Mar 13 2012
The "Not Safe" Podcast: Sy Rogers on Sexuality, Brokenness, and Jesus

"Sy Rogers lived as a woman for a year and a half..."

That's the first line from this podcast (click HERE to listen) and it's true.  But it's neither the beginning, nor the end, of Sy's story.

...or even the most interesting part.  You may agree, disagree, or get ticked... but what Sy has been through is undeniably remarkable.

I love this guy, but only partially because he's one of the best communicators I've ever heard, dealing with such difficult topics as same-sex attraction, judgeentalism, brokenness, and our humanity.  There are lots of great communicators.

Sy communicates Jesus.

More about Sy can be found at www.syrogers.com.

3/14/2012 10:55:31 AM
Danielle Joy United States
Danielle Joy
Wow. Just wow. Thank you, Brant. Sy, too. I'll probably post more after I listen to it again, but thank you so much for talking about this.
3/15/2012 1:28:05 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Brant, thank you for taking on the hard issues. This rocked my world (in a very good way). Keep these coming!
3/15/2012 8:49:48 PM
Delilah United States
Delilah
I know what the world is like and i'm not even a teenager. but let me tell you this most of the teens out there are suffering depression including me. some people think its really cool to  have problems and stuff cuz they think you get all the attention well you don't. All you do is cry your self to sleep and find happieness in a knife or scissors.  Why did Adam and Eve have to disobey God?
3/16/2012 1:27:24 PM
Katie United States
Katie
Thank you so very much for this. I feel it is a topic most Christians don't want to deal with and those that do, aren't really too sure how to deal with it, other than what the Bible has to say about these issues. To hear someone tell what they went through, how they came to understand God's love and grace for them, how they began to heal and how others helped them through all of it was very insightful. I am grateful that this interview is out here for us, since I probably wouldn't have sought Sy Rogers out on my own. I will listen to this again and hopefully, my husband will listen to it too. Thank you, Brant and Sy, for this amazing listen!
3/17/2012 11:02:22 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Keep up the great work!!  Really enjoy listening to the podcasts!!  Thank you for all that you do!!
3/17/2012 11:24:27 AM
Angela United States
Angela
Thanks for posting this Brant, since I am dealing with some of this with one of my children, and it was very encouragin.  I think the show was pretty safe for the family, though -- Sy is tactful in his language.
3/19/2012 5:20:28 PM
Cody United States
Cody
Brant, I was listening to you today talk about Kony2012. And I have some issues with it. We need to better inform ourselves on this situation. We need to do our OWN research and not watch a propaganda video geared towards the naive youth of America and believe it as truth. Watch this video and make your own conclusion. God Bless www.youtube.com/watch

4/14/2012 7:29:11 AM
Amber United States
Amber
Really wanted to listen to the podcast but I clicked on it and said it had been removed or something =(
8/20/2012 10:04:19 PM
Dana United States
Dana
I really wanted to listen to this but it seems to be removed??? Why?
8/31/2012 12:19:14 AM
Bubba United States
Bubba
Well I couldnt get the sy interview to work on my computer but I have listended to him speak and hes awesome!...Brent I am so happy and excited for you sharing this on air! I just heard it @ 2am and had to check this out!..Coming from someone who lived a life of homosexuality for 14years and now letting God in to help me be the man He created me to be I truley appreciate People like you bringing this issue to light!..Especially with how much things have changed...I think i get more critisism not being gay then being gay lol. The Love of Jesus is far better than anything Ive ever had before. Thank you Lord!
9/18/2012 9:08:29 AM
David United States
David
The link to the podcast doesn't work.  Is there another link that would work?
9/30/2012 5:06:54 PM
Amber United States
Amber
Hey! I would love to finish listening to some of the things that Sy has to say! But, the link to the actual audio clips does not seem to be working! Frown

Has it been moved to a different place??
3/26/2013 9:59:27 PM
Bonnie United States
Bonnie
The link no longer works Frown I really need this podcast for a friend at church.. Is there any possible way to find a recording of this interview? Please help, Brant!!!