PM
Dena United States
Dena
Well played, Jesus...well played.  I have been trying to communicate this very sentiment for awhile.  Thanks, Brant!
3/11/2013 9:27:00 PM
Brant H United States
Brant H
I'm a struggling, recovering Pharisee, too. I couldn't have written this, otherwise.

Now, I'm allowing myself to be shocked by Jesus, and how gr covers us. Clearly, the cross show he takes sun more seriously than we ever can, even in our proudest, most self-righteous moments.
3/11/2013 9:34:26 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
Wow, Brant, this is so creative and so dead-center true! (And the "Iworkfromhome" WAS hilarious. Laughing ) I love how you ended with a comment from an outcast girl who "got" the whole grace thing because she had experienced it.
3/11/2013 9:44:58 PM
Joey United States
Joey
this was my favorite "Well, I like the "sin no more" part, but in our culture, so many people just ignore that.

-- Bill
" hahah
3/11/2013 9:54:49 PM
Erika United States
Erika
So awesome! So exactly how we act! Love the work from home random spam lol
3/11/2013 10:31:16 PM
Adam United States
Adam
The work from home was awesome.
Maybe next time have someone do a rickroll or something. (and then have somebody comment (positively or negatively) on how the lyrics relate to God.)

It is always hard letting go of the law, our psyches want to be able to say somebody else is worse and justify ourselves, and not admit we are no better than murderers and rapists. But Jesus never preached salvation by law or fear; that is the exact opposite of Jesus's message. The whole love your God and love your neighbor was what he emphasized and for good reason. Love, God and Salvation are one thing.  Loving as commanded, produces the fruits of the spirit and that is the proof of one's salvation.  God himself is love, the very essence of God is love; if you seek God you will have love, if you have God, you will have love and love casts out fear.  Having a heart that grows closer to being like God's heart everyday is the indication of having the spirit, which is proof of salvation. Sin is the child of fear, shame and everything bad and only love can cast it out.
I've never been happier or more at peace, than since I let go of the shackles of the law. And interestingly enough, loving God makes fulfilling the law so much easier. It's a crazy and beautiful thing!

Peace and love.
3/11/2013 10:35:40 PM
Joy United States
Joy
Wow Brant, this blog was one of my favorites that I've read of yours. Pastor had just preached on this not too long ago, about a couple weeks ago, which I need to get the cd; anyway, you hit this right on the nail, so many ppl have planks in their own eyes that they can't even get the point that Jesus was trying to make. And I'm also like the others, I like the spam thrown in there  Smile
3/11/2013 10:38:42 PM
Wynd75 United States
Wynd75
For the first 20 (or so) years I read this passage, I was like "Sin No More???" How does that work???   If I was able to "Sin No More" I probably wouldn't have sinned in the first place...   Recently, I have come to appreciate this passage from a different perspective... He didn't say "do this or that, read your bible, stand on your head, complete 15 consecutive perfect cartwheels to earn your way back to Grace."   He basically said "knock it off" possibly knowing she might not be able to actualize... maybe she did... maybe like me it took longer than that to understand really let the full Love of His statement in... maybe it translated faster in person Smile who knows I guess... at anyrate Jesus Rocks! xo!
3/11/2013 11:58:03 PM
Leslie Ann United States
Leslie Ann
This was SO amazingly creative and SO spot on. I've just come back to Jesus after a 25 yr split. I'm a 50 yr old woman who can totally relate. This made me cry. I live in His grace EVERY DAY! I never got it when I was kid carrying around a Bible thinking I could convert people at will. Took years of learning and humility. God is good. And thank you, Brant...so are you. God Bless you and your family. Thank you!
3/12/2013 12:02:42 AM
Wilder Belize
Wilder
:O ! this was hilarious. I couldn't stop smiling all the while. i could relate to many of the characters in the story. well played Brant, well played. Thanks for breaking it up for me. Loved the spam thingie in there... Bless ya... From Belize....
3/12/2013 4:11:37 AM
Donna United States
Donna
Brilliant!  Just Brilliant!

