Jul 10 2012
An Experiment: Today's OFF-AIR Show

I had to do other stuff during the normal show today, so here's an off-the-air show.

We (Producer Sherri and I) talk about singles groups.  And Las Vegas.  And Christian bookstores.  And Wimbledon.  And the reason why many of us on Christian radio end up sounding like people from other planets.

I'd love to get your comments, too, on the stuff we talk about here.  I know not everyone's going to agree with me on everything, and that's okay.  In the end, agree or disagree, we can all rally around the fact that this photo is of a pretty awesome baby numbat.

Click HERE to listen!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/10/2012 9:40:03 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
hey brant, I just wanted to say this is the best thing ive listened to in a long time. I absolutely LOVE the complete honesty towards every one of the subjects you talked about. Like I felt like it was just you, me and Sherri in a room just talking, not a radio podcast that everyone listens to. I love the genuine realness of this, like there was no mask or people pleasing. I loved it so much, I listened to it twice! Everything else out there seems so fake, Im glad you know how to keep it real. pleaseee do more of these! Like once a week maybe? I know you probly dont have the time, but i would absolutely love it if you did more of these! thanks for being awesome!(:
7/11/2012 7:47:06 AM
Micah United States
Micah
Brant and Sherri, you guys are awesome! I feel the same way on most every subject you all talk about. It is very encouraging to know others are out there. Also, I don't usually get to hear Brenda on the radio because of my work schedule, but I did here that and thought "She is going to get ripped for that". Just let her know, for me, that the few times I have heard her she is AWESOME and needs to continue to keep doing what she is doing! Thanks to all you guys for what you do!
7/11/2012 10:25:55 AM
brant h United States
brant h
Thank you!  I'm honored you listened.  I really enjoy this format, so we're going to run with it every week or so.

It's fun to be able to talk about stuff a little longer and deeper.  I need to figure out a good way to take calls and stuff.  That would make it even more fun.
7/11/2012 3:44:15 PM
Christi Kari United States
Christi Kari
Hi Brant, I've never blogged before, and this isn't technically a blog, but a question. I would like to send you a copy of my book, On the Other Side of the Glass, a spiritual fiction novel coming out soon. If you would be interested, please let me know where to send it to.

I really enjoy your zany, spontaneity on the show. You make me and my kids laugh, but at the same time, your love for Christ is very evident. Keep up being real! Christi
7/11/2012 4:02:07 PM
brant h United States
brant h
Christi,

So honored you listen, and THANK YOU for the encouragement!

I'd definitely want to read your book if I could get the chance.  I'm afraid I'm so snowed under in my reading, I'd hate to say "I'll read it" when I likely won't be able to get around to it.  Thank you for the offer, though.

God bless you and your fam!  And thank you, again, for the kind words.
7/11/2012 4:29:00 PM
Bryce B. United States
Bryce B.
Hey Brant, thanks for everything you do. Whether its serious, biblical discussions or fun stuff like Club Awesome, I always love to listen to your show. Anytime I listen read your serious thoughts, it makes sense even though sometimes I don't understand (because I'm 12). I still love what you do. Please continue on with your ministry. And Club Awesome. By the way, that is a pretty cool baby numbat.
7/11/2012 4:31:59 PM
Angie United States
Angie
That was an awesome podcast.

And that numbat is ADORABLE!  I want it so badly!!
7/13/2012 4:09:35 PM
Lori Lynn Staley United States
Lori Lynn Staley
Hi there - love your music, I listen at work and in the car, but have not ever wanted to write yet, so am not sure I am leaving a comment inthe right spot!  I just heard something about Friday the 13th on the show and really wanted to let you know where it ORIGINALLY came from - not the pagen myths or gods - but from when Moses was going up against the Pharoh to free the Isrealites! The night that all the first born were killed was - you got it, the 13th day of the month and it happened to be a Friday!  So while the Egyptians considered it a very bad date - anyone who had covered their doors in the blood of the sacrificial lamb counted it as a very good day indeed!! So I LOVE it when people tell me they are superstious about it as I can say "Not me! Want to know why?!"   Another opportunity to share the truth of God's love, provision and protection...just had to share - didn't want you to go on thinking it was "silly".

Love your show - you are a blessing!

Yours in Him - Lori Lynn
7/16/2012 3:54:09 PM
Donna V United States
Donna V
Hi Brant, not sure if I heard correctly today on your show, but you mentioned having Aspergers Syndrome. My son, who also has Aspergers has been weighing heavly on both mine and my husband's hearts lately. He's in the Army and going trough a tough medic training program with about 300 other men and women, he seemed very down and feeling like an "outcast" with his fellow peers, this has become worrisome for us, because with aspergers he tends to become overwhelmed and shuts down. He (19yrs) has become such an inspiration to all of us, he has taught us how to face our fears of the unknown and just go for it. He has made such progress - do not want this to hinder him in anyway. Any suggestions?  Donna (mom)