Jan 09 2012
My Actual Brain: This Should Answer Some Questions

Here's an actual photo of my brain.  (Actual conversation:  "Do you want to keep a digital copy of your MRI scan?" Me:  "You're offering me a photo of the inside of my head...?  THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME.")

And, to answer your unspoken questions:

1. Yes, I have one.

2. No, it's not entirely hooked up right.

3. Yes, but everybody's tongue is apparently monstrous, too.

1/9/2012 11:37:35 PM
Elissa United States
Elissa
Brant, just let me be the first to say that we are eternally grateful for finally letting us all read your mind... it didn't take nearly as long as we thought it would ;)
and thank you for being my favorite dj too!
1/10/2012 5:28:36 AM
Seaton United States
Seaton
Absolutely awesome! Glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I saw "Duran Duran lyrics"
1/10/2012 8:13:12 AM
Deb United States
Deb
Good to know what's really going on, but how did those toast crumbs get in there?
1/10/2012 9:08:08 AM
Denise United States
Denise
Seriously, I would love to see a video of you dancing to the"Flea Market Montgomery" song. And thank you. I will now have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
1/10/2012 9:12:30 AM
Shena United States
Shena
You are too funny.  Miss you in Florida!
1/10/2012 9:25:52 AM
Trish United States
Trish
Ok I needed a good laugh this morning thanks Smile
1/10/2012 9:47:03 AM
Amy United States
Amy
This is so funny it makes me want to slap my momma.
1/10/2012 9:49:21 AM
Mike United States
Mike
I can't help it...Florida Gators!

Duran Duran is cool.
1/10/2012 10:30:43 AM
Dee Thomasson United States
Dee Thomasson
Being the nurse that I am, I can't help but wonder what's going on that you needed a brain scan. I pray that all is well!  Love ya!
1/10/2012 10:49:09 AM
Kevin Leach United States
Kevin Leach
You sure this isn't a Rorschach Test?  Or perhaps the doc informed you incorrectly and it was the dark areas that contained the brain matter......

Was a very funny post, Brant.  Thank you for the smile.
1/10/2012 10:56:24 AM
Mark United States
Mark
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm glad I'm not the only person out there who has digital images of his noggin. Mine is a series of slides the are horizontal slices through my head. The other interesting photos I have are of my colon... that about using them as a Christmas card...
1/10/2012 11:08:24 AM
Amy United States
Amy
nice. lol
1/10/2012 11:18:54 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Hey, I have pictures of my brain too! Awsome!
1/10/2012 12:04:04 PM
Emily United States
Emily
Fantastic!  I love that the largest region of your cerebral cortex appears to be dedicated to "Monty Python Lines" - surely there is no better use of brain cells!
1/10/2012 12:26:09 PM
Cynthia United States
Cynthia
Wait....there are dance moves to Flea Market Montgomery?
1/10/2012 2:37:37 PM
KatyS United States
KatyS
LOL! Love it! I wish they would have let me keep a picture of my brain when I had an MRI...
1/10/2012 3:32:08 PM
Dawn Rowe United States
Dawn Rowe
Hello to my favorite DJ ever!!! I love listening to you. I am glad I found you on AIR1, however I do miss your morning show. I was wondering if there was a way to ask you questions about autism? If you agree, what would be the best way to do that?
1/10/2012 3:47:43 PM
Cindi United States
Cindi
My first thought... what prompted this scan?
You seem quite well and "normal" to me. Smile
1/10/2012 4:28:02 PM
GodGirl15 United States
GodGirl15
This is so funny Brant! Now I wish I could have an MRI so I can have a picture of my brain... Laughing
1/10/2012 6:06:53 PM
AVT United States
AVT
Whoaz,

Made me laugh of course, and, I think my brain may have some things in common with yours... Not sure if that's a good thing...
*tips head and toast crumbs fall out ear*

Keep up the awesomeness!
~AVT

1/10/2012 9:31:00 PM
Cheese Doodle Bandit United States
Cheese Doodle Bandit
Ha ha!
1/11/2012 1:02:36 PM
David United States
David
I am so glad that I get to know you. I take anti-depressants as well. It helps to know even someone as awesome as you takes them. Maybe one day I can be like you. I eat my daily toast, so I can only hope.
1/12/2012 12:36:28 PM
GodGirl15 United States
GodGirl15
@David, we all wish we could be as awesome as Brant!!! Laughing do you like to eat toast burn too? I think it is gross... Tong lol!!!
1/12/2012 3:42:08 PM
Elaine Turk United States
Elaine Turk
During a Woman of Faith conference, Sheila Walsh said that she thanked God everyday for the little pill (anti-depressant) to help her.  I'm grateful for Prozac as it helps me let go of the small things--give them to Jesus--and concentrate on the more important matters.  It makes me a better employee, mom, and I don't feel like crying all of the time or think of wrong things--even suicide. If we were living in a perfect world, we wouldn't need pills--right..
1/13/2012 2:01:18 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
haha... the only reason I signed onto air 1 was because i had heard about your blog on depression. However now that I'm reading more of your blogs... HAHAHAHAHHA. I'm so grateful to have found your radio station again and be able to listen to uplifting songs. This blog really made me laugh which is something I need to do more of. Thanks
1/13/2012 5:12:28 PM
Laura United States
Laura
I refused meds for 19 years (panic attacks, OCD and depression) because taking that pill meant that I was "sick" and I did not want to be! My existence was just that,existing...not living! How terrified I was and how terrible I suffered all those years (suicidal), but alas, not needlessly! If your body weren't producing enough insulin you'd have to have a shot for it; if you had heart trouble you'd have to have medication. But for some reason when we cannot SEE the problem or when we are sick from "the neck up" it changes our perspectives significantly. And yet the head/brain is connected to that same body and gets sick also! Our "imperfections" on this earth includes this earthly body. We are charged (biblically) to take care of it! Whether its thru paxil or prozac that "balances" us,we are deficient in some type of brain chemical and must be responsible in our own recovery for seeking the help. God has provided the doctors, medical advances and help to us, but we must be willing to do our part also by TAKING the medications.
I am now a psychotherapist and recognize why I walked thru my "fires" for so long. I Know that God has used my own life experiences to help those who suffer mentally as well. There is so much more to this, but in short, you continue to do your part and let God continue to do His. I am a better person because of my medications in so many ways, but especially to my family and clients!  Blessings and continued health to you!
3/12/2013 9:13:09 PM
@Eric_anderson1 United States
@Eric_anderson1
this explains... SO MUCH haha Smile we love you brant!