Dec 04 2012
Why the Club Awesome Tour Has Been So Awesome

Tonight is the last night on our little "Club Awesome" tour.

The artists say this is one of the most fun things they've EVER done in their careers. There's something different about the people who are coming out.  And they're right.  There's something about Air1 listeners. Something really, really, wonderful.

This has been like the biggest, goofiest, most bizarre party ever thrown... on the Island of Misfit Toys.  There's nothing negative in that; I'm a misfit toy, myself. But if you watch "Rudolph" ever year - and you really should - you'll notice something about that island:  No one's trying to be cool.  The misnamed Charlie-in-the-Box; the unloved doll known only as "Dolly for Sue"; the little train with square wheels; the little boat that sinks; and - perfectly for Club Awesome - the cowboy who rides an ostrich.  They've all got this in common:

There's no pretense.

When you know you're broken, you're not cool, well... you're free.

-----

Two nights ago, after the show, an impromptu dance-off happened. It was a diverse group, many strangers, and it was hilarious and joyful and everyone laughed and cheered for each other.  No one was trying to be cool. It's amazing the fun you can have, when you give up trying to be cool.

The artists aren't trying to be cool.  Remember: People who want to be celebrities will always keep a certain distance from the masses. They like staying away, revealing themselves just here and there, and maintaining some kind of mystique.  On this tour, the artists jump up and down and slap high-fives with every person walking through the door before the show starts, and welcome them.

I've met MANY people with Asperger's Syndrome, like me. I've met a little boy who just lost his daddy, and listens to Air1 everyday. I've met a family of special-needs children who danced the night away. I've met a mix of single moms, people in crushing physical pain, nerds (w00t!), many people with social anxiety, brand new believers, and older folks who don't understand "what all THAT was," but they sure did love seeing the joy.

The crowds have been crushingly loud, packed-in, dance-crazy, and generous.  JOY gets taken to a new level when our party invites others to join, like poverty-stricken, disabled children, who will be able to dance, too, once they get their surgeries at CURE International.  Little Ireen, for example, will have her surgery to repair her legs, thanks to the people at Club Awesome in OKC.

God loves Ireen. He loves misfit toys, and the truth is, we ALL fit that description. Some are free enough to admit it.  God loves humble hearts, too. A lot.

Ireen, little sweetheart, fellow "misfit toy"...  welcome to the party.

We call it the Kingdom of God, and man, is it wonderful.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/4/2012 5:07:46 PM
EmilieX United States
EmilieX
Aww...I'm so glad to read this blog post! Smile Glad to hear the tour was a success, glad to hear about Cure, glad to hear about everyone who came out. So incredible.
12/4/2012 11:11:31 PM
Anke Netherlands
Anke
Wow this is so awesome! I just don't have a better word to describe the joy that splashes from this post Smile
Keep up the great work!
Jullie zijn geweldig! (Dutch for you are awesome!)
12/5/2012 9:17:44 AM
Christina United States
Christina
My family and I had a BLAST at Club Awesome in Phoenix. Its always an incredible experience to watch people gather together, all loving Jesus (or at least about to be hit with a room full of Jesus loving pals), and singing, praising, laughing, dancing, pushing past all the cares of life and just having JOY! Thanks for putting this together and I'm so glad it was a BIG SUCCESS!!!
12/5/2012 8:48:45 PM
Josiah United States
Josiah
The CLub Awesome Live Tour definitely lived up to its name in Oklahoma City! I can't begin to describe how awesome the experience was.  Everyone there was just so humble and kind to everyone attending.  Watching Sherri bust a move in a dance circle was just icing on the cake of a great evening.
12/6/2012 7:16:49 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
Congratulations on all those kids. Next year, (as I have said many, many times before,) PLEASE COME TO CHICAGO!!!! (or anywhere nearby, as long as it is at most 1 hour and a half away from me)I LOVE Club Awesome, and I would LOVE to meet you and Sherri (besides, nothing really happens around here. Except one time, your friends, Scott and Kelli came here, but I couldn't go, because I was busy.) The tour would also be my first ever concert- and what an awesome first concert ever!!! Maybe meet you one day... From a Big Air1 and Brant Hansen show and Sherri fan, Jennifer Smile <3
12/16/2012 12:46:45 AM
Kimi ;~} United States
Kimi ;~}
NO NEED TO  but okay since you asked I will tell you:  YOU ARE THE CLUB AWESOME KING my lil Babe Braddah Brant Hansen...Producer Sherri my hats off to you for your cute rolling of eyes at him and in your voice I hear and feel the JOY that I believe should eminate from someone who represents CHRIST JESUS on air and in our daily walk...YOU EMINATE A BEAUTY AND AN AURA (sp?) that you, Marcia Ware, Katie Rose, AND Betty Rock(WAYFM NASHVILLE) and Mandy (morning celeb), Michelle Tellone and Carmen Brown of(theJoyFM) ;~}
Unfortunately I got to meet the one producer Brant had in SF and her name was Nikki   I pray for her heart wasn't really ready for the ministry...I LOVE   GOD LOVES  JESUS LOVES  BRANT HANSEN LOVES  SHERRI LOVES   AIR1RADIO LOVES   WAYFM NASHVILLE AND SF LOVES   THEJOYFM  LOVES  Laughing
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

oh ps Brant ty for giving Sherri your facts Christmas gift....hahaha  you are TOO MUCH dude Laughing
That's why I love you in sisterly fellowship w/my lil babe Braddah Laughing

Love,
Kimi ;~}
12/30/2012 2:25:39 AM
celebrity news today Tajikistan
celebrity news today
“I had to refresh the page  times to view this page for some reason, however, the information here was worth the wait.”
<a href="mjawadsaleem721@gamil.com">celebrity news today</a>