Loved the work from home spam you threw in as well - made it even more real.

And this is very deep.  I'll be thinking about it all day.  Have to work through the concepts of forgiveness and punishment.
3/12/2013 4:38:19 AM
Tyler United States
Tyler
My favorite has to be the guy who tells Jesus "I thought you were supposed to be a christian!" As if a christian isn't a follower of JESUS. Haha. I love this. It's so true! It is sad to say I know a lot of people who would comment things like those..
3/12/2013 4:43:48 AM
Dave United States
Dave
I think Jesus might say something like this:

You hypocrite, first take the blog out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Dave :}
3/12/2013 5:50:22 AM
jeff weddle United States
jeff weddle
You forgot the comment from the guy who lets you know this passage isn't in the "best manuscripts" so we can disregard it, because, according to most modern translations, it isn't in the "best manuscripts." There is always a Christian to make this point on this passage, thought I'd be him for you. I got your back.
3/12/2013 6:58:04 AM
Shannon United States
Shannon
Awesome as usual Brant.  Your comments were especially great because they are so true of our responses to God so frequently.  Love the comic relief of the work from home ad.
3/12/2013 8:22:24 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I love this Smile I know Brant, you made up those comments, right? I love the last "comment" That is me (also, I use the name "horsegirl" in my email, and passwords!!) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how Jesus can save us all.
3/12/2013 10:54:23 AM
Erin United States
Erin
What's so great/convicting about this is that I can see so many of those comments in myself. So many thoughts of "yeah, but if you show grace, they'll just take advantage of it"

But it's like what you/Paul of Tarsus said. It's like I know that the law doesn't work for me and that only grace can save me, but I think that the law should work for everyone else. I know I can't pick myself up by the bootstraps and do better, but everyone else should be able to.

Thanks for sharing this!

- Erin @ Rediscovered Blog
3/12/2013 1:45:11 PM
brant h United States
brant h
Wow.  Just looked at all the typos in my previous REAL comment.

Sheesh.  Indecipherable.

THANK YOU for the feedback on this.  The honesty is encouraging.
3/12/2013 2:06:45 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I really enjoyed this.  Thank you Smile
3/12/2013 2:11:43 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Capital Kings - We Belong As One. (feat. tobyMac)

I went to a lecture about the book, "Becoming One"  by Ed Rodgers and Jack Jacobs relating to Ephesians 2.  Is offensiveness/being offended going to reach Jesus' dream of family reconcilation?  I am totally in love with Jesus and would love to see His dream come true.

"Jesus answered, Even if I do testify on My own behalf, My testimony is true and reliable and valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.  You [set yourselves up to] judge according to the flesh (by what you see). [You condemn by external, human standards.] I do not [set Myself up to] judge or condemn or sentence anyone.  Yet even if I do judge, My judgment is true [My decision is right]; for I am not alone [in making it], but [there are two of Us] I and the Father, Who sent Me.  In your [own] Law it is written that the testimony (evidence) of two persons is reliable and valid.  I am One [of the Two] bearing testimony concerning Myself; and My Father, Who sent Me, He also testifies about Me."  John 8:14-18 (Amp)

I am sure glad Jesus is my legal counsel.  I also know that Jesus will know whether or not we tried to reach out to the people He told us to reach out to first and they value the law?
3/12/2013 2:23:10 PM
Scott A Tharpe United States
Scott A Tharpe
Thank you Jesus for forgiving me, for showing me the same grace you showed this woman. I accepted you into my heart and you sad welcome I forgive and go and sin no more. But I have to many time to mention but when Inrerurn and humble myself before you, you again show me that grace of forgiveness. Thank you
3/12/2013 3:14:43 PM
Rich S. - AZ United States
Rich S. - AZ
Brandt... lights out!! That was completely awesome.

Maybe one of the blog responses should have been a Snopes reference saying the situation with the woman was false and only an urban legend.

