Dec 17 2012
An Ultimate Question: Will God Protect My Kids?

Brant, my dog growled last night and I thought of this question and decided I'd ask you.. My husband travels a lot (like 2 weeks a month) and so I am home alone with my two babies, my dog, and my two cats, and all the scary noises and shadows that make you wonder how safe you really are.. I normally follow my dog's lead when I get worried as his hearing is better and he is very protective of us.. I read a prayer book to my babies at night (just a collection of prayers) and a couple of them contain "Protect my family", "watch over us", etc.. but here's my hiccup.. God lets bad things (horrible things) happen to good people.. to HIS people.. People are raped and murdered every day so how is trusting God to keep us safe supposed to happen?? Yeah, Daniel may have walked through a den of lions unscathed, but I'd be willing to bet Stephen felt every stone that was thrown at him.. So how do we sleep at night knowing the world is full of evil and that sometimes (a lot of times) that evil hurts good people?? Just wondering what your thoughts are on this topic..

Amy

-----

Amy,

Okay, here are my thoughts, such as they are. And I hope you don't mind the picture up there. I have no idea who that is. I just like putting pictures next to blog entries. Thank you. But back to the question, and I think a LOT of people are asking it, even if not out loud.

As a dad, I think the answer to this is scary. And this may not be true for you, it may not be exactly YOUR inner conversation, but the conversation can go something like this:

Honest question: If I am a good Christian, and have faith and stuff, will God protect my children?

Honest answer: He might. Or He might not.

Honest follow-up question: So what good is He?

------

I think the answer is that He’s still good. But our safety, and the safety of our kids isn’t part of the deal. This is incredibly hard to accept on the American evangelical church scene, because we love families, and we love loving families, and we associate Godliness, itself, with cherishing family beyond any other earthly thing.

That someone would even challenge this bond, the primacy of the family bond, is offensive. And yet...

Jesus did it. And it was even MORE offensive, then, in a culture that wasn’t nearly so individualistic as ours. Everything was based on family: Your reputation, your status -- everything. And yet He challenges the idea my attachment to family is so important, so noble, that it is synonymous with our love for Him.

Which leads to some other spare thoughts...

We can make idols out of our families.

Again, in a “Focus on the Family” subculture, it’s hard to imagine how this could be. Families are good.

But idols aren’t made of bad things. They used to be fashioned out of trees or stone, and those aren’t bad, either. Idols aren’t bad things, they’re good things, made Ultimate.

We make things Ultimate when we see the true God as a route to these things, or a guarantor of them. It sounds like heresy, but it’s not: The very safety of our family can become an idol.

God wants us to want Him for Him, not merely for what He can provide.

As wonderful as “mother love” is, we have to make sure it doesn’t become twisted.

And it can. It can become a be-all, end-all, the very focus of a woman’s existence. C.S. Lewis writes that it’s especially dangerous, because it seems so very, very righteous. Who can possibly challenge a mother’s love?

God can, and does, when it becomes an Ultimate. And it’s more likely to become a disordered Ultimate than many other things, simply because it does seem so very righteous. Lewis says this happens with patriotism, too.

Mother-love, even when disordered, and placed before a desire for God Himself, always looks perfectly justified. And that’s why it’s deadly.

Children are truly gifts from the Lord. And, still, God wants us to want Him for Him, not His gifts.

This is the whole point of “trust”.

We say “I trust Jesus”, or “Trust in the Lord, and...” and all that stuff. But here’s where the words actually mean something.

What if... the worst happens? Do you still trust Him? Do you believe it’s really the end of the story, if it does happen? Isn’t that the point of trust, itself, is that you’re stepping into mystery?

Job is the classic example. He had no idea what was going on, and he was left with only one thing: His trust in God, Himself. He did not know the big picture, and yet he believed... there has to be a picture, here, and it’s one that I can’t see. As we know from the story, he was right. There was a backstory, he just didn’t know what it was.

Do we really believe that God is good, and will ultimately set things right? The real “trust” comes, I’m afraid, when what we think is “right” in our present reality doesn’t happen.

------

Not long ago, my wife and I visited the mom and dad of a little girl who was the victim of an unspeakably horrible crime. A relative was in their home for Thanksgiving, and went on a shooting spree, concluding with deliberately taking the girl’s life while she slept in her bed.

We sat in the little girl’s room, days after the shooting. The dad sat on her bed, and pulled down a beautiful, embroidered picture that was on the wall above it. He was crying, and pulled down the picture, and showed the back of it to us.

He still thinks God is good. Somehow.

“I feel like we’re only seeing this part right now, where it looks like chaos,” he said. “But someday we’ll see the front, where the stitches make more sense, and it will be beautiful. It doesn’t make sense, but I have to trust God.”

There are those who would say he’s naive, but I think this is the very essence of trust, and the whole point of it.

We see dimly now, and we know in part now, but we will someday see it all. This is trust.

And one last, radical thought:

By becoming a Christian, we say we are giving our lives to Christ. If that’s true -- if we’ve given our lives to Christ -- we’ve given it all. Everything.

And if that’s true, it includes -- and boy, is this tough to say, as a dad -- it includes our very children. They’re His.

So watch them sleep, and thank God for them, and know that they’re on loan. He loves them, more than you, even. And whatever happens, He’s got the big picture, we don’t.

That is trust.

Not sure if that helps... but those are some thoughts, for what they're worth...

Best,

Brant

8/9/2011 3:51:15 PM
Nate Samuels United States
Nate Samuels
Brant that is so well put I completely agree but I would like to ask another side of it as this...God does not give us more than we can handle so anything that does happen good or bad is it just a test of our faith and trust
8/9/2011 4:01:37 PM
melodie United States
melodie
Yes, God will protect our children if we are truly His and do not walk in unrepentant sin. We must also ask God to forgive our forefathers (in cases of generational curses)and apply the Blood of Jesus. "Blood for blood" everyday over our children. God has given us dominion and Jesus has given us His Blood (which has all power). We must bind the evil spirits and loose that which is in Heaven. Keep your faith!
8/9/2011 4:04:24 PM
melodie United States
melodie
In response to Nate S. - God does not test us and we give too much credit to the devil. We are drawn away (if even just in doubt) by our own flesh. We can, however, draw strength from Him.
8/9/2011 4:05:32 PM
Brant Hansen United States
Brant Hansen
Melodie -- I appreciate your point of view.  And yet I see followers of Jesus whose lives are anything but "protected", in any common sense of the term.  They die at the hands of persecutors.

