Jun 25 2012
Pardon Me But I Think That's Your Cat Getting Raptured

Look, I'm not even in the "rapture" camp, as far as Biblical eschatology goes.

But I found these photos, and it's now undeniable:  Cats are all, like, "I can haz get raptured."

I've read a lot of end-times books, and paid attention to various theologians on the matter. They've debated, and held numerous conferences on, dispensationalism, the nature and timing of the Tribulation, the true identity of Gog and Magog, and hermeneutical issues regarding Daniel chapter 10.

But they totally forgot to mention cats.

I'm avoiding making puns, here.  There's an obvious "esCATology" joke in here, but I won't make it, because I'm too classy for that, and I'm already concerned that people will take this litter-ally.

Anyway, the photos are proof. If your cat is still around, let's face it: it's because it's unrepentant.

Let me guess: You're not surprised.

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (21) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/26/2012 6:17:27 AM
Tiff United States
Tiff
Brant, I didn't think you could get any more awesome......but you just proved me wrong.

lol

6/26/2012 6:34:39 AM
Chrisi United States
Chrisi
Brant, this made my morning!

It proves two things to me: 1) You are awesome, and 2) The family cat is the evil little creature I always knew she was since she was "left behind". :o)

LoL
6/26/2012 7:38:30 AM
Matt Salzer United States
Matt Salzer
Brant, you have convinced me that you should start doing your own conferences on escATology Smile
6/26/2012 7:44:43 AM
kersley United States
kersley
Ohhhh, Brant, I used to love you but I may have to hurt you now. I work for a ministry where people send in questions about life and theology and we answer them according to the Bible. Do you have any IDEA how many questions we're now going to get about "Why won't God rapture animals and save them from the Tribulation? Because animals didn't do anything so it's not FAIR that they have to live through the Tribulation and how do you put the Mark of the Beast on a cat's paw ANYWAY???!!!"

If we do get these questions, I'm sending them to you.
6/26/2012 8:05:31 AM
John United States
John
The ramifications here are potentially CATastrophic.

Would our feline friends being CATapulted to heaven in the rapture mean overcrowding for the rest of us?

Or would it spell certain doom to those heavenly birds and mice?

These questions are certainly worth paws-ing to think about.

Thanks, Brant, for letting the cat out of the bag!

6/26/2012 8:06:01 AM
Christina United States
Christina
Great googley moogley Brant! Is it legal to write something this awesome on a Tuesday? Shouldn't you have waited until at least Thursday?
6/26/2012 8:08:06 AM
Peach United States
Peach
Cute blog!
6/26/2012 8:20:25 AM
Dr Chuck Pearson United States
Dr Chuck Pearson
6/26/2012 8:31:24 AM
Heather United States
Heather
My kids now love you. (:
6/26/2012 9:58:22 AM
Vicki United States
Vicki
Check out cats doing invisible things:
mike.shannonandmike.net/.../...nvisible-things.jpg

6/26/2012 2:48:35 PM
Cynthia United States
Cynthia
I wish they'd all been ready.
6/26/2012 4:42:04 PM
Amber United States
Amber
haha this made me laugh so hard.
6/26/2012 4:47:34 PM
Susan United States
Susan
Hi Brant,
I just love the pics of the CATS,
and I enjoy listening to your show. My story is that I have become  closer to Jesus in my faith each day as I continued to grow in love  with my husband of 25 years for who he is and the wonderful loving man I married.

About 10 years ago I was frustrated, with his quirky was and the routines he had.  I was just not fully understanding the reason why he never like hanging out with my friends going to parties, having birthday parties every year. Going to events such as parades and stuff.
We were also going through similar stuff with our then 6 year old daughter. I spoke to her doctor about it at a well visit and he did have some concerns, Her 1st grade teacher did as well she had difficulty in school adjusting to changes in the classroom and schedules. she was disorganized and was upset from noises and even wearing certain clothes while at school.
We had her evaluated for special services at the recomdation of her doctor, and she was Diagonosed with Autism, Aspergars, and my husband came to the revelation that he himself may have Aspergars too. He went for an evaluation as well. and yes he did. this was an eye opener for me a big social and loved to be out in the middle of everything kind of person. but it helped me realize what a blessing I have in both my husband and daughter.
I learned everything I could and still continue to educate myself and others aboout Aspergers as it is apart of my life. I never want them to change who they are. I have learned to accept them love them and be available to them if they need me.  We are teaching our daughter to become an interdependent young lady. that it is ok to ask for help. but to try to do what you can first and to always fully rely on Jesus.
about CATS, the book we used to teach her about Aspergar is titled " ALL CATS HAVE ASPERGERS" BY KATHY HOOPMANN, it is a simple picture book of cats and speaks of the sensory and situations children of people with Aspergers may feel or experience. this book was very helpful in helping her , and yet many adults in her life understand her and my husband as well.best book we ever found. Aslo there is on about ADHD, similar by the same author'ALL DOGS HAVE ADHD, fits my son perfectly!
Susan from RI
(listen to your show online and on my ipod as we don't have an Air1 station, in our area we have a K-LOVE station)
6/29/2012 6:56:37 AM
Christian A. United States
Christian A.
Hey, glad to hear that you're one of the few high-profile evangelicals who doesn't believe in the idea of a secret rapture, which has only really been around for a little over 100 years.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
6/29/2012 4:13:15 PM
Diane Rogers United States
Diane Rogers
Too cute, loved it!
7/1/2012 1:59:26 PM
Heather United States
Heather
This just cracks me up!
7/1/2012 4:19:23 PM
Dave United States
Dave
Brant_ You are not a well man!_ & I love that about you!_ Now go take your meds and chill!_ Wink  L8r/Peace, Dave   Num 6: 24-26!
7/6/2012 3:58:11 PM
Derek n AZ United States
Derek n AZ
My moms cat is Named Terra...
We call her Terra the Terror.
Of course, at 14, she half blind, deaf, and near senial, but still evil! Smile
7/7/2012 3:53:23 PM
The Old Adam United States
The Old Adam
Has anyone seen my cat?
7/10/2012 3:52:53 PM
Jacqueline United States
Jacqueline
Even though I don't like them, I loved the cat blog, Brant, BUT you've discriminated against dogs, shame on you! (And do you not have a dog, hm : )?)I will say this: while there is nothing in the Holy Bible that speaks about our animals being raptured, there is plenty about it regarding us believers being raptured (See Enoch, Elijah in OT and Paul's writing in the NT). Lastly, I will say this: we ARE VERY close to that happening. If anyone doubts it, open the Holy Bible and look to the Middle East to see Isaiah 19 unfolding in Egypt, the circumstances being set for Isaiah 17:1, 14 to unfold, all of the circumstances in readiness for the New World Order, world religion and cashless society/mark of the beast noted in Revelation and Matthew 24:4-8,11, 12,38, 2 Timothy 3:1-5,etc. We will be going home soon and while I can't back it with Scripture because as I said it doesn't speak of animals being raptured, I'm sure the Lord has made some sort of provision for our pets. : )
9/1/2012 5:43:14 PM
Peggy United States
Peggy

Notice how there's always a second cat in the pictures? When I first read this, my cat jumped up on the counter and proceeded to eat my 7-year old brother's birthday cake, which somebody had forgot to put in the fridge.

Nope, I'm not surprised that cat didn't get raptured.