Keep it up!
3/12/2013 3:32:43 PM
Corey H United States
Corey H
Great job!

Very good read and like others; I liked the spam post.

Question though... If Jesus is bogging this when the event happened (ie. He is alive)... Then how could Paul of Tarsus reference his crucifixion? ;)

Love the show and love you Brant!
3/12/2013 3:39:36 PM
Christina Ghosn United States
Christina Ghosn
WOW, looks like so many people here don't understand God's grace. You see, it is US who are not supposed to take His grace lightly. God gives His grace freely, but it's HOW we use it. Grace is power, and if Jesus allowed her to be forgiven right there, then let it be... However, i think that what Jesus did right there was more for the accusers to learn something rather than the woman who was caught in sin. I think Jesus was teaching them that we all sin... but maybe they felt good because they had found someone committing a crime.  but I think the lesson Jesus was trying to teach was that we all sin and we should not judge each other but let God be the judge.
3/12/2013 3:58:02 PM
Sassylady United States
Sassylady
This article is great. Really makes you think. I reposted it on Twitter. Would it be alright if I put it on my blog? I don't need the law, I need Jesus. Only He is the Son of God. Only He can set me free and save my sould.
3/12/2013 4:18:45 PM
RoughCollieGirl United States
RoughCollieGirl
Love it!! Paul of Tarsus and horsegurl were my favorite responses. i have been learning Grace, and learning about how the Grace of God through Jesus leads me to even greater Trust, which in turn leads me to greater Faith. i truly do love him because he first loved me! it is wonderful! those who have not experienced the Grace of God through Jesus are still living in great darkness of spirit, even if they call themselves 'Christian'. it truly is sad to come to know a 'religious Christian'.
3/12/2013 6:12:49 PM
Autumn United States
Autumn
People, you can't say that stuff. Jesus forgave her of her sins and ignored them. Her life was changed. But say you were her and she was alive. Then imagine that you knew that everybody was talkin about you and you were a changed person. You stop right now.

I'm not an adulteress (I'm not even out of my parents house yet), but I know what's it like to be accused and made in of and gossiped about. Stop it.

~Sincerly, a person against hating.
3/12/2013 6:15:22 PM
DawnABahai United States
DawnABahai
We are not to judge her. If she sins no more God is truly in her heart! If she does the message hasn't gotten through. She will get the message when SHE needs it!
3/12/2013 6:44:15 PM
salguod United States
salguod
I have to say I'm disappointed. I followed that link to the work from home thing and it was broken.  I mean, I could really use some big bucks.
3/12/2013 9:07:00 PM
John U.A.E.
John
I work at a Christian organization in a majority Muslim nation. Let me put this in the words of a non-christian colleague of mine.

"You Christians have it easy. We Muslims will be judged for the sins we commit, and the Hindus apparently have karma; come Sunday however and the Christian hard disk is de-fragmented for the inevitable re-writing of bad data, a patterns repeated week after week. Some of you seem to be motivated to stay on course, but that is only a laughable minority. The sermons on sanctification abound, but no one behaves like they are."

I tried xplaining that Paul had admonished his reader of this very thing, that grace is not license to sin, but I cant shake off the feeling that he is right on many levels. IMHO, Western Christianity (Im brown and from the East) has focused too much on the grace of God as opposed to the part that he is a hold God, not realizing that we are speaking in an alien language to the global psyche.
3/12/2013 9:37:10 PM
LW United States
LW
This was entertaining, insightful, saddening, and then touching at the last comment.

Thanks for sharing.
3/12/2013 10:06:58 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Manafest Glory  http://youtu.be/dszMHBoTJW0

For vexation and rage kill the foolish man; jealousy and indignation slay the simple.
Job 5:2
When [His] scourge slays suddenly, He mocks at the calamity and trial of the innocent.  Job 9:23

(I do it because, though He slay me, yet will I wait for and trust Him and] behold, He will slay me; I have no hope—nevertheless, I will maintain and argue my ways before Him and even to His face.  Job 13:15

Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favor and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation).  Ephesians 2:5

Indeed, past the war inside to the afterlife with beloved Jesus, where we will live in the house of the Lord forever.