This includes the disciples.

In fact, we can be confident that we are all, in fact, going to die, of something, and suffer trials and afflictions before we do.

And this is why things are a bit more mysterious than what we can see, I think.  We really do see through a glass darkly.
8/9/2011 4:16:25 PM
Brant Hansen United States
Brant Hansen
By the way, I love having this kind of conversation along with these awesome avatars.  Totally puts a different, and awesome, spin on things.
8/9/2011 4:26:15 PM
melodie United States
melodie
We experience affliction and trial because of where we live. True followers know their rewards are eternal. There's a much deeper teaching that even self acclaimed Christians are not aware of with regard to impacting Earth. The earth belongs to Him, but we are supposed to rule. This "system" has gotten out of control because we Christians haven't done what God has instructed us to do.
8/9/2011 5:14:18 PM
Chaz United States
Chaz
Totally agree with you, Brant, and would like to add that in the beginning we made a choice. That choice was to sin. Once sin entered the world God's plan of a perfect relationship with Him was shattered and any protection we had was lost. We have no promises in this world, not for tomorrow or even the next minute. What promises we do have from God is that our lives will be blessed in the eternal. When Christ returns and we are once again a purely spiritual being the promises from God will be fulfilled. Sin is separation from God, Christ is our bridge back, but sin has still tarnished this world.
8/9/2011 5:17:47 PM
dani United States
dani
THANK YOU BRANT!  I'm a mom and had long wondered the same as the inital questioner...but after Hurricane Katrina and the horrible cyclone/tsunami in Asia, I began to realize that God promises to protect us...OUR ETERNAL SOULS.  He doesnt promise to protect our physical bodies.  Then I read about a man whose persecutors threatned to kill his son if he didnt deny Christ...he didnt and they did...in a horrible way.  The man told his son, as he was being killed, that he loved him and would see him again with Jesus.  Why would God protect Western families but not Asian, Eastern Bloc or African families?  He doesnt.
8/9/2011 5:57:39 PM
Shandra Canada
Shandra
I know of two families that have lost children recently. One of the families are not Christians. They are still noticeably suffering because they don't have the peace of knowing that they will see their daughter again some day. One mom in my church just lost her son this year because of a stupid game that is popular to youth in our town. He was one of those people that could make you smile no matter how bad you were feeling.The family of this boy are grieving but they are also prefect examples of how we're supposed to grieve as Christians. Christ never promised us that we would have a cake walk through life after we became Christians. He promised us that we would have eternal rewards no matter what happened to us here on earth. Christ even said that we would be persecuted because we're His followers. He is right here beside us when things seem darkest but sometimes we can't do more for protection than to pray and even then the outcome may not always be what we want it to be. Remember it's all about glorifying God and remembering our lives and every blessing in them are gifts from God. Thank Him daily.
8/9/2011 6:10:39 PM
hilary United States
hilary
I guess my comment got deleted not sure why. But anyway I feel that God will protect us as long as we give everything to HIM.
8/9/2011 6:16:14 PM
Jamie United States
Jamie
This is perfect, probably the best answer to that question!
8/9/2011 6:50:59 PM
Alissa United States
Alissa
I used to believe that if I just trusted God enough, prayed enough--and with enough faith, if I just spoke the right words to Satan, that God would protect.  After my best friend's son was killed by an abuser, my belief changed.  People all over the world were praying that he would be raised.  I was even preparing to stock my friend's kitchen with her son's favorite food for when he got back from the hospital.  I told God, "This generation needs a miracle!"  But really, this generation needs faith in God NO MATTER WHAT. Your answer to this question confirms what God's been teaching me through this tragedy.  He is good because He's God, not because of what He gives us.  He's already given us everything!
8/9/2011 6:54:54 PM
Susan United States
Susan
I have the same problem. We have a gun for an actual emergency, however, it is ultimately God that I trust. When you get scared... ask him to help you and then tell Him (or yourself) you trust Him and ultimately, guess what, you do! That always calms me! ;)

8/9/2011 8:10:28 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
Brant-

Thank you for sharing your story. There is so much truth in what that father saw in that embroidered picture.

My three year old nephew was revived after drowning two years ago. I remember questioning my faith, questioning God. But he is loving and faithful, he knows that we will stumble, and he has great mercy for us when we do.

Even today, I can look back on the events of that day, and the days following, and I always find God there. He was there the day my nephew jumped into the neighbors' pool. He was there when his big brother went searching for him and found him at the bottom of the pool. He was there giving my oldest nephew strength and courage to dive in and pull his brother up and out and then run for help. He was there as the paramedics fought for life. He was there when we got a pulse.

The doctor's said that my nephew would never survive, but he did. He is now five years old. He suffered significant brain damage but he is a fighter. We never stopped believing that no matter what happened, we would see God in it and we have. God has been with us EVERY step of the way.

This tragedy has given us compassion for other families who have lost a child, or have a child with a severe disability. We try to offer love and support through listening to their story and sharing our own. We rejoice over the small victories and cry when we need to release a build up of sadness. We never try to preach, but instead, we pray for comfort, strength, encouragement, and hope.

This world is full of darkness. But we have to remember that we are not alone and that this place is not our home, we are only visitors here.

Thank you for sharing your story of hope!
Andrea
8/9/2011 8:20:41 PM
CHRISTINA United States
CHRISTINA
I pray for my girls, for their safety, their protection, for their future, and that they will be reflections of God's love.  I know God is in control of all things, my job as a mom is to teach my children about Him and to glorify Him in all situations.
8/10/2011 4:59:45 AM
Mary Ellen United States
Mary Ellen
It's true that bad things do sometimes happen to good people, but I don't believe that God wants us to see ourselves as helpless victims who are unable to participate in our own protection.  As Christians we can meditate on the truth that "the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead, dwells  in us..." (Romans 8:11).  Most of us see God as being in heaven and us here on earth, and subject to whatever the world throws at us.  I have found that the more I study and meditate on the truth that he lives IN me, not just above me, it has helped me to realize that I can help to "enforce" my protection.  He also has shown me that His Word is a weapon against the darkness that's in this world. (Psalm 91:4); that it's alive and powerful (Hebrews 4:12); that it's a light that confounds darkness (John 1:5), and that when His word is spoken out, angels respond to it (Psalm 103:20).  He's also given us the name of Jesus that carries power that we haven't realized and taken advantage of.  The name of Jesus isn't just something we end a prayer with.  It's a name that pushes back darkness.  If we could see how the enemy reacts to that name, we would use it much more often and with more authority.  Repeating that name can actually push fear (which is a spirit; 2 Timothy 1:7), away from us.  I have experienced this repeatedly when I, or someone I was with, was gripped with fear.  I realize this is a deep subject and can't be fully discussed in just a few sentences, but I just wanted to stimulate some thoughts on our ability to defend ourselves through HIM and the power of His word.
8/10/2011 1:17:34 PM
Jake United States
Jake
Thank you Brant!  You continue to impress as a man of God, and I'm grateful that you were welcomed into the Air 1 family.

As a young guy, engaged but not yet married with no kids of my own, perhaps my point of view is a bit different.  I see the stories of the apostles being martyred, not to mention tens of thousands of Christians since then.  These things happened, and God let them happen so as not to encroach on people's free will.  I lost my Godmother to Cancer a few years ago.  She was easily the holiest woman I've ever had the grace to know, and she prayed for healing.  At all times though, it was never about trust that God would heal her.  Her prayer was always that His will be done, and that her life would glorify God.

On the other side, we read stories of unexplained miracles in our own time.  For instance, the 8 people who survived the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima mere blocks from the initial explosion.  They were Catholic missionaries praying their daily rosary when the bomb hit.  Every building for miles all around them was destroyed as hundreds of thousands of people died almost instantly.

We pray for protection, knowing that God can grant it, and trusting in His most perfect will, we acknowledge that He may not.

Peace in Christ,

Jake
8/10/2011 4:54:53 PM
Alicia Germany
Alicia
Thank you, Brant, for sharing your thoughts on this difficult topic! I can't help but think about Abraham. God promised to make him the father of many nations and then gave him and his wife a son in their old age. And then...God told Abraham to kill that son, Isaac, in a sacrifice to God. It would have been very easy for Abraham to say, "Wait a minute, God promises to give me a huge family, blesses me with a son when my wife and I didn't think it was possible to have children anymore, and now I'm supposed to take the life of that son? Forget it!" If Abraham thought that, his faith and trust in God took over and he made that journey up the mountain anyway. As he lifted the knife to slay Isaac, God stopped him. He needed to know that Abraham completely trusted Him with all his being. Or perhaps, maybe God knew Abraham needed to see how God provides when we trust Him with all we have and are ready to give EVERYTHING, if necessary, to glorify Him and to allow Him to be glorified in our lives.
8/10/2011 6:07:57 PM
Mark H. United States
Mark H.
If you dwell on the evil that might be lurking to harm you and your family, you are in essence letting the Devil control you.  It is hard to not lose sleep over such things.  I decided long ago that no matter the situation, God is in control.  Bad things do happen to good people, but that doesn't mean God is any less loving or in control.  Our family is one of adoption and we have 3 children ranging in age from 20 to 5.  Maybe adoption gives us a little different perspective than biological children, but our children are not our own -- they are God's.  We are blessed by being given them for a brief while to care for.  Hope this helps.

8/10/2011 10:08:31 PM
Megan T United States
Megan T
I am so glad that someone finally posted something on this subject, Brant! Thank you so much for giving your input. This has been on my mind for such a long period of time. It really is amazing how He can lead you to something or have the right person cross paths with you at the right moment just to get a point across. It really is easy to lose sleep thinking about God allowing harm to come to a child. My daughter is 2 years old and for weeks now, I've been thinking of her safety once she's reached high school. It drove me crazy thinking of all the horrible scenarios that could happen to her throughout her whole life.

As a newly rededicated Christian, this brings a whole new meaning to the word "faith." God has always provided for me and my daughter, He's never once failed to amaze me with His generosity. Once I rededicated my life I was secure in my decision to trust Him to take care of us no matter what.

I firmly believe in the statement "He'll never give you too much to handle." Knowing that bad things do happen to good people almost makes me want to lose faith in Him and ask the never dying question of "why did this happen?" Why do faithful servants of God seem to suffer most in this world? But I just keep telling myself, it'll all be okay in the end. Once He comes back and takes His people home, that's when it will be worth it. Worth all the turmoil and hardship you endure on Earth.

It took me awhile to finally get a grasp on real faith and anytime I feel myself loosening the grip, I just have to remind myself: He will reward you for your faith. and I know he loves me and my family more than anything. He gave me the best gift ever. Her name is Evelyn and I will protect her until the day I die.
8/11/2011 10:21:21 AM
Valrie United States
Valrie
Hi Brant and Amy,
My name is Valrie, and I am the mother to 2 beautiful children, who have Autism. I was so mad when God blessed me with special needs kids.  I was like "You know I'm not strong enough for this Lord."  and the devil really tempted me with thoughts of "God doesn't see me" or "I've fallen too far and am no longer under His grace." but mostly "How could God do this to me?"  And I was seriously contemplating my faith when I was told by 2 different churches "Don't bring your kids".  It actually made me stronger though because though I was angry and hurt, and as of today have not found a church home, because I'm afraid to open up to another group of people to be rejected by, it was a blessing.  I just kept thinking "My children are always welcomed in my Father's house."  And I was dead serious.  Then I remember the old temple set up where the females had an outside court.  Which kinda irritated me to, being raised by a feminist and having NO good male role models.  Anyways... get to what I learned LOL.

God allows us to endure the fires of persecution, heart break, and yes even sick, harmed, and killed children, because someone, somewhere be it immediate or so far in the future it's heaven, needed it to get them on the track to God.  God can use what the devil means for evil, and turn it to a blessing.  My children are a blessing.  I don't have to worry about them joining gangs, teenage pregnancy (I hope), or getting in knife fights.  I have a cousin who's son was in a knife fight at 7.  I worry what will happen to them if they outlive me, or I become so disabled I can't care for them, but right now, they are okay.  They're typically happy kids and sweet natured individuals, that the world can't twist quite so easily.  And I've learned to appreciate small victories, and not to take the world too seriously, it's temporary.

Nothing happens in God's world without His consent.  And He uses EVERYTHING to benefit those who love Him.  Sometimes ya just don't see the blessing til well far off.  Sometimes you never see it.  When I think a bout lil kids dying,  I think "They didn't have to endure this cruel dark place very long."  When a child is raped is when I have a harder time dealing.  Although I have seen that it does make people stronger, and yearn more for righteousness later on.

I hope this comforts you some.