The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
3/13/2013 2:22:59 AM
shiana United States
shiana
you did awesome... i felt like i was really reading jesus's blog...lol the comments are exactly how people today would respond to that but i would have been right there with jesus.
3/13/2013 10:31:46 AM
Catherine United States
Catherine
Some "Christians" seem to have forgotten that the judging of peoples' sins is God's job, not theirs. If we pass judgment on a person's spirtual status,which only God knows, then we are guilty of the sin of arrogance and setting ourselves up as gods. That adulterous woman lying in the dust at the edge of death waiting for the cutting stones to fall, heard Jesus's voice, looked into Jesus's eyes, and when He said "go and sin no more", you can be assured her behavior and her life changed for the better from that moment on. We may be able to pass judgment on jay-walkers and car thieves and the breakers of men's laws, but the rest is too intricate and belongs to God.
3/13/2013 11:31:55 AM
Nate United States
Nate
John- I often wonder what the Muslim/non-Christian world would think if there was a holistic picture of the message of the Gospels on display for them.  Isn't the impression among them that "in Christianity, God just sorta forgives sins and all, isn't that nice?"

Because that's the picture in much of Western Christianity.  The alternative, by the way, is not to simply add the oft-heard "yeah but we're supposed to be holy too" which is a common reaction to stories like the woman caught in adultery. The resulting "get saved, be good" spirituality is a caricature of the faith.

The holistic message of the Gospels is that Jesus is the Messianic King promised in the OT, that he announced a new socio-political order among the poor and rejected, liberating them from the boot of evil rulers. The authority he exercised was Kingly, it was Creational.   Including the authority to forgive sins.  It's in this context that forgiveness takes place.  With the woman caught in adultery, look at how he took authority over the carrying out of the Law. Who can do that? The King.  His compassion on this woman was an exercising of that authority and social order. When all you have is a disembodied "forgiveness for sins" then naturally there's not much incentive to do anything differently. But when an executed Liberator rises from the dead in defiance of evil rulers and there aggrandizing power schemes, and introduces a New Creation in which death is puff of smoke, and all the weapons of the evil ones lose their edge....well, then what's left BUT holiness and rejoicing?

Let that one loose in the Muslim world and see how much criticism of Christianity is left available to people who want to emphasize sanctification.
3/13/2013 11:40:10 AM
Karen United States
Karen
“The Lord appeared to me in a faraway place and said,“I love you with an everlasting love. So I will continue to show you my kindness.” Jer. 31
www.biblegateway.com/.../

I hear it being said "How deep is your love?" and that is part of what broke my heart.  They can hear God's love calling them but aren't seeking Him for it, especially when they’ve been called to walk across water to Him.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBVbwBT1kWg

-on a long walk with Jesus, your love bank can be overspent if you don't follow Jesus' example of getting alone with the Holy Spirit.  If someone looks horizontally for Jesus' living water (God class love) instead of to Jehovah Elohim Himself, it will never completely satisfy, it will always leave someone thirsty.  Isn't that what He told the woman at the well?

“Amazed”  http://youtu.be/dMYReIv1ax4
Ephesians 3:17 “Then Christ will live in you through faith. I also pray that love may be the ground into which you sink your roots and on which you have your foundation. 18 This way, with all of God’s people you will be able to understand how wide, long, high, and deep his love is. 19 You will know Christ’s love, which goes far beyond any knowledge. I am praying this so that you may be completely filled with God.”   www.biblegateway.com/.../

“ . . . I am God, not a human. I am the Holy One among you, and I will not come to you in anger . . . ”  Hosea 11:9 www.biblegateway.com/.../

“Scripture says, “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:16   www.biblegateway.com/.../

“Do you love Me?”   www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2021:15-17&version=GW

“Adonay, it’s always been you . . . “   http://youtu.be/cEs3pMFKzgI
3/13/2013 11:55:24 AM
Zane Sonic United States
Zane Sonic
What's funny that 'IWORKATHOME' has a fake website. Did he delete it? And my dad works @ home so yeah.
3/13/2013 4:41:28 PM
Edward im 11 years old United States
Edward im 11 years old
he lives how i know that he clear me form any sin and diseases i had and he also brought back a man from the dead after 9 hours 30 min after he kills pasters but his prayer from his mom Jesus awesome in power great in mercy brought him back to tell his story and warn people of the devil and how he work. amen
3/13/2013 7:00:15 PM
A&C United States
A&C
I've always struggled with this.  I am always being that guy who is taking a stand against something.  Reading this post, I thought - why do I take a stand anyway?  It's really not my opinion that matters, so why do I feel like I have to take a stand?  I'll just openly experience the world, and then God will nudge me in the right direction (rather than me deciding what direction I am going in).
3/13/2013 8:07:34 PM
Josephsiar United States
Josephsiar
Whoa!!!! Wait a minute. You guys have this all wrong. Who is anyone to question our savior, our God for about anything. You guys need to step down from your "holyier than thou" pedals tools and remove your Pharisee goggles. All sin is sin, there is no sin barometer. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus is not condoning the adulteress actions he is condemning the judge mental so called God followers. No one, and I mean not one of us has the power nor the stance to judge anyone's actions. Is it ok to stand against sin? Of course! I don't condone it, but I am still a sinner. So what if I can stand here and say I don't this sin or that sin. Does that make me clean by my own standards? No we are washed away by the blood of one, Jesus!
3/13/2013 8:09:08 PM
Josephsiar United States
Josephsiar
Cookingwithsiar.blogspot.com

Check it out!
3/14/2013 9:43:27 AM
Shawn United States
Shawn
Brilliant !!!!!!
3/14/2013 11:04:12 AM
Karen United States
Karen
I confessed, as someone who has personally battled what the Bible calls double mindedness to an extreme that boggles the mind . . . please consider the attached article "Hyper-Grace Horror Stories"
www.charismanews.com/.../38394-hyper-grace-horror-stories

I am so humbled and overwhelmed by how Yeshua/Jesus has pursued me because I know I don't deserve it.  His every word has me hanging on the edge of my seat-

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John+3&version=NIV

It has helped me to study the end prophesies that specifically describe what will finally call God to wrap this up-

"Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction."  2 Thessalonians 2:2-4

That makes me think "I don't want to be a man of lawlessness!" because "I want to live in the House of the Lord forever".

Jesus is so good to me though, I know it's no coincidence that my bible reading today was Joel 2.
www.biblegateway.com/.../

“We, however, are citizens of heaven.”
www.biblegateway.com/.../

“Leaving Eden”  http://youtu.be/vOgsvZa68Rk
3/14/2013 11:26:57 AM
Karen United States
Karen
Sorry that the above links didn't hyperlink to the actual passage I was referencing (might need to copy and paste to get the real passage).  Although, if "whosoever" hears the real message of love, it was worth it all. God Bless You Richly!
3/16/2013 10:29:10 PM
Janell United States
Janell
Hi Brant! I've been struggling with the concept of grace. I was hoping to click on your blog and find some kind of something written about it (here it is! Praise Jesus!) I struggle with doing what I am supposed to do and sometimes when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do, I don't feel like I love Jesus very much. If that's the case, then what's the point? Or is it a matter of getting over how you feel and just trusting and obeying? Do you have any ideas on what the balance is? How do you love Jesus and abide without performing? If I'm not able to fully grasp what grace is, how do I get there? I would like to understand it better than I do now (very little I feel). Is there anything that has helped you in your walk? You seem like you get it. Could you share what you think please?
3/17/2013 6:16:57 AM
Karen United States
Karen
"Migdal Oz" from Judges 9:51: "a strong tower"
Kutless