Your sister in Jesus,

Valrie
8/11/2011 11:01:27 AM
Sue United States
Sue
Awesome.  Well said.
8/11/2011 2:29:54 PM
Katrina United States
Katrina
When my first child was born he had a brain hemorrhage that no one expected.  We were not prepared and went through the typical, "Why would God allow this" type stuff.  Finally, as we prayed over our baby boy hooked up to all kinds of machines, my husband and I heard God ask us both, "Do you love me because of what I can do for you, or for what I did for you on the cross?"  In other words, did we trust Him that He had the absolute best plan for our son in mind, even if that was taking him from us.  So we chose to trust Him and let our son go, no matter what God decided to do.  Thank goodness, our son was healed and is a perfectly normal 9 yr old now, but that was a turning point for my husband and me.  I know now that whatever happens in my life and my children's lives, God has it all under control even if it isn't easy.  I trust Him because He is a good God, not because serving Him keeps bad things from happening.  That is sooo freeing!
8/12/2011 9:14:23 AM
Ruth United States
Ruth
I think Laura Story's song Blessings sums this up well:

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

(Chorus)
'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know the pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home

** What if my greatest disappointments
   Or the aching of this life
   Is the revealing of a greater thirst this
   world can't satisfy
   What if trials of this life
   The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
   Are your mercies in disguise **
8/22/2011 6:37:52 PM
Kandi United States
Kandi
I HAVE to say something, GOD IS GOOD. He does not "let" things happen to his people, he gives us choices. We always think our actions will only affect us but this is not true. They affect everyone around us, its up to us to think about our actions and the consequences. And another is this:
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7. You have to believe it, because it's true Smile
8/23/2011 9:39:45 AM
Mary Ellen United States
Mary Ellen
I strongly agree with Kandi's comment from the standpoint that the ultimate choice we can make is to meditate on scriptures that reveal God's heart to protect us... such as Psalm 91. When we soak our minds and hearts with that on a daily basis, and speak it outloud over us and our families daily, then our faith in that truth grows, and His Word, which is alive and powerful (Heb 4:12), is working on our behalf.  I especially love verse 4 of Psalm 91 which says "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will take refuge; His truth will be your shield and your buckler."  He actually HAS given us something to protect ourselves with!
9/8/2011 3:16:44 PM
Trish Christian United States
Trish Christian
Brant,
thank you so very much for this post! I have a story to tell. Unfortunately, I can very  much relate to this article. I lost my daughter in a car accident not even a year ago. She was 15 years old. I have always been a christian, I've always served God w/o waiver. I have prayed protection over my two daughters since the day they were born. I plead the blood of Jesus over them every day and every night. When we received the phone call that our youngest daughter was involved in a car accident and was flown to the hospital by Life Flight...I thought NO!! There has to be a mistake. Sadly, when we arrived at the hospital there was no mistake. My little girl wasn't revived. I have struggled asking God WHY!!! Didn't you hear my prayers? Don't you know how much I love my children? Did you make a mistake God? Maybe you didn't realize how badly I would grieve over losing my baby! Maybe you didn't realize you were putting more on me than I could bear! After reading your article, I have to tell you that you have hit it spot on! Sometimes we think we know what it is to trust in God, to place all our trust in him and give him our all. I thought all these years I really trusted him but after losing my daughter I can now look back and say I never really knew what it meant to put my trust in him! I can now say I DO fully trust in God! I've had to learn he knows better than I and that there's got to be a bigger picture, I just cannot see it right now. One day when I join my precious little one it will all make sense! But honestly when I do get to heaven then none of that is going to matter anymore! When you said something about a mother idolizing their children. I have to admit I was that mom! One night as I was praying that God would let me die so I could go be with my daughter, he revealed to me that my desire should be to see Jesus first! Our God is a very jealous God and I believe that he expects us to put him first; even before we do our children! So my desire is to see my Lord and Savior first and then to see my little girl again! I finally have my priorities right! I am happy to report my little girl was ready! Just that very morning of the day of the accident she had gone down to the altar when our pastor made an altar call that was titled "Are You All In For Christ"? She made the statement she was all in! God gave us that 110% assurance that she is in heaven! God is good regardless of what comes our way! He is able to sustain us! We must learn to put ALL our trust in him! Thank you for letting me share my story!   Love Always from a hurting Mom.
9/8/2011 8:55:33 PM
Jana Rugg United States
Jana Rugg
Trish, I am amazed at your strength and your faith.  May God continue to bless and heal your family.
10/6/2011 3:58:59 PM
elizabeth United States
elizabeth
I was born i a car accident my mother had her knee ripped off and i was born 3 months early with brain damage and a broken heart i would die several times a day my parents lost everything , but im still here and we have a home and were ok. I now have a 2 year old and i was beat by my husband and i was raped but i still give God glory from where ive been what ive come from who i am ect. God doesnt test us he teaches us. If we didnt have any trouble in this life i dont think any of us would "need God" or find any kind of love towards him. are we forgetting its not all about us? Who died  on a cross for us so that we would live forever and be forgiven for our sins even the murderers and rapests can go to heaven if they are forgiven, Jesus God loves all of us not the things we do but he came so wed have life more abundantly. Mothers have a protecting urge in side of them, and of course i do too i pray for my son, but i only pray Gods will. Marry sufferd Jesus's death she endured the bruttelness of his trial, he was beaten, his flesh was ripped off of him he was mocked and he was crusified. this life on earth is not meant to be loved, were meant to be with Jesus in heaven he made a sacrifice here on earth for us so we can live with him in glory. Job was tested by the devil, God gave the devil permission to test. God says we are not saved by being "a good person".NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost” (Titus 3:5)Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.”
A relationship with God requires faith in him in all things good or bad. i put my life in his hands 100% if he were to take the breath out of my son i would be heartbroken, but i know hes in a better place and i will see him again. God has a plan for everyone of us, weather we aprove or not.
2/28/2012 1:21:47 PM
Brandy Holowka United States
Brandy Holowka
Brant,

I just came across this today and as a mom of 4 I found your point of view and your words comforting, and okay a bit heart-breaking.  But I want to thank you for the time you took in responding to this mother's question knowing it's a question most, if not all, parents face.

I found the part you wrote..."No one can take anything, or anyone from His grip. They can take from ours, but not His." to be really, really beautiful.

I'll always pray for God to protect my kids from harm and pray that I'll never have to put into action an ultimate trust in God in this manner. But I know I'll never forget the perspective you shared in this letter.
3/25/2012 7:38:37 AM
Al United States
Al
Brant,

Thanks.  Your words have helped as I grapple with this question.  Mainly that my children are his.  I just found out my 8 year old son was raped by a teenager.  He is now 23 and has been struggling, but we didn't know why.  His nature is such that he kept this from us all these years.  I was dwvastated.  His struggles make sense to me now, but the pain is wretched.  We have lived lives, imperfect though they may be, dedicated to God.  Homeschool, etc.  this has been a terrible blow that challenged my beliefs to the core.  Two things you said.  Making family idols, and if I gave 'everything' to him, that included my children.  I must trust that God will bring my son to salvation and . victory over this because he loves him more than I.
4/2/2012 11:27:12 AM
deborah donker United States
deborah donker
I know your post is old but I had to comment. Excellent post! We walked through the death of our four-year-old daughter. Wouldn't wish the experience on anyone.  AND YET- I would not trade the relationship with God that we gained through her death for anything. We knew God as our Savior before she died.  Now we KNOW God. God is in control of all things. Whatever tool God deems best for us, that is the tool He will allow to be used. NOTHING will touch us that has not been approved by Him. But it is not our comfort or happily ever after life here on earth that is His goal- it is conformity to His Son, it is relationship with Him, it is drawing all people to Him. We'll have plenty of time in Heaven to have the happily ever after. This world is not our home.
4/10/2012 12:40:51 PM
Kristy United States
Kristy
preparing to leave for a 12 day trip...leaving our 4 children behind.  I have been struggling with a gripping fear...nearly paralyzing that something will happen to them.  But you have summed it up so incredibly well not only challenging me in the idea I might be holding my family up as an idol but even more that ..."No one can take anything, or anyone from His grip. They can take from ours, but not His."  Thank you. thank you.
5/16/2012 6:26:26 PM
Derek n AZ United States
Derek n AZ
I should be looking for a job, but God will provide my way. I fell on this accidently, and feel I have to answer.
1st, Melodie, we are not here to Rule this earth. Just like our finances are not ours to rule, nor even our possessions, or children are ours to rule. All this, every bit, as we have heard, belongs to one, its true owner, Jesus Christ our Lord. In the nature of God's true love for each of us, we are all tasked with "something" to MANAGE, not RULE. Ultimately, the ruler, the owner, will never change. As it all belongs to Him, if something the Owner sees is not managed correctly, it's His to TAKE, AND OR GIVE.
This leads into my response for Amy, and the rest who wish to read.
Amy, I too struggle with a recent challenge; an almost, inner conflict, with God. I'm now, regretfully, a single father of three wonderful children. I wish I could explain how much I care deeply for my three children, how much I love them. Somehow, I sense I don't have to, for it’s a similar feeling we all go through. I'm a single father because the mother, my soon-to-be ex-wife, one day up and left me, not returning home, and found herself a new home to settle in. This happened two years ago. My kids, now 2.5, 3.5, and 5 years old, really had no idea what happened. My youngest, than only 8 mo. old, didn't even know how to say Mommy yet, just Daddy. And for 3-4 months of the kids NOT seeing their mother, because she refused to talk with me, and out of my own anger, initiating any conversation with her was the last thing on my mind. When she finally seen kids after 3-4 months of not seeing them, the youngest would cry every time I tried to hand her to mom. She just didn’t know her, was a stranger to her. Has sense gotten to know her, loves seeing mom, but still prefers me to hold her over mom, more times than not. Needless to say, the kids have bonded very strongly with me. I believe she loves, and loved, her kids, our kids. She just had too much conflicting feelings putting up with me, because I wasn't the easiest to deal with, that she couldn't deal with me and the stress of being a mom, she left. She always struggled to accept who our Lord is, Jesus Christ. She struggled with prioritizing God in our lives in everything, sense the dawn of our relationship. Before we got married, she wasn't even a follower. Involved with drugs, sex, abuse, alcohol, and no Jesus; I came in the picture as the knight in shining armor, and basically rescued her from an abusive relationship. We fast jumped in to one of our own, and before you know it, she was living with me, we gotten married within 4 months of knowing each other, and all her drug relapse problems continued to conflict with her moral guidance, and myself. Dealing with the problems we had, we tried resolving them, in bed; "make-up sex". Months after one child born, we were back at it, fighting, or sex. That’s why all three are young, close together. Til, as I explained, she left. Told me by text one day she wasn’t coming home, nothing I was going to say would change her mind, but trusted the kids we're in a safe place, knowing she wasn't, didn't try fighting for them. That was Apr 2009. We started talking again around Aug-Sept 2009, but barely once a month. Finally, around Dec of 2009, she was seeing kids on a regular basis. God was working many miracles in my life during this time, including providing a home, helping move to another home, a new (used) car, and other sources, resources to help me care for kids. As the divorce was still pending, cause neither had money to file; there was no custody battle, no child support. She helped when she could; I agreed to meet up for her to see kids when I could. Mainly, they lived with me. I did all footwork getting on welfare, childcare assistance, and preschool center; even got the older two enrolled in a county funded Kindergarten Prep school program, that’s free, called head start. Dr appointments, dentist, all managed by me. Can get very stressful! But, they're my kids, and that’s what I'm tasked with. It's my duty; I got to do it all, right? That’s what my train of thought was. And as she tried trickling back into kid’s life, controlling when she can see them, I got defensive. How could you do this to me? To us, I would think. Who did this? Who walked out? Who wanted the divorce? Despite all the talk about divorce, and knowing she cheated on me few diff times before she finally left, Divorce is never what I wanted. I stayed true to her. True to God. Yet, months after she left, about 8 months later, she tells me she was pregnant again, no not mine. The new child belongs to an Illegal mexi, that she says she got drunk with one night. Anyway, trying to get to the close of my story. During this entire time, my negligence, my sin, I don't stay true to the law. I have a hard time holding onto financial responsibility, and I'm impatient on the road. I drive like I own the road, cause I don’t like waiting behind people, especially those who don’t seem to drive right (in my eyes), and I sometimes have no Auto Ins. My bad habits have created a legacy of unpaid tickets through local courts. And sometimes, a very unlucky day comes a long, I get pulled over. So far, nothing serious, besides huge fines to court, or couple hours in a jail cell till a family posts my bail. I get it all straightened up, only to lose the responsibility again months later, cause I can't afford it. Well, one morning, Sept 2011, I was driving with no insurance, suspended lic, pushing my luck, Kids in van; I approach a light to make left turn, with traffic unclear, I stop/yield to the oncoming traffic. When light turns yellow, and it appears all three oncoming lanes slowing down, I proceed to complete turn (if unfamiliar w AZ laws, we have free flow left turns, when light is yellow, some intersections). Apparently, one car refusing to stop plows into passenger side of my van. I freaked hysterically. Kids in van (toddlers, well secured in seats). I knew I didn’t have ins, and lic suspended. All hell was caving in on me. Bystanders ran to side of my van, I couldn't move, but told them to get kids out. They we're screaming, but all walked away. FD/ambulance shows and I get transported to Hospital. Kids got ride from social workers, met myself and my mom (or Nana) there. I struggled for weeks, months with the thought that Our loving God dare get my attn. (yes, I wasn't living a perfect life, I knew it. I wasn't being the nicest to my ex, I knew it), but how dare He get me attn. with the lives of my children. I lived with the struggling guilt that my stupidity could have taken, one or all, of my kids’ lives. Months following accident became a huge spiritual warfare inside of me.
I came out of it, because someone in my local church asked me... And AMY, if you’re still with me, I ask you... Whose kids are they REALLY? Honestly, think about it. Who is responsible for our kids to be on this earth? Moms who Carried? I'm sure my kid’s mom would like to think so. Amy, I'm sure you would think so. Fathers, who planted the sperms, and took care of their wife’s, and played drastic roles in raising the children? I definitely took the position for granted. I have many friends who agree how much a huge role father’s play. Or, is it God? The God who grants you you’re very next Breath? Or God capable of spinning the universe? Our God who cares so deeply to know us so intimately to count each hair on our head. Who knew our names before we had breath. Our God who... ultimately conceive, you, and your children, in the womb before the parents even had a spick of a thought (aside from connecting intimately, can't ever forget those moments!) of our children. We call our children, our children, because we are the mothers and the fathers... yes, But we cannot forget, WE ARE all God’s children. Each and every one of us belongs to the one true, Ultimate Creator, whom it says in His word he Loves us dearly. We are held closer to God heart then even the birds, plants, and animals that roam this earth. He prepared this earth so intrigingly detailed, yet loved us so much, He turned over all His creation, to us, to care for, or destroy, if we so wish. It says that He cares for His children so deeply... He Weeps, when each one cries out. He Weeps when each child is neglected. He Weeps when each abused child is struck. So if he cares so much, and He designed the earth so well, and He controls the universe so massively, WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION IF HE IS TAKING CARE OF HIS OWN CHILDREN? It's all a matter in perspective of Faith. Do you trust God enough to watch over your kids, when you are not able to watch ‘em? To those who have lost their children, Do you trust God enough to have Faith, which He has taken them home to a better place? What’s the true reason we weep when our children are taken? Cause we don’t want to move on without them. We don’t want. Now it’s our own selfish wants that we can't carry on. I feel you; I don’t ever want something to happen to my children. But before I ever got married, years before, I had a girl friend who miscarried after 2-3 months of pregnancy. I was in the Hospital with her, when she had to still born. The child, boy or girl, would have been 8 years old now. He or she is up there with God, and I have to trust that He is taking good care of her. If I OFFENDED anyone, I am sorry. I pray, anyone reading this entry, that you never have to face the feeling of God taking away your Child... but, there is no one else on this planet I would want to take my child, than God Himself. So next time you question whether God is keeping your Children safe... ask yourself; Who's children are they really? As parents, we're just managers, teachers, and friends, to those we call our own children, but they Truly belong to God, and there should be no one better in our thoughts to own our Kids.