Temptations and Truth

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%206:10-20&version=GW
3/20/2013 6:08:07 AM
Kristina Overtoom United States
Kristina Overtoom
I especially love the grammar and spelling errors in the comments
3/25/2013 2:42:41 PM
Bailey United States
Bailey
come on you guys! what's wrong with you? Jesus isn't saying that sexual immorality is okay! he's pointing out that what that lady needed is forgiveness! she probably didn't say to herself, im going to go and be immoral today, she probably didn't plan anything. and while what she did is wrong, people need to learn to forgive. I personally am trying to learn to forgive. as a kid I was bullied because I wasn't cool enough. and because I was homeschooled. and at the time life sucked. my friends bailed on me and I would sit alone in my room and cry. but then I found a youth group where I met my now best friend. I finally felt like I belong but it took a long time for me to learn to forgive my friends that turned their back and while what they did was wrong they needed to be forgiven and I think that is what Jesus was getting at.
3/25/2013 10:21:32 PM
Joe United States
Joe
This was from Christ.  Thanks Brant.

From a lady caught in adultery.  Then to my shame and horror becoming a Pharisee myself...to once again being the lady caught in adultery.  I need a lot of grace.
3/26/2013 5:58:03 PM
David United States
David
Great theme song for this post:  http://goo.gl/cJD75
3/27/2013 8:19:49 PM
Julie United States
Julie
I'm afraid I'm going to have to switch blogs. You've gone too far.
3/29/2013 6:51:10 AM
gods girl United States
gods girl
Wow people. You missed this point entirely. God forgave her of her sins. Just like he does for you. Are you so good that you don't feel she deserves it. I'm sure there are a lot of you doing right now what she did. Are you being stoned at this moment. I think you need to thank Jesus instead of complain. Or condemn.  I for 1 am very glad he did what he did. Happy Easter Smile
3/31/2013 5:30:21 PM
Julie United States
Julie
So...you realize my comment was a joke.
4/1/2013 12:49:15 PM
K United States
K
I've been meditating on God/Ruach Yahweh/El Roi's wisdom in relation to this discussion in an Isaiah 11:1-2 teaching about Aleph-Tahv (Sun/Branch/Alpha-Omega/Yeshua/Light of The World) reigning over, supporting and surrounded by the spirits of Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Might, Knowledge and the Fear of the Lord.

"Not by force, and not by power, but by my Spirit,’ says Adonai-Tzva’ot" Zech 4
www.biblegateway.com/.../

(BTW, it seamed that Eph. 4 and Rev. 2 correlate- hine ma tov - infinity Ayin Shalom Shalom or  . . . humbly considering the 2014 sun and blood moons/eclipse signs)

"-also, if you belong to the Messiah, you are seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise."
www.biblegateway.com/.../

"Miracle of Israel", narrated by Leonard Nemoy
4/1/2013 2:55:29 PM
K United States
K
“On the heights along the road, where the paths meet, -“
infinity with Yeshua Ha’Mashiach  Prov. only

Lev. 16 and the Seder (no levin/pride so Angel of Death will Passover) because I am clothed in Yeshua’s robes of Righteousness dipped  ...    (Revelation)
“As I watched, thrones were set in place;
and the Ancient One took his seat.
His clothing was white as snow, the hair on his head was like pure wool.
His throne was fiery flames,
with wheels of burning fire.
A stream of fire flowed from his presence;
thousands and thousands ministered to him, millions and millions stood before him.
Then the court was convened, and the books were opened.”  Daniel 7 (CJB)
4/4/2013 12:38:37 PM
Amaris United States
Amaris
yall guys are so smart that i am not going to say anything.
5/7/2013 2:01:10 PM
Cindi United States
Cindi
Thank you God...Thank you Brant!
5/7/2013 3:34:26 PM
George India
George
I read this post long back and i didnt even realise that those comments were part of the blog post. Its just awesome...

And Air 1 rocks.