My prayers go out to all of you. And can use your prayers as well.
12/17/2012 6:57:57 PM
Tricia United States
Tricia
I miscarried my baby which made me Question God why? I wanted this bundle of joy so very badly and was angry at God for taking her home, I never got to kiss her, hold her, but I loved her. Even months after the doctor told me she was gone, I still didn't give up hope that she was still there and was going to make it. I couldn't let go. I didn't know she wasn't mine, she was given to me for a short time. It took a few years of mourning her lost that I finally came to grasp that she was His given to me just a short time no matter how short that maybe to love. Now my hope and joy is that one day when I too finally come home that my sweet Gracie will be running to meet me on the heels of Jesus. I learned how to love someone you never go to meet, I thought I had this deep love for Christ too before all this, but it wasn't till sorrow hit that I question my heart to why He would hurt me so. He taught me he loves each of us the same we are His and our children are His. Glad He holds my Gracie today. She has spent all her 9yrs in Heaven. God gave me an Angel.
12/17/2012 7:04:10 PM
Adam United States
Adam
Absolutely he will, regardless of what you do.

The thing is, you and he might disagree about what is protecting them.  Taking them now might be a blessing, considering what their future would hold. But no matter what, you are wrong about what is protecting them if you disagree with God; not saying it's always easy to accept, but...  If God sees from a mountain, you see from a pitch black pit.
12/17/2012 7:30:48 PM
Curt United States
Curt
I think of two things when horrible things happen to innocent people, especially children.  1) God sacrificed his own child’s life to acts of horrific cruelty and violence.  2) It is these types of acts that renew my faith in heaven, because if I didn’t believe that these children are in a much better place these types of tragedies would be unbearable.

I sincerely apologize if I repeated thoughts or ideas that have been more eloquently stated already.  My ADD makes it impossible for me to read all the wonderful posts.

Peace
12/17/2012 8:21:53 PM
Emily Blackie United States
Emily Blackie
Brant,
I think we both have the same view of this, for the most part, but I really don't like the way you worded some of it. When you answer, "Will God protect my children." with a , "Maybe, maybe not", it really bothers me. I interpret that as a ,"Well sometimes God will be there, and sometimes He won't." I kinda view protection and safety as two different things: Protection being, " I will never leave you or forsake you. I know what's best even though it may not make sense - God", and safety as, " Sometimes the pain and hurt may come, and I can't promise you there won't be danger, but, I know what's best and I can see beyond this world and this circumstance." My answer is this: "Will God protect me and my children?" Yes, but not always in the way that makes sense. Sometimes God lets harm come to us for our protection...whether that be spiritual or physical. Protection, to me, is God's arms of love around me, and his hand guiding me. Safety, to me, is more of a fleshly thing: Tripping and falling to avoid being hit in the head, for example...not very safe, but protection none-the-less. I had a miscarriage a couple years ago, and it wrenched my heart. It made no sense to me why a baby should die, but after a time of grieving, my mind was clearer to think it through. I have no idea what kind of life, my son would of had to go through, if he would have been born with some life threatening problem. I won't know till I get to heaven. I do not think that God's protection was a "maybe, maybe not" thing. I know He was protecting my baby from something that I cannot see or even understand. I know for a fact He was protecting me , because, if I would have given birth, due to my blood type causing me to reject the pregnancy, its very likely I would have died.
12/17/2012 8:34:00 PM
shelly United States
shelly
If I may add just a bit more to the discussion...
We all certainly have duties to be diligent at as imperfect parents we must do our best.However, God will do His will. Jesus did his fathers will, and Abraham did the Fathers will taking his son to be sacrificed if necessary. Having faith that God would provide for Himself a sacrifice. Our worship of Him comes before our obedience. We must see Him for all of who He is to know that all is His. Our children are precious to Him even moreso than to us. This worlds ideals and systems are a version of goodness but are not complete. God is completely good. The wages of sin is death. We all die. Christ death may not have been the worst death of all painfull torturous deaths, it is not about that, it was about who He was. Our lives are based on who He is to us. I am frankly thankful to know that Mom is not the end authority of my children, I mess up too often to live up to perfection. I gladly place my beloved babies in His eternal, everlasting, unchanging care. Thank you all for your honest insights as we struggle to obtain answers and growth. God meets us all where we need it. He does care for every individual. Thank you.
12/17/2012 11:04:05 PM
Cindy Waggoner United States
Cindy Waggoner
My name is cindy and the Lord says "I go in safety wherever I go".  I believe and receive! I speak it too and this is what happened...If I could upload the picture I would. A semi came right at the car I was riding in.  I had been speaking this...it went through our car and hit the car behind us..meaning it passed with out damage...cut the car in half behind us...I mean this is truth! I mean time and space stopped for me and I was not harmed.  Another time I was walking and I speak this a lot and a car full of teens came speeding through the parking lot and did not see me, and again the car passed through me, time and space was different.  They went on their way and never saw me.  There are many more instances.  Now this safety is remarkable.  If I look at circumstances only I can be in big trouble.  What does scriptures say? Trust scriptures. Wish had more time to tell you more!
12/18/2012 5:58:12 AM
John United States
John
Brant - would be honored to meet you one day sir.  Even if it's not until heaven... thank you for taking the time to write this out and post it.
12/18/2012 11:11:38 AM
Heidi United States
Heidi
Wow- Thank you so much, Brant! What an amazing perspective... I never thought of family as an idol before, but now that I have, I definitely think that I have viewed mine that way. Thanks again for the insight! I appreciate your blogs and podcasts so much!!
12/18/2012 1:45:55 PM
jackie sampieri United States
jackie sampieri
'why do bad things happen to good people?' that only happened once.....and He volunteered.
R. C. Sproul

and that must answer all the questions ever
12/18/2012 5:03:17 PM
scotty United States
scotty
You must remember God promises several things. He will never leave us or forsake us. And He will never give us more trials than we can handle. We live in a fallen world where evil runs rampant. It’s a cliché but true, “it rains on the good and the bad”. God will protect our children’s souls. And we should pray fervently every day for their protection. This line of communication with the Almighty is so important. We must understand He always answers player in one of three ways: yes, no, or wait. It is so difficult for us to grapple with this when innocent life is taken or harmed in any manner. We must trust in Him. I have 7 years of military and 6 years of law enforcement experience. I have buried friends, family, and coworkers. I have witnessed evil and I have asked God why. I have learned to rely on Him knowing the big picture. Physical protection is only a commodity. Spiritual protection is what ultimately counts.
12/19/2012 9:37:53 AM
mary Lou United States
mary Lou
We are here to bring heaven to earth, my goodness, the Jews had their babies built into the walls of the city and these are God's chosen people.  We are spirit beings with a body on the outside.  Not the other way around.  And I do believe when we get frightened and scared for our children,  we are not allowing God to be soverign.  We have a trust breech.  I speak this all to myself as well.  But our main purpose for being here isn't to have children and jobs and things, but to restore back what Adam couldn't accomplish.   And remember, we are someone's child to, God'sSmile
12/19/2012 9:38:10 AM
Alyscia Johnson United States
Alyscia Johnson
Thank you Brant for your honest answer. I thank God for your faith and your pedestal in which you are able to share your faith with us so well. God is indeed always in control no matter what! Hebrews 13:5-6 says "Let your conduct be without covetousness be content with such things as you have for He Himself has said I will never leave you nor forsake you so we may boldly say 'the Lord is my helper I will not fear what can man do to me.'"
12/19/2012 3:21:26 PM
Helen United States
Helen
There is a traditional Jewish story about Rabbi Meir and his wife Beruriah that seems appropriate here. While Rabbi Meir was on travel, his two sons suddenly died of the plague. When he got home, his wife Beruriah met him at the door and asked him, "What shall I do? Someone left two valuable jewels in my keeping a while ago, and now he has asked for them back." Rabbi Meir said indignantly, "What do you mean 'what do I do?'? Of course you have to give them back!" She then mutely opened the door to the next room where the boys were laid out in their coffins.  Our children are loans, rather than gifts. If God asks for them back, we cannot hang onto them as if they belonged to us. I don't know what I would do in such a situation. I know what I ought to do and what I hope I would do, but what would I really do? I hope I never have to find out.
12/20/2012 12:26:11 PM
Matt United States
Matt
Hey Brant as I was reading the initial blog of the lady and her kids staying at home and the question came up "Why does God allow things to happen to good people?" Another question that would go with that is "Where was God When?" This is actually a title of a book that I have read and gives a great solution and answer to those hard questions. Its written by Mike Calhoun and Ric Garland from Word of Life Fellowship. If you want to check it out its on sale right now for $2 and there are is a study that goes with it too if you like. Check it out here. www.wolstore.org
12/20/2012 7:14:51 PM
Ginger United States
Ginger
So well spoken Brant. The way I like to say it is "God is God and I am not."
12/21/2012 9:28:17 AM
I am Eva United States
I am Eva
Brant, I love how brutally honest you are with your audience. You don't sugar-coat anything. Sometimes the truth isn't fun, but it is what it is. No, we aren't guaranteed tomorrow with our children, but we are guaranteed the love and comfort of an amazing Savior!
12/21/2012 4:08:16 PM
Kimi ;~} United States
Kimi ;~}
Mahalo Nui Loa my lil Babe Braddah Brant...to Ginger and I am Eva :  isn't Brant just so "to the point" or "spot on" as the British would say.

Utterly profound....clap clap clap..
as always.

Love,
In service to HIM,
Kimi ;~}
1/2/2013 9:28:10 PM
good article United States
good article
good article.

re: some comments:

there are 2 lies that i nonstop hear repeated by well-intended people, and lies harm, i wish you would stop telling them or please prove me wrong - i challenge you!  where in the Bible is either:

1 - He will never give us more trials than we can handle.

2 - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

here's my proof that they are lies:

1 - virtually every single suicide in the history of mankind.  tell me they "handled" what they were suffering.
every single person who has been so grotesquely traumatized that they can no longer function in society and have to live in a mental institution.  tell me they "handled" what they suffered.

2 - the same response as above plus:
every athlete who has had a severely destroyed acl or pcl and now walks with a limp and their athletic function was brought to zero.  a former navy seal i know who's both knees were destroyed in a training parachute jump and cannot walk more than max 50 feet at a time without resting for 20minutes.  the 13yr old FL girl who tried to fight off her rapist and so he hacked off both her arms above the elbow and proceeded his evil.  she's still alive, her arms are gone not reattached, tell me how she is stronger.

please i beg you do not perpetate lies, it harms others.  please study what you plan to say and find out if it's actually the truth before just spewing it, your words may harm others.

This article gives good explanation that our physical bodies aren't guaranteed protection, God is for our souls and for the afterlife not this one.

our minds/hearts are also just another part of our earthly existence - and they very much can and do become broken, sometimes way beyond repair while on earth.  telling people the 2 lies above is like the anti-thesis of this article.

this article is truth people need;
conversely telling someone "God will keep your kid safe, go ahead tell your kid to parachute without the required backup 'chute he'll be fine" is equal to repeating those 2 lies above, if the kid dies the person may doubt God or be angry at God, this does not help them.  i challenge you to study those 2 items above, prove me wrong if you can, i'm listening and waiting.

1/2/2013 10:47:43 PM
good article United States
good article
some links and excerpts from them:

- - - -
fullsoulahead.com/.../

"it is a way of washing their hands of the situation. God did it. Who can argue?"
- - - -
www.aumethodists.org/.../

Psalms:
    “I’m worn out, completely crushed; I groan because of my miserable heart.” (Psalms 38:8 CEB)

“My wrongdoings are stacked higher than my head; they are a weight that’s way too heavy for me.” (Psalms 38:4 CEB)

Elsewhere we read of Elijah being told by an angel:
     “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” (1 Kings 19:7) [1]

Could you imagine saying to an inmate at Auschwitz, “Don’t worry; God never gives you more than you can bear!”?

.. has the potential to do great spiritual violence to the believer.

This, then, raises yet another problem in addition to the two noted earlier.  In addition to this verse not being

Biblical and not being an accurate reflection of our experience, it has one other major failing: it places all the focus in the wrong place.

The sentiment that God never gives you anything more than you can bear makes it about what you can bear.  And as I am fond of saying, if I could add a line to the creeds or to the commandments, it’d be “It’s not about you.”

- - - -
^that last one sounds like another blog Brant wrote.

- - - -

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."   Nietzsche, Friedrich

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (October 15, 1844 August 25, 1900) was a German philosopher, whose critiques of contemporary culture, religion, and philosophy centered around a basic question regarding the foundation of values and morality.
His influence was particularly noted by many existentialist and postmodern philosophers.

- - - -
jmo, ^no thanks.  i'll stick to the Bible.
1/8/2013 6:27:39 PM
Mary Slauf United States
Mary Slauf
I hope your doing better,not sure it this will get to Amy, I just wanted her to know that people are still praying for her.......GOD bless you sister in CHRIST.......
1/25/2013 5:04:03 PM
Monika United States
Monika
My child was hospitalized with something bad and came home from the hospital with another disease.  "How could God let this happen?" I wondered.  But due to this ordeal, we have learned understanding and compassion.  I have accepted the problems. I value God over my child's health.
1/26/2013 4:00:59 PM
Shaun United States
Shaun
I understand and even relate to much of this. We must remember that is it the Lord's will we pray to be done, not our own. However, I also believe that what Jesus said about having faith and believing that what is prayed for will be delivered through that faith is important to remember. So often we pray, God save me from this, but do not truly trust that it will happen; we feel like we are gambling. Rather, I believe he wants us to KNOW that our faith will be vindicated and He will hold nothing back for those who believe.
2/27/2013 9:58:38 AM
android app development United States
android app development
Hello I wish to to share a comment here concerning you to definitely be able to inform you just how much i personally Loved this particular study. I have to elope in order to aTurkey Day time Supper but desired to leave ya an easy comment. We preserved you Same goes with be returning subsequent function to read more of yer quality articles. Keep up the quality work.
3/3/2013 7:10:13 PM
healthly meals United States
healthly meals
I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next"""
3/4/2013 1:53:35 AM
diet paleo United States
diet paleo

Thank you for another fantastic article. Where else could anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I'm on the look for such info.
3/8/2013 6:00:44 AM
paleo diet recipes United States
paleo diet recipes
Great stuff here. The information and the detail were just perfect. I think that your perspective is deep, its just well thought out and really fantastic to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts down so well. Great job on this.

<a href="http://paleoaholic.com/">paleo diet recipes</a>

<a href="http://paleoaholic.com/">paleo recipes</a>

<a href="http://paleoaholic.com/">Paleo diet</a>

<a href="http://paleoaholic.com/paleo guide/">paleo guide</a>
3/10/2013 8:26:41 PM
Website Design in Rhode Island United States
Website Design in Rhode Island
3/14/2013 12:47:49 AM
débouchage United States
débouchage
Please tell me that youre heading to keep this up! Its so great and so important. I cant wait to read a lot more from you. I just feel like you know so substantially and know how to make people listen to what you might have to say. This blog is just too cool to become missed. Terrific stuff, genuinely. Please, PLEASE keep it up!

depannage-general.be/...ge-bruxelles-belgique.html
3/22/2013 1:13:49 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I'm SO glad someone addressed this issue. As a Catholic, I find that a lot of Christian brothers and sisters now think that loss and suffering are to be avoided, because God is merciful, why would He let innocents, like our kids, or just anyone, suffer? There's a very simple answer, in the form of a question. You point to a crucifix and ask how that is justified, when Jesus, Who was God, and thus sinless, died a horrible and painful death. If suffering had no meaning in the eyes of God, then Jesus' death would not be necessary. And we all know it is. This gives us the opportunity to give our own sorrows for God's glory. And this is truly a noble thing.
3/25/2013 6:27:55 AM
Martin Salcedo Peru
Martin Salcedo
Did you read the book "The Shack" from William Paul Young?.

In this book, the author explains about the question of the topic.

Nice blog, I will recommend.

Regards,